Question For Veteran Vapors

Suzicube

I read in another post that most people vape more than they used to smoke. I'm still pretty new and haven't completely gotten off the analogs but am down from a pack and a half a day to a half pack. I do find that when I'm vaping I seem to be doing it constantly because my thinking is that it's harmless so why not? I think at some point I am just going to have to set a date to quit the analogs and just get in the mindset that vaping will be my new normal.

For those that have been vaping a long time and are not smoking analogs, are you vaping way more nicotine than you did with cigarettes? I've tried googling the nicotine content in Marlboro 100's and I just can't seem to find what nicotine content is in one Marlboro 100. I've been vaping 20 (ml or mg?) but it's pretty harsh in the morning so I start out with 10. I am finding that when I'm vaping that I have quickly become addicted to it and can't seem to put it down. I don't want to give up one habit only to have another one that is worse.

I'm also not vaping tobacco flavors as I am a pretty strict Marlboro smoker and if I don't have Marlboro's I don't smoke other brands. That might be the reason why I am hesitating to go completely off analogs. Can anyone recommend a juice that has a taste comparable with Marlboro? Right now I'm vaping butter rum which has quickly become my favorite but it seems to give me a hangover type feeling the next day.

I vape almost constantly.I am using no nic right now because I had neck surgery and nicotine interferes with bone fusion.I was using low or no nic liquids and vaping more for the flavor and because it is a mindless habit.I have been vaping for over three years now,there just came a day when I lost interest in analogs.I tried one a while back and it was not all that I remembered.When I first started vaping I had in mind just using it at work where they went no tobacco and smoking in the free world.Then I decided to hurry and beat my nicotine addiction so I cut back to low or no nic .If I cannot vape now, I am not obsessing about it , I suspect I could quit without any repercussions if I had to.You will get light headed or sick feeling if you are getting too much nicotine.

Edited by mcquinn

The beauty of vaping is being able to cut back or cut down on your nicotine intake as needed or as wanted. Another beautiful aspect is that we are not breathing in the "vapor" as we hold the pv in between puffs. Between just those two aspects, we are at a lower level of intake than analogs.

When we're active, we vape less often. When we're at the pc, we chain vape. The only difference, is we can now comfortably chain vape at the pc in the buillding, whereas before, with analogs, we had to take the laptop out to the porch or garage. But we did. Plus we breathed in all the second hand and burning end of those analogs as well.

All in all, it's a lot less.

On top of that, with the analog, we could and would smoke it down to the filter in 3 minutes. About 12 puffs in 3 minutes! Every 15 minutes or so. Wow. That really adds up, especially with all the non-action smoking combined into that figure as well.

With vaping, we take longer and fewer draws in that 3 minute session, plus the 2nd hand evaporated into thin air and there is no burning end to breathe in as well. Personally, I vape about 1-2 draws every 5-10 minutes, depending on if I'm catching up from not vaping, getting a decent puff, or tense.

Long story short, even though it seems like we're constantly vaping, it adds up to less actual puffing than smoking did.

If we can only vape for 10 minutes every 2 hours, we just switch our workhorse pv over to a higher nic level to satisfy the cravings while we're at work. When we're at home, vaping however/whenever we want, we get by with 0-12mg of nic without duress.

We can totally adjust our levels to fit our own needs on any given day.

With analogs, if we oversmoke today due to stressful situation, then tomorrow it's all we can do to not light up. With vaping, it's just the opposite! With vaping, we just set our rigs back to our good old 0mg or 12mg or 24mg or 6mg or whatever level we were most comfortable with before the mailman bit our dog incident.

Try personalizing an analog lol. I increased my smoking to 2 packs a day from one when I switched over to light cigs. Just the opposite with vaping. With vaping I switched over from 2+ packs a day to 0 cigs a day when switching down from 24mg to 12mg over the course of time.

With Vaping, our nic levels go down as we reduce our nic levels. With smoking, our nic levels go up as we decrease our nic levels because we smoke more to get our fix.

