Need Help With Cartomizer

AR7K

Hello.

I've recently purchased this cartomizer:

http://www.thevetera...er-emdcc-black/

and I got it today.

Now I am not used to using a cartomizer and this is my first one, so I had a bit of difficulty filling up the carto with the juice. Couldn't use the condom method since this carto is huge. I don't exactly how much ml of juice I've dropped but it was about 1/4th of a 10ml bottle.

When I filled it up, the wicks in the carto didn't look anything like a slurpie or slushie like I've seen in carto tutorial videos. The wicks in it looks pretty dry.

When I tried vaping it, it was really, really harsh and it has a bit of a burnt taste. Now, it can be the juice since I bought a 24 mg nicotine tobacco flavor which I've never tried before, but I don't know if I filled it up right or not.

Can anyone give me some tips with using a carto?

Edited by AR7K

I kinda filled it partially onto the filler material with a syringe, and partially with just drops onto the carto casing and let it drop down because I couldn't get the syringe into the juice bottle.

Some claim it holds up to 5MLS so you may want to add more, sounds like theres not enough in it yet. Thats why it is tasting burnt. Its a giant carto so the same principle applies as a regular carto only larger.

Keep adding juice then... until it's wet on top like Ron said.

You may want to start with a new carto... unfortunately that burnt taste may be there to stay since it wasn't filled all the way to begin with. Just a thought.

Edited by DAYVAPE

They'll hold right at 90 drops... any more and it'll start running out the bottom. If you flood it, just hole a paper towel over the end and blow through it go get the juice out of the air tube. I usually hold it at an angle and rotate the carto as I fill it (drips a few drops, turn a little, drip a few drops). I did use a syringe once or twice, but it seemed easier just to drip into it.

You may notice that it's a little rough on the first few hits, but it will get better after several drags. The first time I used one, my first thought was "man, this sucks". That was because of how rough it was at first. However, it cleared up after several hits. Every one I've used has done the same thing. I really like them.

Yea, that's the feeling I'm getting. It feels really, really rough and harsh right now. I got 24 mg of nicotine because I enjoyed the throat hit from going 16mg to 24mg for before, but this is way too harsh.

Hope it does get clear up and get better though after several drags.

I used to use these all the time. It takes a little less than 3 ml, and you do have to let it sit for a few minutes. If you are not using a needle to fill it, it will take a lot longer to fill. Even using a needle, it's a little tricky, but you get the hang of it. I would say they are definitely worth it if you can get used to it.

Sorry, can't help you with cleaning tips. I've never been one to clean atomizers or cartomizers. I just use them for a week or two and pitch them - they are considered disposable. Most of the flavors I use blend well together anyhow.

You can check around on the forum and youtube to find how some people clean them though... methods range from boiling to soaking in PGA (pure grain alcohol) or Vodka.