Vg Vs. Pg Throat Hit...a Battle To The Death!

Not really but I like epic thread titles :p

So which do you prefer? IMO PG liquids seem to give me a throat hit like I just inhaled some pepper spray. Really strong and punches the back of the throat. VG liquids give me more of a lungy throat hit. Not as prominent on the inhale but a more full bodied in and out throat hit. What I mean is its not sharp, you can feel the heavy vapor in the lungs, and exhaling gives a much less harsh back of the throat th.

I am not usuing the words harsh or anything like that to knock a PG throat hit. I do like the initial kick on the inhale but overall I prefer the smoother more well rounded throat hit of a solid VG liquid.

This is all my opinion and throat hit depends on a lot more than PG or vg but to me both liquids have 2 completely different kinds of throat hit.

Which do you prefer and why?

Blue OG Buzz/Silver Vein Alpha/Green and Black Reo Mini FTW

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

PG has more of a th for me, VG seems to put out thicker vapor and flavor though. 6 of one half dozen of the other i suppose. That being said i prefer having the th as i'm somewhat of a nic junkie :popo:

PG has more of a th for me, VG seems to put out thicker vapor and flavor though. 6 of one half dozen of the other i suppose. That being said i prefer having the th as i'm somewhat of a nic junkie

I'm going to release a mod that feeds vapor directly into the lungs. It will require a minor surgery but all you have to so is breathe to activate it. It will be called the lungonatoraladonv3TS®

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

OK Bob....Time for bed for you !!! at least before you begin experimenting with anything living for your new procedure.... :sofa:

I am mostly PG with a splash of VG. I really do like the PG throat hit, but, more important for me is flavor, and PG holds the flavor better than VG.

Are you drinking again?

I had a few beers during the pens game...its more the fact that I have been awake since 11 AM 2 days ago. I've been having problems sleeping. A lot of really bad stuff happened to me over a short period of time and I've been depressed/having trouble sleeping. Boo hoo for me...I'll get over it eventually :p

To tell you the truth I could use a lot more beers than I actually consumed tonight. Brb...

OK to get back in topic, I like pg for many reason. If ya read my experiment on runny noses thats one reason, also the th i alot better and warmer. vg gives almot like im vaping a cool mist vaporizor, plus vg make me cough alot.

OK Bob....Time for bed for you !!! at least before you begin experimenting with anything living for your new procedure.... :sofa:

I am mostly PG with a splash of VG. I really do like the PG throat hit, but, more important for me is flavor, and PG holds the flavor better than VG.

I am the same mostly PG with a little VG for vapor. My allergys act up when it is 50/50

Depends how I'm vaping...

Cartos: I like the juice heavier on the PG side. (around 80/20)

Dripping: I prefer the thicker/VG based juices so it doesn't just run right through. (typically 50/50)

I prefer PG over VG... but in some cases I just need that extra thickness of VG... even though I don't like that it mutes the flavor and throat hit of my juices.

Edited by DAYVAPE

If you think you can't get a good throat hit off of VG then you should try Alien Visions 555. This stuff is thick as syrup and at 12mg it gives the best hit of anything that I have tried. It is also one of my go to all day vapes as well.

Edited by highcountryvapor

If you think you can't get a good throat hit off of VG then you should try Alien Visions 555. This stuff is thick as syrup and at 12mg it gives the best hit of anything that I have tried. It is also one of my go to all day vapes as well.

Alien visions has a great that for 100%vg. Another good company with all vg juice and a great throat hit is the vapor room.

P.s. I just woke up. 15 hours of sleep does the body good :)

well for me... and I use carots, its 80pg/20vg... a nice good mix. however, I tihnk my wife is alergic to PG. shes get a huge headache if she vapes PG. So shes does (..when she does... lol she doesn't vape tha much...yet....) she uses 100% VG, thinned with 5% water)

well for me... and I use carots, its 80pg/20vg... a nice good mix. however, I tihnk my wife is alergic to PG. shes get a huge headache if she vapes PG. So shes does (..when she does... lol she doesn't vape tha much...yet....) she uses 100% VG, thinned with 5% water)

PG in to high doses gives me a terrible headache. I can do 70/30 if I'm not chain vaping but anything lower than that and it's headache city.

This thread isn't about whether you use PG or vg though...it's about which throat hit you prefer and why :)

Maybe a dumb thread but cut me some slack...I was really tired last night when I made it lol

To me

PG = more pronounced throat hit on the inhale. You feel it more in the back of your throat and its scratchier

VG = not as powerful but a better all around throat hit. You don't get that punch but you can feel it in your lungs and feel it on the exhale.

Throat hit also has a lot to do with nicotine content but if you buy the same juice, same nice content, but get one all PG and one all VG you will get two very different types of throat hit. Once again this is all my opinion.

lol... with all the rambling, I didn;t even get the jist of the thread... haha... ok I see now.... yes I agree with you.. THe VG hit is more fufilling and full bodied 'inside your lungs'... and now that I tihnk about it more, I like that hit better.... with the 2mg nic I vape now, I don't get much of the back of the throat hit anyways, and prefer the 'lung' hit...so I might just go to a more of a VG base solution.. maybe a 50/50....

lol... with all the rambling, I didn;t even get the jist of the thread... haha... ok I see now.... yes I agree with you.. THe VG hit is more fufilling and full bodied 'inside your lungs'... and now that I tihnk about it more, I like that hit better.... with the 2mg nic I vape now, I don't get much of the back of the throat hit anyways, and prefer the 'lung' hit...so I might just go to a more of a VG base solution.. maybe a 50/50....

Its OK lol. I was doing quite a bit of rambling last night.