Vision Clearomiser Leaks

mcquinn

My third Vision Clearomiser is by far the leakiest ,I was able to consider it as condensation on the first two .But this one is leaking bad enough I think I have located the source.I suspect it is a press fit in the outer ring as the liquid is always on the outside of my 510 charging extension .If I had some Super Glue I would clean it and drip some in to see if it seals it.Going to order a Vivi on payday haven't heard of them leaking.

Never had a single leak with my Nova, but my new Boge F-16 doesn't leak a drop either and my juices easily have twice the flavor compared to the Nova. Have either of you tried carto tanks?

As for the leaking Visions, Scotch tape ain't pretty, but it certainly is effective. :yes

I have a carto tank but filling is a hassle. I like the ease of use with the Nova. I have read other people post about muted flavors in the Nova and I haven't experienced that yet.

My leakage isn't out side it is inside of the ring as the liquid is around the top of the 510 charging extension.I would think the Vivi and Vision clearomisers should taste the same as the element assy. appears to be the same piece.Cartomiser tanks would have to leak in my opinion,just plain physics .The liquid is going to want to seek its level and there is nothing to stop that.I use mostly Boge cartomisers and the clearomisers was just an experiment for me as the cost has gotten so low on them.They do last quite a while,the flavor is good,filling is easy and they go quite a while on a fill.I use thinner PG liquids so if it isgoing to leak mine will.

Edited by mcquinn

I use Vivi Nova's without a problem. If you want more wicking with them just cut a "V' in the plastic/silicone top piece just above the wicks. Or you can take a pair of needlenose pliers and insert them into the atomizer head. Not above the wicks but on the opposite 2 sides, now firmly pull the needle nose handles apart so the area above the wicks WIDENS just a bit. Put the plastic/silicone top piece back on in the correct position.

Vivi's don't leak if top and bottom pieces are threaded on firmly.

CE4 "Stardusts" have leaked badly for me, waste of money, imo. Kanger T2's I'm no fan of either. Hard to clean, the bottom piece doesn't come apart making cleaning/rinsing thoroughly a problem. T2's also have the centerpost extended too high, it is partially up into the cheap plastic mouthpiece making chainvaping these a PITA.

Vivi Nova, FTW!

Edited by Luvinthevape

Cartomiser tanks would have to leak in my opinion,just plain physics .The liquid is going to want to seek its level and there is nothing to stop that...I use thinner PG liquids so if it is going to leak mine will.

I was skeptical about carto tanks, too...I didn't see how my 80PG/20VG liquid wouldn't just run out of the bottom of the carto...but mine doesn't leak a drop. All I can say is I have been enlightened. I bought my Boge F-16 tank from Sure Vapes for $5.95 + free shipping, and I guess I just figured that with all the hype, I just had to see what the deal was for myself. Now I can't imagine using anything else (other tanks, I mean). I've used every brand and type of carto, atties (510, 306, IO6, 901, bridged/bridgeless, LR/SR/HR), Vision clearos, ViVi Novas...you name it, but this tank is the best $5.95 I've ever spent on vaping gear. The taste it provides is unbelievable, and the vapor production is off the chain!

I'll still use cartos when I'm at work and on the go for convenience, and I'll still drip at home so I can change flavors on the fly, but as far as clearos go, I think I'm through with 'em...my new carto tank is far and away my favorite.

Edited by Rixter

... mine leak from the center post, not on the outside.

Never had that problem...just the leak where the plastic meets the metal ring. The thing I don't like about them is how quickly the airflow declines.

Yes, the declining airflow is an issue. I blow mine out but it quickly gets gummed up again. I do like them and they have served me well over the past few months, I need to move on to something better and so far the Nova is footing the bill nicely.

So I got some Super Glue and proceeded to ruin a week old Clearo by getting it on the threads.Oh well it leaked any way.Interesting thing was when I dripped the superglue into the outer ring being a lot thinner it just ran through where the plastic is pressed on the base and caused the oring in the neck to shrivel up.Last clearo for me,ordered a Vivi mini today.