An E-Cigarette Needs An E-Ashtray!

jowaddle

Hi Friends,

Along with the homemade clip I put on my e-cigarette, I also decided I wanted an ashtray. Smoking and vaping may be very different, but it is also very similar with the mental aspects. I won't go in to how long I was an analog smoker, but it was long enough that not having an ashtray to set my e-cigarette down in was starting to aggravate me somewhat after a few weeks. I found an old ashtray, cleaned it out and made it shine. Then I dug around in my craft closet and found some pretty gems. Ok, so maybe I'm pointing this post towards the women, or maybe the guys might like marbles or rocks instead? Either way, it's nice to have a clean ashtray nowadays instead of a stinking one full of gross butts, right? Besides, lighting cigarettes, blowing smoke, buying fancy ashtrays and lighters, it's all part of the ritual. And hey, after a couple of months of using my e-ashtray, I noticed some oil in there that had leaked out of the pipe. So maybe I saved my furniture and pockets from getting oily! Check out my e-ashtray and see what you think :yes

Jo

post-17741-0-49698300-1353089962_thumb.j

Very cool looking, although I think my wife would look at me funny if I walked around the house with an ashtray with sparkley jewels. :D

But she doesn't laugh at you with your pink ego?

Well I think would be a really cool idea would be to make steam come up the tip at the end. Just have a small hole you can't see in the center and put a built in steam producer or whatever it is. Then it would almost be identical to an actual cigarette. Except it would never get down in size all the way down to the filter like an actual cigarette would do.

A toothbrush holder, freakin genius.

Why thank you, jowaddle. After about the fiftieth time that I accidentally knocked my e-cig over I started looking at test tube holders. Those were too many holes and not enough "interesting" shapes or colors. Then, one of them reminded me of a toothbrush holder and... they really do work well! :)

Well you could just go simple. Just size up some brackets to your ecig after that screw them to the wall and there you go. You can slip them in the bracket and then it will stay upright and won't fall either. Not sure why you would need to do this unless you have something like a clearomizer in which could flood if it isn't kept upright. I just take mine off and let them sit upright.

You guys are definitely on to something! I just got on Amazon and typed in "toothbrush holder beautiful" and look what came up! This doesn't even LOOK like a toothbrush holder. I wouldn't mind having this sit in my living room holding my awesome e-cigs for company to see. And then, yes, adding rhinestones and stuff... oh man. And who's to say you couldn't find something like this at a Goodwill??? Yup. You guys rock.

http://www.amazon.com/Toothbrush-Holder-Western-Woven-Leather/dp/B004UC689Q/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1353260074&sr=8-6&keywords=toothbrush+holder+beautiful

• 2 weeks later...

I like the ash tray, I use one. I found a pre-Disney Florida souiviner ashtray in an antique shop, it has a map of lorida on the bottom with all the big tourist attractions of the time highlighteted on it, Orlando isn,t even on the little map.So really I ended up with 2 cool conversation pieces, my Ego, and my antique ashtray that I would never stain with a burning cigarette.

Edited by seaspine