First Experience Was Overhyped?

Bistik

Hello all!

This is more of a testimonial and my personal experience of vaping, it might get kind of long, so if you're not interested, just skip over. my feelings won't be hurt haha ;) .

I started smoking cigarettes when i joined the marine corp, it has definitely got me through some tough times, kept me up when i need to, relieve stress and tension that was a common thing. it was the most amazing vice i ever encountered. and when i left the brotherhood, i took away with me great memories, experience, and of course... my vice. Back to civilian life, smoking has become more of a daily habit and routine for me, i was surrounded my friends, who all smoke cigarettes. and after some time i met my fiance, who was against anything tobacco related, for the longest time i find myself hiding the fact that i was still a habitual smoker from her. she knew i smoke, but not on a daily basis, she thought it was only here and there during special occassion when i get to see my childhood friends. the fact that we live an hour away and only see each other twice a week definitely help me kept it a secret from her.

After some time, i contemplated about quitting, i was bouncing back and forth, and i finally came to the conclusion to try a vaporizer. So i went off to my local tobacco shop and got myself one of them neat things, and that was the biggest waste of $12! the vapor was soo pathetic and the flavor was horrendous! and i kept thinking to myself "i could've bought 2 packs of cigarette with that..." so months past, i still smoked my cigarettes, alternating between marlboro 27's and lights. and then a week and a half ago during my break, i went outside as usual to light one up, how typical! as i was smoking, a maintenance man stood near me and pulled out this tiny black device where he took one long drag, followed by billowing clouds of smoke, or so it seemed. i thought to myself "that's definitely not a cigarette, what the heck is that?" so i went up to the man and asked him if it was "one of the nifty electronic cigarette" and of course he confirmed that it was. and he was even friendly enough to show me his device and how it works, and then after our brief conversation he pulled out a card from his wallet. guess what? it was a vapor talk business card! and he said to me "here, you can go check it out if you're interested, that's where i got mine." and as i was taking the card from him, i could've sworn i heard one of those cliched halelujah choir along with the clouds parting and the sun shining in my head.

When i got home i went to the site and looked around, watched a view videos and reviews and decided to sleep on it before i act. 2 days later i made up my mind and and loaded up a cart on the 8th of december and then it was shipped on the 9th. During the 3 days shipping time i found myself watching more and more e-cigs video from the site, and ended up hyping myself up. every so often i would check my front door for a package, tracked my package on the usps site. then third day came it was yesterday, december 13th, and i was getting very impatient and was cursing out the mailman in my head for not having delivered my package. 5 pm rolled over and he finally came, as soon as i received it, i tore open the whole thing and started charging the battery. not even confirming the contents of the package. after the battery was fully charged, i decided to dig through the packaging to find the 2 juices that i had ordered, midnight and cappuccino. and then... DUN DUN DUN, i only received cappuccino and no midnight, disappointed i decided to shoot vaportalkstore an email regarding my order. long story short, it was resolved.

Now back to my first experience, i dripped my cappuccino into my brand spankin' new vaporizer and took a long draw just as those video that i had watched instructed me to. And then BOOM! i never had a throat hit like that since i tried lucky strikes! maybe its just because i've been a pansy and switched to lights, i don't know. the vapor was awesome, but the flavor... it definitely did not make me go "WOW". today while i was at work, i found myself showing my PV to all my co-workers in an excited kind of way. unfortunately the company "does not allow the use of any electronice cigarette in the building", so i was still stuck vaping outside on my break. now here i am, off work, writing my first post on the forum that lead me to my life saver. literally and figuratively, my fiance would run me over with a car if she found out i smoked like a chimney the whole time i'm with her. unfortunately i have been rationing my use of the juice in order to last me until i load up another cart, when will that be? who knows? maybe when the juices are stocked *hint hint*. until then, i will try to make this one last so i don't come back to smoking cigarettes again, i mean... AHEM let me use the correct terminology here, analogs. with that being said, it is 4:33 PM here, and in 2 hours, i will have gone a full 24 hours without analogs, YAY! :thumbup: . yep that's right!

Now while for me, it will never replace the real thing, it is definitely a great alternative! a whole lot healthier, that's a fact. a wide range of flavors, a big plus! while i wasn't 100% satisfied with the flavor of my first juice, it definitely beats the hell out of what i have to go through to smoke analogs. i don't have to have frozen fingers again from having my car window rolled down from smoking analogs, freezing my butt off in the cold trying to get a few puffs in and such. such a perfect time to invest in a PV, wouldn't you agree?

Now if only i can find a flavor that suits me, maybe sweet dawn or dulcis, they sure sounds good to me. And perhaps in the future i will try to replicate a flavor that i smoked in a hookah once called bluemist. some blueberry juice mixed with menthol? that might work! until then, i will sit here and try to figure out a way to come clean to my lady about those analogs i was smoking while i'm with her and how i am now tobacco free because vaporizer has helped me a ton, without her beating me upside the head of course. maybe i will try to convert my smoking friends into trying a PV, haha!

Welcome to the forum. :) Congrats on making the switch. Finding the right juice for you is part of the fun ( I find) with vaping. You may go through a few duds before you get the one you love, ( kinda like dating :D )

Welcome to Vapor Talk Bistik!!! Where are you in Va? I'm in Springfield and if you're close by I can get you some of the flavors you want to try. Congratulations on switching to vaping. If you have any questions, Just ask. There are alot of very helpful people here.

@viper ron: i went for the ego joye starter kit since there's deal going on right now at the store, but i've been contemplating about getting the passthrough with a LR atty for use during my usual stint on the computer desk. what's your input?

@jeffb: yep definitely, hopefully it won't take as long to find the right juice as it did for me to find the right one to propose to, haha :lol:

@mark: thanks! everybody is pretty friendly and inviting here haha. wow, you live real close to me! i'm in alexandria, but not old town though since that's the first thing people think of when i say alexandria lol. I'm in the mount vernon/ft. belvoir area. sooo... you're the one responsible for the shortage of juice then? haha jk. but in all seriousness, that would be helpful since i've searched high and low in this area and there's no actual juice vendor or store that i can just drive to since i despise paying for shipping fee haha. maybe i haven't looked hard enough?

it definitely beats the hell out of what i have to go through to smoke analogs. i don't have to have frozen fingers again from having my car window rolled down from smoking analogs, freezing my butt off in the cold trying to get a few puffs in and such.

haha i know that feeling, i especially hated it when it rained.

Congratulations, Bistik! I'm still a noobie (12 weeks on Saturday) & I'm so happy I switched! I LOVE it! Like jeffb said, I'm having the best time trying out all the flavors I can! There is so much great information here & the people are so friendly & helpful! Good luck & keep vaping!

welcome and congrats! I'm new too (6 weeks) and I've been ordering a ton of different juice flavors in 5ml trial sizes from www.madvapes.com in their top vapor section. they come to like $2.19 each! they are in NC and their shipping is a flat $2.99 i believe.. their are tons of juice vendors but this is the cheapest way that i have found so far

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome! it's been 3 days and i'm feeling pretty great, was looking forward for someone to ask me if i wanted to smoke with them so i can finally say no this past few days haha. as far as trying new flavors, i have been checking out madvapes.com as slowtrain recommended and they have a very large selection of juices! is there any other reputable vendors that anybody knows? i'm a very paranoid person, and ever since i read an article about how fda found traces of poison in a chinese juice or was it vaporizer? i can't remember, anyways... but yea, i've been pretty skeptical about those sites that my google search has been spitting out. so if anyone has any input and their experience with different sites, i would be very appreciative!