Just Ordered My New Eversmoke Kit. Going To Try To Quit Analogs

afishy1

Hello everyone,

I just found your forum and I think it is great. Thanks for having something like this for all of us trying to quit regular cigs.

Just ordered the eversmoke kit and am going to try using this to quit analogs. Any advise for the new guy about e-cigs would be helpful. I have been a pack a day smoker for over 20 years and really need to quit.

I have tried cold turkey several times but have always went back due to stress, cravings, etc....

I have ordered the lite version of nicotene as I smoked lite cigarrettes. I hope this was a good choice. My kit is supposed to be here Tuesday and I will embark on this new way of trying to beat analogs.

I will keep you guys/gals updated with my progress.

Once again, thanks for this forum and a place to talk about it.

Fish

welcome to the forum!

i checked out the eversmoke website, to me they simply look like a rebranded kr808d1 battery style ecig. they look fine but they do look pretty overpriced at $30 a battery. i would highly recommend looking in to something else. i only say this as a good well known vendor will provide you with the same or better product for less. unfortunately there's a lot of rip off vendors out there that mark their products up A LOT.

that being said anything that gets you off analogs is good with me, but you can save a lot of money if you look in to something else. i'm going to put out a few links to some very reputable vendors that i think sell quality products that are user friendly. you can browse through them and see what ya think. i'm not saying you should run out and buy another kit, i just think that you can save a lot of money by at some point switching vendors.

http://www.ecigarsenal.com/

^^that vendor sells the boge leo exclusively. one of my favorite pv's to use, very simple, user friendly and cheap as hell. lol

http://www.smoktek.com/

^^those guys sell a variety of ecigs, they carry the eGo which is probly one of the most popular ecigs out there. again, very user friendly and cheaper than what your'e currently using.

http://www.vapor4life.com/home.php

^^those guys sell "cigstyle" pv's which i know (from first hand experience) that a lot of people want their pv's to look like real cigs. in my personal opinion, v4l sells the most quality cigstyle pv's. they're a bit overpriced but if you sign up for their mailing list they're constantly running sales, in fact today they're running a 40% off sale so it brings everything down to a much more reasonable price.

anyway, enough of all that, welcome to the forum. i suggest doing a lot of reading on here as there's a lot of good information here. but don't be afraid to ask questions!

Welcome to the forum, Fish! Just want to say that the people here on the forum are just amazing. They will really steer you the right way. I also wanted to say that lite cigarettes doesn't mean light nicotine, it means light tar. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I've only been doing this for a couple of months and I did the same as you, ordered light nicotine. So, you may experience some withdrawals or feel like you are using too many cartridges/filters. Don't give up! Since then, I have bought e-liquid with a higher nicotine content. You may want to look into that, as well as the longer lasting batteries. I was a pack a day smoker, too, and should probably have started out at 24 mg, but ordered the 6 mg, instead. Let us know how you're doing.

Thanks for all the replies already.

Yes, I wish I would have found this site before ordering. Sounds like I may have ordered the wrong brand?

I am still going to give it a try. I realize I may have to up the nicotene. I am a real noob when it comes to e-cigs.

I will keep reading all the posts here pertaining to starting out with e-cigs.

Thanks everyone.

Fish

Thanks for all the replies already.

Yes, I wish I would have found this site before ordering. Sounds like I may have ordered the wrong brand?

I am still going to give it a try. I realize I may have to up the nicotene. I am a real noob when it comes to e-cigs.

I will keep reading all the posts here pertaining to starting out with e-cigs.

Thanks everyone.

Fish

ps.... I ordered the 12mg nicotene strengh

i wouldn't say that you ordered the "wrong brand", just an overpriced one.

don't sweat it, it happens to almost all of us, it's how we all generally found ecigs. the good thing about those overpriced ones is they get your foot in the door.

the hardware itself doesn't look half bad, they're just overpriced. and like most overpriced ecig vendors it looks like they're trying to tell you that their prefilled cartomizers are the equivalent of a pack of cigarettes (which first off isn't true), and second they'll probly try to get you to just buy the prefilled ones only and throw them out when they start to taste bad.

cartomizers are made to be refilled. you can buy your own ecig juice and refill them and that way your'e not going through 1 or 2 or 3 prefilled carto's a day which can get just as expensive as smoking, if not more so.

just some things to think about, like i said read around you'll learn a lot and don't be afraid to ask questions along the way. :)

the 12mg may be fine, but if you have to bump up to the 18mg don't be surprised. alot of us have to start high not only to avoid certain withdrawals but to get satisfaction from vaping. the amount of nicotine in your nic juice directly affects what type of throat hit you get.

more nicotine=more throat hit

less nicotine=less throat hit

Edited by blucavvy

Fish, did you order the kit with two batteries or just one.

I ordered the kit with two. one high capacity lithium and one mini lithium.

And yes, I believed their add that said one cartridge equals 1 pack. I wonder If I can refill my own with this brand?

