Pg/vg Question

Tam

ive only used either 100%pg or 100%vg. never really used any combos. i just ordered some 50/50 from thevaporroom.net so i guess ill see. but from what ive seen and read is that pg has more flavor and throat hit but vg has tons more vapor production. most people like and 80pg/20vg. again ive never used anything but 100% either or so i cant say but most sites say they prefer that. ill get back on this thread in a week or so when i get my 50/50 and let it steep. but i personally prefer the vg, i blow clouds with it and imho it has sufficient flavor and throat hit for me at 24mg nic...

PG = better throat hit, holds flavor better VG = bit sweeter, bit less throat hit, better vapor, thicker

I use mostly PG, with just a bit of VG for vapor. 90/10 ish.....

For me, higher VG...>50% seems to clog up atty's quicker. thicker liquids don't always wick as well.

it really is personal preference.

seems like i go the other way than most...

I'm a mainly vg vaper.. usually 70/30 and even sometimes 80vg/20 distilled h2o

it's definitley gunkyier than most blends but pg irritates my throat and i find i can't vape as much :(

water blends are surprisingly nice, but strange in a way too...

Wow. Everyone seems to have their own preferred blends! Thanks to all who replied, it's given me lots to think about. I've gone the 100% VG and steps the other way to 30 VG/70 PG. Still not sure where my preferred spot is but it's fun trying to find out. :)

I use PG or higher PG blends.VG can be harsh .But it does make some satisfying clouds of vapor.

I'm curious about the "harsh" statement, mcquinn. Do you mean it hurts your throat? If I remember correctly, you vape at 0 nic, is that right?

i like the vapor production of vg. im a bobas bounty guy and other juices from alien visions. theres something about acting as a human fog machine that really gets me goin... lol ive never tried any blends. so im curios as to what the 50/50 blend will be like. ive heard from friends that 80pg/20vg is plenty but who am i to leave those miraculous clouds to chance... lol

I'm curious about the "harsh" statement, mcquinn. Do you mean it hurts your throat? If I remember correctly, you vape at 0 nic, is that right?

Just seems to taste like a dirty carto/atty quicker to me.Kind of like if you vape a just cleaned carto or atty that still has water in it,might be due to the water they have to use to thin down the VG.The liquids I usually vape are sweet and smooth until the atty carto is funked up.I am using 0 nic as nic interferes with bone fusion in my neck surgery.Before I used to use no or low nic depending on how I felt.

seems like i go the other way than most...

I'm a mainly vg vaper.. usually 70/30 and even sometimes 80vg/20 distilled h2o

it's definitley gunkyier than most blends but pg irritates my throat and i find i can't vape as much :(

water blends are surprisingly nice, but strange in a way too...

This is so interesting! To some PG is harsh and irritates their throat, to others it's VG that's harsh. I think I'm going to be playing with the ratios to see what works best for me. Thanks for your input! :)

To some PG is harsh and irritates their throat, to others it's VG that's harsh. I think I'm going to be playing with the ratios to see what works best for me

it is strange/interesting how people have such a range of experiences with these glycols....

i think that i associate the irritation with 'throat hit' which is usually characteristic of PG

i tried an all VG blend after doing some forum trolling and a dozen bottles of juice later i've finally found the blends that i like best. :)

in the mean time it's fun to try a whole bunch of different place's blends!