How Do I Turn 18Mg Into 24Mg

greetings diy'ers,

the time has come that 18mg is no longer enough, i have to take 15 second drags to get anything, the problem is that i've got a bunch of 18mg juice that i still want to use, i was on sweet-vapes and notice the nicotine in the diy section and figured i could just get some of that and make my liquid stronger by adding some of that.... i did some research, came accross a few calculators that were clearly designed for mathematicians and are way over my head. is there a simple formula ? or do i need to take a math and chemistry class?

e-liquid is rated at mg per ml, or mg/ml. So for example lets say a 10ml bottle of 18mg would contain 180mg nicotine.

10ml bottle of 24mg would contain 240mg nicotine.

example:

if you add 1ml of 50mg nicotine to your 10ml of 18mg you would get-

10mlx18mg=180 total (original)

1mlx50mg=50 total (added)

= 11ml volume, 230mg total (new)

= 230/11 = ~21mg (per ml), so your new bottle would be 21mg

[(10*18)+(1*50)] / [(10+1)] = 24

The formula youd use to figure out how much nicotine you have to add to your bottle to get 24mg would be:

[(Current ml + 18mg) / (X+Y)] / [(Current ml + X)] = 24mg

where Y = Nicotine level of the juice you're adding

and X = Amount in ml you need to add

so all you have to do is plug in Y, and solve for X.

I think that should be the math behind it, correct me if im wrong. People who do their own liquid probably have an easier way of doing it.

Edited by twelveday

Adding unflavored nicotine to pre-maid juice will dilute the flavor some and is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. You're better off buying 24mg of the same flavors that you like and you can mix them with the 18mg safely. If you were to mix equal amounts of 24mg and 18mg you would get 21mg. No matter how you mix them you would not get more than 24mg and the flavor strength won't change.

Before you decide to go up on the nic have you tried a new atty or carto lately? Sometimes that's all you need to get that TH and/or Vapor that doesn't seem to be enough anymore. After all, most vapers tend to drop thier nic level, not raise it.

well, i started with 8mg, went to 12mg, then that wasn't enough so i went to 18mg, now 18 mg isn't hitting the spot anymore, even in a brand new cartomizer (dual coil 1.5 ohm) on a fresh battery, i've accepted that i'll eventually have to go with vv so i can turn it up when it's not enough, unfortunately i can't afford a provari, the mpv by artisan vapor isn't out yet, and i've heard nothing good about the lava tube with dual-coil cartomizers (plus it's plasticy and chinese).

I know it's not a bad device, i have a joyetech ego 18650, an e-power ego 18650, and a viper vv passthrough (only goes to 4.2v), the only one i can use is the joyetech 18650 because there's no cut-off, and it takes a 15-second drag to get the job done, the pass-through and the e-power cut off too early and i don't get enough throat hit.

I've already ordered some 24mg juice, but i have 2 full bottles of 18mg, and it's sweet-vapes juice so that's $40 i'd hate to not use. i guess i could let it sit there until i get a vv device, but that could be a long time, adding some nic juice just seemed like a logical fix

I searched for online calculators that would show results when mixing two or more juices with different properties and it spits out what you get in the end. I played with it for a while to see if Kistune is right and it says that she's close. The answer I got was 24.75. I got an answer of 24 when I added 10ml of 18mg and 5 ml of 36mg. I got an answer of 26 when it was 10ml of 18mg and 8ml of 36mg.

I'll post the calculator I used when I find it again.

Being a nurse we have to calculate some odd dosages.....

Other than that, my math skills suck. Looking at twelvedays calculation almost gave me a panic attack (high school/college math flashback)

• 6 months later...