Ego Mega Dual Coil Carto Vs. Smartvapes 1.8Ohm Dripping Atomizer

Guess what two items I got in the mail today?

Despite my negative first reaction to dripping (well, the latest first reaction) I decided to try the dripping atty again. I also ordered some of the MDCCs. Since I've moved to the Ipro as my primary vaper, I've tended towards regular 510 cartos in a J Tank or a Submarine tank. I've been using my LEO again a lot, and miss the big old fatty cartos, so I thought I'd try these again.

First thing I did was try out the dripper on my IPro. Not terrible, but even at low voltage it made the atty, drip shield, and the top of my IPro really, really hot! So I unscrewed it (proved difficult), and moved it to my ego 18650 tube mod. That improved things - the flavor was a bit better, but the vapor production on both was kind of sorry. Plus, the occasional super-hot-juice squirting in my mouth wasn't the best... I had to be way too careful when drawing to keep that from happening. And the sudden fowl taste when the atty runs dry... ugh...

So then I loaded up one of the MDCCs with the same juice, and screwed it onto my Ipro. Uh oh... doesn't screw down. The skirt just wasn't long enough! Then I remembered I bought one of those 510-510 connectors from my last dripping experiment, and it was still there, unopened. Did the trick.

Outstanding. Flavor was a little less than the dripping, but the extra vapor more than made up for it. I tried it on the tube mod, and the results were the same. And the rubber drip tip! Identical to the Boge LEO DCCs! My favorite!

Maybe I am just not made for dripping! Hell, the MDCC was so good I will probably be using a lot less of my Jtanks to boot...

It also occurs to me that I have way too much vaping ****. The fact that I did all of that just when a shipment came in... that I actually had it all on hand? WTF? :lol:

No way I am giving up the 510-510 connector - I need that for the MDCCs to fit on the IPro!

One of the attys might find their way in the Mystery box, though I think it is good to have one on hand, to try out new flavors. We will see in my taste changes in the next couple days.

Question on the dripping - is the atty supposed to get so damned hot? I can only vape for a couple of minutes before the drip tip is too hot to touch my mouth. And that's even on the 3.7 volt device. And the metal drip shield is equally burning.

I really like the EMDCCs. Been using about 2 weeks and still enjoying how easey they are. Just getting into dripping and thinking about getting my 1st mod. Still a newbie and still learning.hehe

I do occasionally have an atty that gets pretty hot when I vape/drip heavily....usually its an old atty. Not sure why you have a new atty that is getting that hot.

I do make sure I let them cool down when I feel them getting hot.

I don't even have the new LR attys at 5v get too hot. warm yes, but not that hot.

How many drops you adding?

Question on the dripping - is the atty supposed to get so damned hot? I can only vape for a couple of minutes before the drip tip is too hot to touch my mouth. And that's even on the 3.7 volt device. And the metal drip shield is equally burning.

I told you to get the 'Universal' ... no more hot drip tip or spitting juice!

But yeah.... those EMDCC's are sweet too huh? I love em.

I love that 1.8 ohm atty! It's one of my 'go to' atomizers as a matter of fact. :yes

All I can say is that it works for me... along with the adapter, a drip shield and the universal tip of course. With those items added to my setup... I literally drop 6-8 drops each time and can vape for a while before needing to repeat. Sorry your results have not been as great as they could have been.

Also, when I first get a new atty, I attach it to my device with the drip shield, etc. I then add 10 drops and let that soak in good for a minute or so. Then I will check to see if there is any juice still inside the atty. If there is not, then I will add 6 and vape like normal... if there is juice then I will vape on it a few times before adding juice. They even note that on the website somewhere... that you must keep the atomizer nice and wet, especially since it's a LR atty.

I don't know if any of this matters at this point because it sounds like you are about done with dripping anyway. LOL.

Edited by DAYVAPE

The only REAL problem I am having is the temperature. The juice in the mouth? If I am careful, I can avoid that. The rest is just dripping, save the heat.

It scared the hell out of me when my IPro heated up like that. Made me feel better when I realized it was just the atty, but hell - I don't even get to add more drops before the drip shield is too hot to touch.

I got some good draws when dripping. Like 1/4 of the time, it was a fantastic vape. Maybe if I do it more, I will figure out if I am doing something wrong to raise that up a bit. I am pretty sure dripping won't become my main method, but I like options. Which is why I am so determined to make this work despite how bad it has been :lol:

you may want to look for a tad higher resistance atty. maybe 2.0ohm or 2.2ohm if you can find one. anything under 2.0ohms is going to heat up QUICK and there's just no avoiding that.

my 1.6ohm atty gets HOT :)

Yeah, you certainly want to let it cool down after you've taken a good 10-12 pulls on it. You will also find that it performs much better after you have let it cool down in between. :yes

And right there lies the problem. :lol:

I am most likely to drip at my desk - where I am working on something. When I am at my desk working on something, I chain vape. Hell, I chain vape most of the time, but there it is particularly bad.

Looks like I need to buy another damned atty. Damn it! :wallbash:

Drip shield completely solves that.... yes. That's what I keep trying to tell people, lol. You should also be using some sort of PG/VG mix... and not just PG. Hell, with a 50/50 blend and a drip shield, I am dripping 6-8 drops at a time in the 'dripping atty'. They certainly work great for me anyway.

Edited by DAYVAPE

• 2 weeks later...

I am a big fan of the emdcc I like dripping but I just dont sit around enough to do it and I dont like to carry juice in my pocket.

I almost always use eGo T or eGo c tanks if not useing the emdcc.