Vape on!

Ah, I didn't do very well this evening. I went all day until 6pm only having 4 analogs and then went out to eat with my family. Well, you can't use E-cigs in restaurants here so I ended up smoking way too much as I was drinking as well and that is my weakness. I was pretty disappointed in myself. Oh well, start over tomorrow and see how that goes.

You can't use ecigs in restaurants there? OK first thing... I smoked 1-1.5 packs/ day of Camel menthols so I started low (16mg nic) and increased until I found what worked (24 mg nic). It wasn't just the nic it was the feel of the hard throat hit. Also, as I increased the nic I use it less. I puff it three or four times and put it back in my pocket. I do this more often than I would light up but it works out to be less puffing. Just a thought... Now on to the restaurant thing. Have you asked and explained what it is. The reason I ask is because I had a similar experience so the next time I went to the place I asked. The waitress got the manager and he came over and asked about 100 questions about it. Ever since then wherever I go I ask and 9/10 times it's not a problem. I usually get people asking about it and commenting about how good it smells and at least one asking where they can get a good one... not the gas station garbage LOL. Just my. 02 on your post. Good luck and great job on cutting way back on analogs.

Ah, I didn't do very well this evening. I went all day until 6pm only having 4 analogs and then went out to eat with my family. Well, you can't use E-cigs in restaurants here so I ended up smoking way too much as I was drinking as well and that is my weakness. I was pretty disappointed in myself. Oh well, start over tomorrow and see how that goes.

I cannot imagine a resteraunt that allows smoking and no vaping.But tommorow is another day.I have found with a small device you can usually get a big old hit and either hold it in until it all condenses or exhale over a steamy cup of coffee.Alot of times unless you are just blatantly blowing big clouds people just ignore you .

I used to smoke more than I vape. At least a pack and a half and sometimes more than 2 for over 25 years so I was constantly lighting up. I do vape quite frequntly but it's a different thing now. Sometimes I'll have a few puffs and put it away for a very short time and then have a few more, etc. Sometimes I will go a couple hours without.

Vaping is not allowed indoors in my city and in the eyes of the law made by the board of health e-cigs are treated just like analogs. This rule varies from town to town or county to county in my state but it is not known to exist to a lot of business owners. There are not a lot of vapers around here and it hasn't been an issue. I vape just about anywhere I go to but if it is where smoking is not allowed I do it semi-stealthfuly.

i simply don't vape where your'e not supposed to smoke. i see it as a courtesy to other people. right or wrong that's just my opinion.

don't beat yourself up about having smokes now again, not everyone can just quit right off the bat.

I cannot imagine a resteraunt that allows smoking and no vaping.But tommorow is another day.I have found with a small device you can usually get a big old hit and either hold it in until it all condenses or exhale over a steamy cup of coffee.Alot of times unless you are just blatantly blowing big clouds people just ignore you .

Oh I didn't explain my self right I guess. No, you couldn't smoke in the restaurant either so we had to go outside. A group of us would go and I "could" of just vaped while they were smoking but I gave in and just smoked. I am sure the few glasses of wine clouded my judgement there! :) Doing better today with only 2 analogs so far. Once you see the ticker on my profile you'll know I've quit for good. Hopefully sooner than later.

That's the tough part i still struggle with. When i can smell the analogs i want one. I've found that it helps to just take a deep breath, and instead of focusing on how the smell makes you want want, use the smell as a way of satifying that craving. Does that make sense? lol When i smell it and crave an analog, i just close my eyes, take a deep breath (of analog 2nd hand lol) and think mmmm thats good. Then i don't want an analog anymore.

Picking up a good musky cigar/tobacco flavor of ejuice will help too.

And lastly, I've been "analog free" for almost 6 months now but i'll have one in special situations. My last one was at a NOFX concert a couple weeks ago (alcohol does not help my will power lol). Don't beat yourself up over it, you just gotta be careful and not give yourself too many freebies or you'll end up buyin a pack.