Decreasing Nicotine Levels From 18 Mg To 12 Mg?

MadKat

I'm planning to taper off the nicotine and want to know if going down in the nicotine levels will effect taste and throat hit, etc? I have been consistently vaping 18 mg since I started, but want to decrease the nicotine while still enjoying the vape for.....EVER! LOL! Does anyone here vape without adding the nicotine?

I have gone down from 24 to 18 and now trying 12mg. You deffinately lose some throat hit. I still keep 18 mg juices around for when I need that little extra hit.Some folks add a touch of menthol for a better TH.

its a process, lower nic when ur ready.

I spent a few months at 24mg

a few months at 18mg

and now about a month at 12mg, and honestly the 12 is getting to be too much for me. I use to vape 24 like it was air lol

like I said, its a process, lower it when ur ready. The main thing to remember is you've already done the hard part, and that's quitting the smokes. Ain't nothin but smooth sailing from here. :)

have u tried 100%PG without nicotine at 5v? maybe that would give some throat hit still. at least from what i hear, pg and power add some throat hit, but i havent tried 0% nicotine like that though.

Actually i should be getting my DIY supplies soon and i can test it out and see how it goes if 100%PG on 5v still has throat hit,

Edited by twelveday

I've noticed a date stamped on a few of my juice bottles from Kick Bass Vapor...does this mean there is expiration date on juices? I'm wondering if it's safe to hang onto liquids for the purpose of adding higher nicotine as needed while I'm decreasing my nic amount.

I've also noticed my usual favorite all the time vape, Peppermint ice cream..add a dash of my candy cane pole from time to time is kind of burning my mouth and tongue a bit...meaning it's got a bite now like pepper (?) and I don't taste the sweet as much as I notice the bite. What's that about? Time to switch flavors?

ok, cool beans :) The date on the bottle isn't the date it was made because it's usually stamped at a date later in the same month I received it which is why I was curious about it. I can't imagine which ingredient would expire, but with the different flavorings I figure it could be considered a food product?

it's not so much the taste as it is the reaction in my mouth and back of my tongue...does that makes sense? Kind of a burn and dulling the taste buds...is that a reaction to the pg or just a signal I should change flavors...or maybe the nic content?

I HAVE gotten juice in my mouth but usually only on the lips or just right on the inside of the lips and I wipe it away immediately when that happens. Never all the way into my mouth. This usually only happens when I'm vaping in bed and tilt the kgo bottom end up.

Edited by MadKat

the burning i got was kind of like you explained, its not really like a burning but a dulling or numbing. Im not exactly sure what caused it either because it only happened to me when i first started vaping lol. Maybe it was the 100%PG eliquid I vaped at the time or my tastebuds healing from quitting smoking im not sure