Noob Alert

Dogbreath

Noob Alert!

Been smoking an average of 40 to 60 ready made cigarettes for the best (Worst?) part of fourty years now and I am the most addicted person I know!

Got a mention of E-cigs from a friend in London so I thought "What the hell" and decided to try a basic kit. Funds are as tight as a totally tight thing so I can't afford to spend much until I am confident it works.

Bought a basic 510 with 2 battreries and a small bottle of Juice online on the Thursday early hours, about 2am. It had arrived this morning by 11am so thatls to Vapeescape in Heywood, Lancashire for the speed and helpful advice when I called on the phone later.

DAY 1:- I am really impressed and filled with hope that this might be a good way to try and beat the Black demon that is the cigarette and it's lovely chemical!

Glad I found this place. I understand that most of you here live over in Her Majesties Colonnies :evil: but I hear you're looking ater it for the most part.

To quote old Schweaty Knackers "I'll be back" :yes

lol! Her Majesty's colonies, eh? Funny. I think it took about 4 years to settle that bit of a row.

But, we rebellious ex-subjects are a friendly bunch.

So, 40 to 60 a day. I've heard worse, no worries. I know how anxious quitting can be, and you'll receive a lot of guidance and support here. I encourage you to just ask questions. There's a lot to know, and I'm still trying to work it all out myself. Congratulations on taking that first step!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome,it has worked for a lot of us.You have to want to and then you have to accept that vaping is not burning leaves but you are getting the nic and can blow vapor rings if you want to.

lol. Understood every word mate. Welcome to the world of vaping :)

I've only been at it for 1 month myself, and loving it.

There is a whole load of new stuff to learn, and it can be quite confusing at first, just google everything, there is tons of info out there, youtube is also a great help.

Personally I needed something with a bit (a lot) better battery life than the cigarette type ones, so I started out with an "Ego" type one, with a usb pass through, so it can be powered buy the computer, and used at the same time. I also got another Ego, this one had variable voltage,

If you are / were a 40 to 60 a day smoker, then even one (probably even two) of those wont last you a day if you are away from a power source.

I also wanted something with a bit more kick, as I found myself sucking the life out of the Ego ones I had, so I got myself a "lavatube". It's pretty big, but I'm not really bothered about that. Battery lasts me a whole day (it came with 2 and a charger), can go up to 6v (it's actually a bit lower than that, but more than enough power for me) Compaired to the price of similar featured ones, it's a good deal if you can get the full kit for around £40. And a much better device than an ego, if they are not meeting your needs.

I'd also recommend trying out some Redbull flavoured juice, lovely stuff.

Hope I haven't confused you too much lol. Like I said, google and youtube will see you right ;)

Welcome !!!

I spent most of my 1st year vaping on forums mostly composed of vapers from your side of the pond. One think I have found....vaping has created its own small world.

If you run into questions, ask away. Very glad you have given vaping a try.

I was a die hard smoker....I had quit quitting, that is until I found vaping. That was over well over 2 years ago.

as you move along your vaping journey, you will find bigger and better batteries, but I will always have a fondness for my 510's (sitting in a box for about 2 years).

Glad you have found us !!!

Welcome to VT, I still use my 510 for trying new flavors dripping into an atty ;) I would suggest a eGo passthrough there cheap and if you find you like the battery life than you can look into a larger battery. Congratz on taking up vaping, believe me its a much healther choice :cheers: