Does Vaping While Sick Suck As Much As Smoking?

slowtrain

The other day I felt like I may be getting sick. I felt better the next day but it got me thinking about how I would feel about vaping with a cold or flu.. In the past a cold never stopped me from smoking. usually every inhale made my thoat hurt and I coughed though it.. then after I would feel even more sick for about half an hour. It would also make my cough last two weeks to a month longer than the rest of my symptoms.

Has vaping while sick had similar effects on anyone? I imagine the flavors won't taste the same but does it do a number on your lungs and throat as well? Just something I've been curious about.

(insert vicks vapor rub joke here)

No it isnt as bad as smoking at all even while your sick. When I was sick a while back I still vaped and everything was fine. When I used to smoke analogs and I had a cold they made me feel even worse. Idk I just dont miss them things at all. Not one bit.

It depends on your illness. I get fewer colds and flus now than in my pre-vape years. I used to get those flues all the time where I couldn't inhale and it would drive me nuts. So far, since I've started vaping almost 2 years ago, I've only had 2 flues, and only 1 of those flues was difficult to vape my regular nic mg, but when I cut the nic back, I was good to go even with that flu.

Your mileage may vary

A couple of days ago I was sick and was vaping pg liquid, i noticed it tend to hurt my throat more and feel like little needles but it doesnt give me that gag reflex I used to get when i smoked. I think smoking vg while sick feels a bit better, it doesnt hurt the throat as much for me at least when im sick.

Edited by twelveday

A couple of days ago I was sick and was vaping pg liquid, i noticed it tend to hurt my throat more and feel like little needles but it doesnt give me that gag reflex I used to get when i smoked. I think smoking vg while sick feels a bit better, it doesnt hurt the throat as much for me at least when im sick.

This is probably true... since PG tends to add more 'kick' to juices, one would probably be better off with VG based mixes while sick I would imagine. VG is definitely much 'softer' than PG ... and would be a bit easier on the throat, etc. :yes

Edited by DAYVAPE