Cleaning/re-Using 510 Cartomizer & Vision Ego Clearomizer

Dejavu

Ok so it's been well over a week now of vaping & I've already burnt through all 15 of my Standard 3.0ohm single coil 510 Cartomizer & I've already used the 2 Vision Ego's I've got.

What do i mean by "burnt through"?

Well I mean I didn't have a labeling system of any kind + was in the car on road trip, so all of my cartomizers have been used with so many different flavors, they all taste disgusting now. I'll never make that mistake again.

So in the mean time, until I re-order some more cartomizers, what can I do to clean & re-use all the ones I have? Same question for the Vision Ego's as well.

Thanks guys!

P.S. My favorite "most vaped" mixed-flavor so far would be the following by Vapor Room: Cinnamon Danish Swirl, mixed with some "Vanilla Bean Icecream" from freedomsmokes. It's decently yum!

Now I just need to find a good "every day" tabacco flavor to replace my Camel Silver Menthols...cuz the 555 menthol, & camel flavor (with menthol mixed in from the apprentice) just aren't doing it for me.

I just tried my "port menthol" from the vapor room that arrived today & it's " ' ok ' " but I know its gonna need 3-5 days to steep properly no doubt.

I usually just run hot water through them, blow them out and let them dry, it cleans out the flavor somewhat but the flavor u get from a new one never comes back to it. You can try boiling them but I never have so I can't tell u much. I did the same with my vision ego ones as well, just run hot water through it and shake it up and whatnot, It cleans most of the flavor out but the same thing, the flavor is still muted and not the same as a fresh one. Without being able to get to the coils I dont think there is a surefire way to get it performing like a new one. Last time I tried dry burning but all it did was burn the filler and ruin the cartos.

If you wanna live off the used ones til you can get new ones heres what I do at least if you want to try it out. Just run the water in the sink on hot then run it through your cartomizers, if you have a syringe you can fill the syringe and just push hot water through the filling otherwise I just blow through the mouthpiece end to get all the water out, resoak it with hot water a couple times and just keep blowing it out then I just let them dry overnight.

Edited by twelveday

I think the Vision clearos will take a new flavor and the old will fade away rather quickly. They can be rinsed with water and used right away to speed up the process.. Cartos on the other hand, good luck!

I think the Vision clearos will take a new flavor and the old will fade away rather quickly. They can be rinsed with water and used right away to speed up the process.. Cartos on the other hand, good luck!

Yea I actually just did that before I came to the post. I rinsed with water 1x, patted out the excess onto a paper towl...then re-filled with new juice....started vaping immediately & the old flavor is almost gone (after about 10 full-long pulls). So I think I will probably not use any more carto's until I am 100% sure which flavors I like/don't like. And I will definitely be ordering some more of these Vision Ego Carto's....They aren't producing a HUGE amount of vapor....but it's just so much easier, less mess, less time....it's just the best thing I've tried so far in my limited experience opinion.

Thanks guys!

I have been using my vision clearomizers alot. I rinse them and reuse...don't even really need any dry time. I find some liquids give alot more vapor than others.

I also find after rinsing them, it take a few draws to get it going again....but over all I love the ease of use.

I have never had much luck with cartomizers.

I got them, rinsed them out, did a dry burn (sorta) then put juice in it and ......blech! I OBVIOUSLY didn't clean it right because it has a machine oil kind of taste to it. BLECH! Anyway....everything else I LOVE! Can't wait for this nasty flavor to burn off.

Edited by MadKat

Do not dry burn a carto/clearo?

I have done the same thing, mixing too many flavors in a carto and mudding it up something awful. As long as I know I haven't used the carto for months they clean up decently.

I clean my cartos with rubbing alcohol. I save them up until I have a few to clean and pour 90% rubbing alcohol into a low dish, and let them sit for 2-3 days. swirling and shaking a little to help move things around.

Let them dry for about 3-5 days and they always come back decent. I do the same with ego-C atties, and my 510's (with a dry burn on these last two)

Edited by sasetrase

just an FYI...one of my clearomizers I cleaned with distilled white vinegar has what looks like corrosion on the inside to the "metal" base...other one is fine. The silver flaked off leaving a rusted metal look...ew