Lava Tube/18650 Battery Life

I have had my lava tube for about 2 weeks now and I am a little disapointed in the battery life. 5 hours of heavy vaping is about the max I am seeing out of this. I get more battery out of my 650mah ego even with an ego booster set to 4.7 volts. The battery is an AW 18650 high drain. Any thoughts.

I use the mini, with the 18350 battery and have had about 4 hours of heavy vaping at about 4.5Volts (would expect 2X out of the 18650). Maybe try a panasonic battery? I understand they perform a bit better than the AW's, and can take more charging cycles total. Are you using the 1600 mah or the newer 2000mah battery? They recently improved their 18650's to 2000mah in the same size. I understand they are no longer producing the 1600 mah.

I have had my lava tube for about 2 weeks now and I am a little disapointed in the battery life. 5 hours of heavy vaping is about the max I am seeing out of this. I get more battery out of my 650mah ego even with an ego booster set to 4.7 volts. The battery is an AW 18650 high drain. Any thoughts.

I use the 18650 in a Provari. Do you have backups? It tends to last all day, but I only have mine set to 3.8 or so. Anything higher than that makes the juice not taste so well.

I get all day vaping joy from my VariTube (same as the LavaTube) using the 18650 battery. It mostly lasts me 2 days vaping at 4.2 volts with a 3.0 ohm atty.

Press on/off button 7 times to check battery level. 4.1v full battery life. 3.3 volts low battery. Anything below 3.3 volts is low and needs to be recharged. At a full charge you should be seeing 4.1 volts.

What does the battery read when you first put it in?

I'm seeing the EXACT same thing... I actually posted about it yesturday.. I said... "uh.. oh... I'm starting to dislike my lava tube... First off, I think I may have a bad battery (not the lava tube's fault)... Battery life SUX. Its a 2200 mah. My ego is a 900mah. So in theory, if I vape my lavatube at 3.7v at all times, the battery should last twice as long... Well nope.. Its only lasting HALF as long as my ego battery."

I'm only getting a half a day out of my batt. I was thinking I got a bad batt. I order my LT from apollo Monday.. Got it in the mail on Thursday. Did you get yours from Apollo? Maybe thier kits have a batch of bad batts?

Yes, at full charge I see 4.1 volts, however it drops to 3.8v within the first 30 minutes of vaping.. AS of now, I'm not vaping above 4.0 volts at all.

It takes my LT battery a little over 6 hours to recharge when its dead. Is that a normal recharge time?

It takes my LT battery a little over 6 hours to recharge when its dead. Is that a normal recharge time?

The first time I charged my battery, it took about 7 hours. But, it only takes a few hours now, if that.

Edited by Breal

I got my lava tube from volcano. I guess I have not been letting it drain as far as I could and have been rotating in a new battery at 3.7 volts. It feels like it is droping in power at that point and thought it was about to die. So, 4.1 volts to 3.7 volts in 5 hours of heavy vaping. That would put me at about 10 hours if I let it go all the way down to to 3.3 but like I said before after 3.7 volts it does not seam to kick as hard. I will let it go for a full drain and report back.

I got my lava tube from volcano. I guess I have not been letting it drain as far as I could and have been rotating in a new battery at 3.7 volts. It feels like it is droping in power at that point and thought it was about to die. So, 4.1 volts to 3.7 volts in 5 hours of heavy vaping. That would put me at about 10 hours if I let it go all the way down to to 3.3 but like I said before after 3.7 volts it does not seam to kick as hard. I will let it go for a full drain and report back.

Yea, thats another thing I don't like about the LT. It says on the website... 'When the voltage drops on the batery, the voltage will not drop on the vaping"..... wrong. With a freshly charged LT battery at 4.1 volts, I vape my 1.7 ohm at 4.1 volts max, and my 2.5 ohm at 4.9 volts max (which is on the low side.. it should go to 6 volts... agian another gripe about the LT..) But when the batt drops down to 3.5 volts, my 1.7 ohm vapes at 3.5v max, and 2.5 ohm at 4.4 volts max.... really the vaping experience on the LT sux when the volts on the batt drop below 3.8/3.7, and for me my battery only stays above 3.7 for like an hour maybe.. I am so not happy with it... I kinda hope mine is deffective, and replacing it will fix my issues.. unless other people are seeing the same thing.

• 7 months later...

I realise this is an old thread, but it would have been useful for me to have found an answer to this problem here rather than having to discover the problem and solution for myself the hard.... and the expensive way!

I had the same experience of phonomenally poor battery life in my Lavatube.

It wasn't the fault of the device. It wasn't the fault of the batteries, though I had stocked up on having 5 of them, because I mistakenly thought I would need them to run the device based on the poor life I was getting from them.

Lavatubes are being supplied with 2 types of charger. A Trust Fire one and a nameless, black, single bay one. I now have a Trust Fire charger and it works great.

If you got the unbranded charger with your Lavatube, dump it and replace it. It's a total piece of sh*t.

I'm now delighted with the battery life of my Lavatube, and need nothing close to 5 batteries. Charger was to blame.