Edited by afishy1

Don't feel bad, I believed it too when I ordered my first setup. And, yes, you can most definitely refill those cartridges. I still fill the original ones that I received from my kit, and they still work great. I encourage you to plan ahead, because e-liquid needs time to steep when you get them (a few days). Start high (around 24 mg for a pack a day). The people here will steer you in the right direction as to which e-juice most closely would fill your needs according to which brand you smoked. It's not going to be the same (in a very short time, it may well be better if you listen to the people here). Remember, nicotine in and of itself is not necessarily bad for you (it has great medicinal qualities), it's the other 4000 carcinogens and other addictives in cigarettes that are bad.

Don't feel bad, I believed it too when I ordered my first setup. And, yes, you can most definitely refill those cartridges. I still fill the original ones that I received from my kit, and they still work great. I encourage you to plan ahead, because e-liquid needs time to steep when you get them (a few days). Start high (around 24 mg for a pack a day). The people here will steer you in the right direction as to which e-juice most closely would fill your needs according to which brand you smoked. It's not going to be the same (in a very short time, it may well be better if you listen to the people here). Remember, nicotine in and of itself is not necessarily bad for you (it has great medicinal qualities), it's the other 4000 carcinogens and other addictives in cigarettes that are bad.

Thanks for your help.

I just got off the patio smoking another Marlboro light. I am so tired of this. My new kit is supposed to be here Tuesday. I hope this works!

Just throwing this out there.

They offer a 30 day money back garuntee on all products except cartomizers(don't know if that applied. To ones purchased with the starter kit).

I know this sounds crappy but if you would like you could always return the kind and we could help point you in the direction of something that will not only work better but be reasonably priced as well. Having to spend a few more days on the stinkies sucks but in the end you will save more money and have a more satisfying vaping experience.

Also don't be discouraged. I spent $200+ on a starter kit similiar to this one my first time lol. I ordered a $60 starter kit a week later and it performed a whole lot better.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

I completely agree. When you quit, you want to be able to rely on your e-cigarette. You never want to constantly wait for your battery to charge or wish it lasted longer. Stressful times. I used my first setup. found it lacking for a pack a day smoker, ordered something better, and sent it back! I had to go back on analogs until it came in. And, then I had to order e-liquid and there's so much of that out there, I didn't know how to choose. I literally spent hundreds of dollars flying blind. No fun.

Vaping should be a fun and exciting experience. You're getting off of analogs and you're starting a new adventure. It's good to have a map.

My first experience with eversmoke has not been a good one. I do love the cherry crush and at day 17 without a real cig I now crave the electric cig but not a real one anymore. I started with a 12 ml on my first kit. I am now trying a new vendor. It seems to be an awful expense to find the right vendor. I am taking my nicotine level way down on my next starter kit.

my first e cig was a 51 trio wish I knew better then. anyone who smokes a pack a day should be using a 650 mah batt or higher. imo. the higher mah reading the longer they last. you have 180 mah batts most likely. prolly last a hour and a half of use and 2 hour charge time. look into a e power for hoosier. http://www.hoosierecigsupply.com/

good quality and he will work wit ya. they also have ego, kgo, roughstack, cartos, attys etc. prices are pretty good as well. my thoughts dont even open that one you ordered just return it. youll be happier in the end. a full epower 14650 set up starter kit, it 43 bucks. and a battery last all day.

Update:

After 2 days of having my ecig I wanted to give you all an update.

The first drag I took off of it I hated. I wondered if I had made a big mistake. I decided to keep trying it and I am liking it more.

I am still on the same cartridge and same battery. I had a full pack of Marlboro lights left over when the ecig came in on Tuesday afternoon. I must say that I still smoked about half a pack of analogs on tuesday but suplemented with the ecig. Today, I have only had 5 analogs instead of my normal 20. Tomorrow, I am hoping to not have any analogs and be vaping only.

I have a charged extra battery with a car charger and home charger.

I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Wish me luck.

Thanks again for this forum.

Fish

Good luck buddy, you can do it! Just remember it's a process, if you have a stinky occasionally it's not the end of the world. Just stick with the vaping and you'll enjoy it more and more!

Good advice...newbi myself as of two plus months and off stinkies.

I started on the Mistic e-cig...read a lot in forums...and graduated to a 3.7v box mod I am making from MadVapes.

Cost about $35 with shipping. Can't beat this price.

http://www.madvapes.com/510-Box-Mod-Kit_p_2608.html

It is true, pay me now or later. Go for quality...or you will pay more for *** and tat items that add up quickly when

you should spend $ on JUICE!

PM people for ideas.

A lot of us started the same way. We wanted to get off analogs for a variety of reasons. I started with the V2 cig style battery.I found this forum as a result of getting my feet wet by just starting vaping.Wish I could have avoided buying that perticular kit, but I would have spent that and more on the real cigs.Still analog free and it's going on week 7. Welcome aboard,members here are great and you will get all the help you need.

Hey Folks! New here! I have been using the Eversmoke brand ecig and realized the cartridges do not last as long as I would like! This lead me to wonder if there are refillable cartridge options for this ecig! Figured if anyone would know, someone on this forum would! Thanks

is the end of the cartomizer that you have a soft rubber part? if it is, take a paper clip and pry it off of the end of the casing through that hole. (be careful not to shove that paperclip way down the hole!)