5V Mod With...

Most say the target wattage for vaping is roughly 10 watts. Much higher than that and you may begin to cook the juice and not get very good flavor. So using a 5V mod you would not want to use a low res atty/carto. Stick to attys/cartos with an ohm rating above 2 for vaping at 5V and above.

E = Volts

I = Current (Amperes)

R = Resistance

W= Watts

en_ohm.jpg

Edited by jeffb

GRRRRRRR... I feel really stupid, I don't understand ohms law. or is say how to figure out your wattage. This would be a good thing to know since I like to build mods. Whats the formula to calculate watts, ohms in a easy to read 4th grade level lol.sorry its 6 am and i completely am blanking math class.

The above pic is a great cheat sheet. You need to know two at least 2 of the values to finish the calculation. So, if you know your ohms and voltage, you can calculate your wattage. I have a 5V box, if my cartomizer is 2 ohms, then I would take 5V squared is 25 divided by 2ohms is 12.5 watts. The chart above just gives you 3 different ways to figure out the calculation, depending on what values you know. I'm pretty sure I remembered this right.

GRRRRRRR... I feel really stupid, I don't understand ohms law. or is say how to figure out your wattage. This would be a good thing to know since I like to build mods. Whats the formula to calculate watts, ohms in a easy to read 4th grade level lol.sorry its 6 am and i completely am blanking math class.

Here's a chart. :)

Atty Wats1.pdf

now for my next one. more wattage is more heat correct. so in theory im not looking just guessing. on a 5v mod you would want a higher ohm so you dont get a burnt taste.

now for my next one. more wattage is more heat correct. so in theory im not looking just guessing. on a 5v mod you would want a higher ohm so you dont get a burnt taste.

You are correct :)