Atomizer Resistance

hello all, new guy here with a few Q's, i started with a 808 style kit and quickly realized if i want to really get the most enjoyment out of this Its time to step it up and get real. didnt really know better but ya have to start somewhere.

I am really interesed in the joye ego systems, thinking of getting one of the big batteries (900 or 1100) w pass through so i can charge n vape and maybe a reg for a spare. any thoughts on this or maybe something better? and maybe which is better (t,c etc)

i want to try a clearomizer at work and on the go (pick up, set down etc) again any thoughts or advice, or recommendations for good/better ones to try.

i think carts are ok so i started refilling mine for now but they go too quick (maybe mine just suck), but what do u guys think is better for vaper/hit feeling - atomizer, cart or tank/clearomizer?

This one I cant seem to stumble upon yet I see tanks and clearomizers in diff resistances.

for the ego type batt whats a good number and whats the difference, already spent enough starting with something kinda meh, dont want to lay out a bunch more and realize its the wrong set up/ or I ordered the wrong resistance and it doesnt work good or screwed up the battery.

Aaaaand last of all, anyone dealt with http://www.ecigbestsave.com before?

some of the prices seem decent on what im looking at but in my researching all of this i have seen a ton of knockoffs and ripoffs and dont want to get cheap copies of the batteries (like all the local stores around here it seems) --- but i dont mind paying a little more if someone knows a kicka** site.

sorry for the novel but I figured you guys are the ones to ask. :)

former chain smoker for 30 years and in less then 3 weeks I feel a biiiig difference. (think i went from ex smoker to vaper fanatic lol)

Welcome, Thrasher. You've come to the best place to ask questions. You'll get lots of experienced vapers on this site giving you the best advice on the starter kits. I think you're on the right track with an eGO battery. Just keep in mind that if you get a pass through, you'll need the USB cable to charge it. The "regular" eGO batteries take a different charger. If you like the pass through, you might just stay with a different pass through to keep it similar. You can also get an a/c adapter for the USB cord.

Everyone has their own personal favorites. Mine seem to change the longer I vape. At first I used cartomizers and clearomizers. Then, I changed to clearomizers exclusively until Kitsune got me into direct dripping. It all depends on what works for *you*. Some trial and error is on your horizon but the learning and experimenting is more than half the fun! And back-ups are a must. Back-ups of back-ups (especially of e-juices) are... addicting. :lol:

I've bought quite a few things from http://www.ecigbestsave.com and they give excellent customer service. So far everything I've gotten from them has been quality stuff although I've never bought any batteries from them, just drip tips, atomizers, and a few clearomizers... I think.

Good luck!

Edited by Tameiki

Welcome :yes

Tameiki gave good advice !!!

As you continue vaping you will try many variations. The ego batteries are very reliable. The passthroughs can be charged with a mini usb or with a standard ego charger...gives a couple options. with a pass through you don't have to worry about a dead battery....work great in the car too.

My preferences are clearomizers, tank with cartomizer, eGo 2.4 ml CC (changable coil) clearomizers (newest love)...I got mine from Veteran vapers http://www.theveteranvaper.com/ego-2-4ml-cc-changeable-coil-clearomizer-clear/ and then of course there is dripping.

The best for just starting out is the ego + Clearomizer. The kits offer good prices and give the basics for getting started.

Resistance....the lower the number (resistence) the warmer the vapor. For me I prefer the lower Resistance for better throat hit and vapor production. You will want to experiment a bit to find what works best for you. Either way, its not a waste of money, each resistance is a bit different, but very usable.

Clear as mud???? keep asking, we will do our best to answer. :baby:

I love the eGo 2.4 ml CC (changeable coil) clearomizers! They give the closest to the true flavor of the e-juices next to dripping. You don't have to buy a whole clearo when it no longer produces vapor like it did before -- you just change the inside coil (unscrew the tip/mouth piece, unscrew the coil, pop a new one in, replace the tip) and you're good to go. The coils come in a five pack that are much cheaper than to buy the whole thing. AND! It holds a whopping 2.4 ml of liquid so you don't have to mess with things so often. They're also very easy to clean and reuse. :)

You can't go wrong by buying from The Veteran Vapor. The customer service there is excellent and Brian is very knowledgeable about all of his products.

alright, cool - thanks for the replies.

im sure about the "trying many things" answer based on the replies and a little more research i have already changed my mind (again) but seeing as how in 3 weeks ive already past breaking even on the last kit ($7+ per pack- 1 1/2 packs aday) im sure this is just the begining.

again thanks for the replies and any more Q's ill be back..........