Sb400 Has Been Vetoed!

For those of you that have not heard that fight was worth it! I received this in my email today

To the Members of the California State Senate:

I am returning Senate Bill 400 without my signature.

While I support restricting access of electronic cigarettes to children under the age of 18, I

cannot sign a measure that also declares them a federally regulated drug when the matter is

currently being decided through pending litigation.

Items defined as “tobacco products” are legal for anyone over the age of 18. If adults want to

purchase and consume these products with an understanding of the associated health risks, they

should be able to do so unless and until federal law changes the legal status of these tobacco

products.

For this reason, I am unable to sign this bill.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

THANK YOU TO ARNOLD SCHWARNZENEGGER!!!! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED FIGHT AND SEND THOSE EMAILS YOU GUYS MADE IT HAPPEN! AWESOME!

Please email Arnold and give him a big thank you! People always forgot to say thank you, then make sure he knows we appreciate what he did!

CLICK HERE TO SEND A THANK YOU LETTER

Again guys thank you for all your support, this is our first big win! :D :D :D

-Chris

i'm SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS, AND ITS ALSO GREAT NEWS FOR OUR COUNTRY. THIS WILL SHOW OTHER LEGISLATORS WHO TRY TO GO IN ALL NILLI WILLHI AND GET ANYTHING UNDER THE SUN BANNED JUST BECAUSE THEIR SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP DOESN'T LIKE THEM. i HOPE THE WOMAN WHO'S ULGY MUG PIC YOU HAD UP HERE WAS SCWIRMING IN HER SEAR. i COULD SAY A LOT MORE ABOUT THAT WENCH, BUT YOU WOULD PROBABLLY HAVE TO REMOVE MY COMENT IF i DID.

I HOPE NOW COOLER HEARDS WILL RULE FOR THE REST OF THE TIME NEEDED TO GET THESE PROPERLY TESTED AND REGULATED!!!

CHRIS

As a former Californian, I dutifully wrote the Governator about this issue... twice. I'm so encouraged by his action for the future of e-cigs in America!

As Chris mentioned, thank-yous are in order. Here's what I wrote the Gov just now:

Gov, I want to applaud your recent decision to reject SB 400 as it was written, and especially for specifically citing your objections to the electronic cigarette provisions contained therein. You have done a great good, sir, by keeping the doors in California open to an unbiased, practical and thoughtful handling of the e-cig phenomenon.

By rejecting precipitous ignorance and the obvious agendas of the anti-smoker crowd and the Big Pharm lobby, you have helped set the stage for appropriate study and (if justified by the results of such studies, which we e-cig advocates confidently expect) eventual propagation of e-cigs as the best thing for smokers since the invention of the Zippo.

Thank you for your diligent consideration of this bill and your smart, forward-thinking choice in the matter.

What do ya think, Lacey... do we have precedent for defeating the measure going on up in Indy now?

:showoff:

I'm just GIDDY !!! I just woke up here in Fla, first thing I do is check my email, and I get one from Chris who I can tell by the e mail is drunk with vindication. Let this be our lesson, we CAN make a difference. Who knows if it wasnt one of our letters that swayed him. And, just as we feared the domino effect if this had passed, it goes both ways. Now other states may be leary of passing the same kind of bill. Anyways Congrats Chris and Sean, and everyone who helped. Now, we just landed at Omaha Beach, its a LONG way to Berlin. Lets Roll ...... :thumbsup:

Ok. Just took a gander at Cruella's SJR 8 , and if there is ONE thing I can deduce from it, its that she is DEFINITLY in someones pocket. She clearly has an agenda that shes not going to give up on easily. EVERY "whereas" in the bill is based on outdated half truths, and it seems her MAIN sticking point is that e cigs are aimed at kids. Guys, thats just TOO easy to shoot down. I think if we sent her 100 e mails, shes so ignorant shed read 3 and delete any more that came in. She doesnt WANT to hear our voice, she just wants everyone to hear hers. So, how do you drown out an ignorant, egotistacle ( or as Archie Bunker would say, egotesticle ) jerk, you talk OVER her. I say we KEEP innundating Arnold with e mails. Hes already shown he has more common sense than her, that hes NOT willing to blindly take away peoples rights -

"Items defined as tobacco products are legal for anyone over the age of 18. If adults want to

purchase and consume these products with an understanding of the associated health risks, they

should be able to do so unless and until federal law changes the legal status of these tobacco

products."

Keep shooting over her head, no ones listening to her, but hes already listened to us. Keep him and those around him informed. They are our allies now.

Edited by keenan

Ok so some good news with sb400.

Do we need to watch the other one our evil friend is working on?

SJR 8

Yeah, I'm up there with Chris and Grimm. Whilst it may not be my position to do so, one thing I would also like to reiterate is Chris's request to send out a note of thanks. Everyone likes positive feedback and it'll show the CA State Department that the vaping community is made up of caring, "quality" people... which has certainly been my undoubted experience of it.

As for the SJR8, what concerns me is the statement "found to be safe"... should it not be a "a proven reduced-harm alternative to cigarettes"??? (which has already been effectively proven, bar the fanfare). Due to the nature of Nicotine itself, e-cigs are never going to be considered what is generally interpreted as "safe". Manageable, and less likely to illicit an adverse effect on health compared to cigarettes... most certainly... but "safe"??? Er, no... It's that "bias" which concerns me because we only have to look at the excuse the FDA used to get imports banned. However, as us users KNOW, they are a far better alternative to burned tobacco... which is a most positive step in the right direction.

Good things! :jump:

Ta ta

J :wave:

Awesome. Congratulations guys. Canadians are supporting you, and we know that our turn will come that we will require your assistance

Better keep an eye opened and stay organized. This is one battle, and unfortunately, there will be more to come.

Nevertheless, great work and keep on vaping.

Woot! Still pretty excited over here :)

Remember for all of you in Canada I just created a new Campaigning area (you can find this section of the forum on the main page) If you get us some contact info we'd be more than happy to help any way we can. The favor goes both ways and I can't thank our friends enough up north for any support you gave!

Christopher, I would just like to thank YOU for spearheading the whole email campaign. If it wasn't for you taking an active interest in having this bill vetoed, it may have actually been passed. Other forums didn't care as much as Vapor Talk did. We all should be thankful for your actions.