Helping Smoker To Quit - Need Juice Advice Please

Monkey

My son is trying to quit smoking.

:) The good news is.... he's borrowed one of my PVs and "kind of" likes it.

:( The bad news is.... he hates every flavor in my arsenal, which is a ton =/

I know, and he knows, there's nothing that's going to taste like an analog.

However....

Can someone suggest a juice that tastes like a Camel Menthol? Or, something I can mix for something relatively close to that flavor?

I guess the biggest problem is everything I have is too "sweet" to him... 555, RY4, Cowboy Killer, etc.

Also, I know that PG naturally makes things sweeter, but I need to keep the PG around 50-60% because the vape (amount of vapor) is pretty lame (imo) when it's under that.

Anyone know of a good very non-sweet similar to a Camel Methol?

I really want him to quit analogs.. this is really important to me. Thanks :flower:

Edited by Monkey

I really like the Dekang eliquids from LitecigUSA or Ecigbestsave,you would not have a lot invested in several 10 ml bottles of that .I am not into menthol much but the Hillington/Hilton,Dunnhill/Deluxe or Turbosmog are very good tobacco flavors kinda smokey.

Congrats for your son switching over to vaping from smoking! I hope he finds juices that are to his liking.

Always remember that our tastebuds keep changing. Not only just from the process of quitting smoking, but just because they do anyway. If he doesn't like a flavor today, he might love it in 6 months. He might love a flavor today and hate it in 6 months and then relike it in another 2 weeks. We are people, we are totally weird that way.

With that said, he might have to join the elite club and purchase the more expensive types of ejuices, like the ones found at Want2Vape. They extract the tobacco flavor themselves, etc... Yes, he will go through more attys and cartos too, because they're always a thicker, darker juice. But... it's still cheaper than stinkers by far, not only in the monthly purchases of cigs, but in the future ICU ward as well. Oxygen tanks aren't cheap!

Here's the link: http://want2vape.com/

Good luck!!

Oh! I hear Swagger at PinkSpotVapor is quite good. I like the 555 cowboy, but it sounds like he won't. I haven't tried the Swagger yet, I'm too keen on their signature flavors, like B-spot and so forth.

P.S.

Tobacco flavors seem to taste better in the old fashioned cart styles, with the fluffy filler material. There is a new one out, that rocks, and I highly recommend finding one. It's called the Spheroid (which I usually spell wrong). Scott, Igethca69 has review on it that might interest you.

Sorry, no help with tobacco flavors. Congrats on helping your son !!!!

Not sure if it was just a typo.....VG = vapor and sweet, PG= better throat hit, not as sweet.

Finding the right flavors is always a challenge !! Tell him to hang in and not give up.

That recommendation about Halo Menthol Ice caught my attention since it's what I vape 99% of the time.

The thing is, your son...if he picks up vaping...may gravitate toward a juice that's NOTHING like what he smoked.

My recommendation is to seek out vendors who offer variety packs. (Halo is one such company.) You get an assortment of flavors at a fairly equitable price.

You might also want to attend a vape meet if you can. The one I attend (when I get the chance) solicits vendors to donate juice for vapers to sample. Nothing better than sampling and socializing with fellow vapers.

This e-juice review rates a particular juice as "great for getting someone off cigarettes".

Might be worth taking a look at.

http://content.spinfuel.com/2012/09/plume-room-ejuice-review/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SpinfuelEcigsMagazine+%28Spinfuel+eCigs+Magazine%29

I used mostly frooty ones from Awesome Vapor at first because none of the tobacco tasted like tobacco.After three years I pretty much can't stand sweet and frooty so now I use all the Dekang tobacco flavors .

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought... Get a carto and burn a lil' filler material purposefully. I know we all hate it, but it is as close to an analog as you will come with a pv. Then throw whatever tobacco flavor in and tell him to vape away. Best of luck.^^

• 1 month later...

Major apologies for the late response. Thanks for all the tips and info.

I ordered some liqua 'bright tobacco' which sort of does the trick. I just had to give him some straight peppermint from perfumer's apprentice to add to it for the menthol 'boost'. He still hasn't completely quit yet :( but he's doing a little better now that I've bought him a vv.

The best I have had was the very first one I tried: http://www.mister-e-liquid.com/kamel-hump/ just add menthol and it is awesome. I haven't tried it by itself so I don't know if it is just as good without the menthol. They also have a light version: http://www.mister-e-liquid.com/kamel-hump-light/ all liquids I have tried here have always tasted great even the free samples that I have always gotten with an order. They are basically new flavors that they are developing and he also has nicotine in the samples unlike others that always have 0 in them. Hope this helps and if you want it like camel crush menthol then add extra menthol and it will be extra cool flavor.