Another Way To Clean Your Atomizer

jmhester

I've been experimenting with cleaning up atomizers. I tried the diet coke trick which didn't work that well. Then I tried the boiling water trick which worked OK. Last night as I was putting my dentures in to soak (laugh it up but I lost them the cool way in a skydiving accident! B) ) I remembered my wife cleaning her jewelery with denture tablets. So I thought, what the heck? Dropped a couple of 901 atty in a tupperware bowl with a denture tablet (no, not with my teeth! :P ). Man, it worked like a charm!

Here's the process:

1. 1 Fill a container with hot water from the tap and drop in a denture cleaner tablet
  2. 2 Drop in the atomizer(s) and allow to soak overnight.
  3. 3 Remove the atomizers and rinse them well under running water.
  4. 4 Gently blow from the threaded side to dislodge any loose particles.
  5. 5 Roll up a some paper towel and push it loosely into the atomizer.
  6. 6 Set the atomizers open side down in a shot glass with a little paper towel in the bottom and allow to dry 24 hours.
  7. 7 When ready to vape, be sure and add 4-5 drops of juice directly on the atomizer. I usually put a filled cart in, too, to keep everything moist.

Remember, it takes a bit of vaping to get the atty to start up, so don't panic if at first it doesn't vape.

A shot glass also makes a handy atty holder. Just put some paper towel in the bottom and set them in, open side down. That will drain out the excess juice when the atty is not being used.

LOL, from your avatar I was expecting the loss to be from boxing.

Ok, I have been wondering about something on cleaning addys for a while and I am just going to toss it out there. I owned a water pipe many years ago. Nope, it wasn't for tobacco use either. But it would get very nasty pretty quick. There was a product back in those days designed to clean water pipes / bongs called "Grunge Off". I have no idea if this product is still around, but it did what it was designed to do very very well. The only place you could find Grunge Off then was at shops that sold bongs and pipes and such.

1. Do they still make this stuff?

2. Has anyone tried it?

3. Did it work?

4. Would this be safe to use on an addy?

With all that said, I think the denture tabs might be an easier way to go. And it's readily available. Think I will steal a few from my father and test it out this weekend.

Diggs

I remember grunge off. It was supposed to remove any "tobacco" build-up, and it did. That water pipe would comeout looking like it had been in an acid bath. I would be curious because the baked on resin looked very similiar to the baked on crud that I saw in some super HD pictures of a crudy atty in a different post on this site.

My big concern would be the chemical they use in grunge off. You didn't run the risk of smoking those chemical in a water pipe because you could wipe out and wash the bowl real good afterwards...and you had the whole waterfilter thing. With the atty the heating element and the wick could soak up that stuff.

Here is a link:

http://www.kublnicks.com/groffsusotop.html

I just googled grunge off, there are a lot of sites. The stuff looks super toxic. I would be leary of vaping anything that says wash hands immediatly if contacts skin...unless it had nicotine in it...and tasted like caramel.

i have been experimenting with an ultrasonic cleaner, using different things to do the cleaning.

vinegar: 2 parts water, 1 part vinegar. does a good job, atty works like 'almost new' after drying

isopropyl alcohol: works good, almost as good as vinegar. be sure to rinse throughly. i made the mistake of letting the alcohol sit for a long time in the cleaner and it got REALLY thick. now i have a permanent haze over my viewing window.

vodka: heard about this on ECF. works ok. i used the cheap stuff.

now im using distilled water: works the best. makes everything super clean. works better if you blow canned air into it from both ends, before and after cleaning. makes your stuff work, and look like new.

How often do I need to clean these atomizers? I didn't realize that you could even clean them. If someone could let me know, I'd appreciate it. IF you clean your atomizers, how long will they keep working? 1 year?

How often do I need to clean these atomizers? I didn't realize that you could even clean them. If someone could let me know, I'd appreciate it. IF you clean your atomizers, how long will they keep working? 1 year?

If you notice a gunky brown build up on your atty coil or notice a reduction in performance i would say its time to clean the bad boy. How long will they last? Im not sure, some of the longest lasting attys ive heard of was 3-4 months. I havent done much digging for the longest lasting atty though. :thumbsup:

Well, I have to admit, I would have never thought of cleaning my atomizers that way. I like it though and as long as it's all safe I think you may have found a new "breakthrough" in atomizer cleaning technology, :D

Would this be the method for ALL atty's? I have a Dragon (M401) & a Sidesho- I got the Dragon in this past Friday (so have vaped w/ it for the last 3 1/2 days- I was going to clean it to change flavors- After a few posts about the taste of last flav interrupting taste of new flav- ... Thought it was a good tip- Is it necessary? I guess maybe only certain flavors?

At any rate, I heard (read) hydrogen peroxide was supposed to work like a charm- As far as blowing the atty out- Can it be done by mouthor canned air only? By mouth can your lips touch the silver portion between the atty "V" piece and the battery threads? Otherwise by mouth how would you do it?

Thx for any help

~Luv

Would this be the method for ALL atty's? I have a Dragon (M401) & a Sidesho- I got the Dragon in this past Friday (so have vaped w/ it for the last 3 1/2 days- I was going to clean it to change flavors- After a few posts about the taste of last flav interrupting taste of new flav- ... Thought it was a good tip- Is it necessary? I guess maybe only certain flavors?

At any rate, I heard (read) hydrogen peroxide was supposed to work like a charm- As far as blowing the atty out- Can it be done by mouthor canned air only? By mouth can your lips touch the silver portion between the atty "V" piece and the battery threads? Otherwise by mouth how would you do it?

Thx for any help

~Luv

For blowing out the attys I just wrap the whole thing in a paper towel and blow through the battery side. This way my lips don't touch the atty directly. I've never used and kind of liquids to clean my attys so I can't help you there.

If you are in state that sells Everclear, it works like a charm for me. Just let it soak anywhere from 5 min. to an hour, blow it out and let it dry for a bit. Has taken off every flavor I have tried with it, also takes crud off the coil on the long soaks.

I wouldn't use canned air, it has chemicals in it that would be very bad for your health! :|

• 1 year later...

Well, I have to admit, I would have never thought of cleaning my atomizers that way. I like it though and as long as it's all safe I think you may have found a new "breakthrough" in atomizer cleaning technology, :D

I was just reading this thread to find out about how to clean atty's and I LOVE THAT QUOTE about the light etc. Who wrote that? I ran into some trouble on another group I am on (not an e-cig thing) and I would have loved to have that in my siggy!

there are brands of canned air that are safe for products used for "human consumption" (if that makes sense)

Seriously? I blew mine out with canned air right before I left work today. I hadn't read this thread and thought I had thought of a great idea. Do you think that it could hurt me? I've been vaping with the atomizer all night, now I'm concerned.

Seriously? I blew mine out with canned air right before I left work today. I hadn't read this thread and thought I had thought of a great idea. Do you think that it could hurt me? I've been vaping with the atomizer all night, now I'm concerned.

LOL - you're replying to a year old thread that was resurrected. I wouldn't be too concerned but there are different kinds of "canned air". Some of them contain a chemical to prevent people from inhaling it. I think if you search for canned air you'll see another discussion.

LOL - you're replying to a year old thread that was resurrected. I wouldn't be too concerned but there are different kinds of "canned air". Some of them contain a chemical to prevent people from inhaling it. I think if you search for canned air you'll see another discussion.

I stopped worrying about it when I woke up not dead yesterday morning. :D