Totally New, Havent Ordered Yet.

dragaa

Okay so Ive been reading tons on this website and others and of course a bit of confusion remains which is expected as im seeing.

Heres my thing: im having my dad (possibly) order me ome for xmas as I have nothing else I want and Im intrigued.

From what ive read the best are the volt and eGo. I currently smoke about 12-15 American Spirit yellow "analogs" a day. I want to figure out EXACTLY what kit I should order as im telling him which ive decided. In this case I dont think I should ask for more than a kit. Am I going to be completely unsatisfied with what JUST a kit provides? Is the size of the eGo really that obtrusive or stupid looking? I want to SAVE money vaping so would going with a cigarette shaped ecig cost me a lot more? Thanks for any help you can provide - sorry im so clueless!

Im actually considering a joye 510 at this point as well. will this be a more costly endeavor? im trying to decide if i should get over the bulkiness/unattractiveness of an ego -- is it that much better than the 510 for someone who wants to use it often? sorry so many questions! :D

I started with a 510, and the main problem is that the batteries don't last long. Especially if your a heavy user. You would get 2-3 hours max out of a 510 with heavy use. The Ego lasts me all day without a recharge. As for the size of the ego, it's no worse than a large fountain pen. It's actually smaller than some fountain pens I've seen. I have no experience with the volt, so I can't comment on it.

I'm jut starting the 2nd month of vaping. I began with a 510 knock off and it was great because it felt more like a cigarette, but after a week and a half I bought the ego and haven't touched my 510. the ego doesn't look like a cigarette but I like that. I am truely More satisfied with it. The battery of course lasts longer which is great. You don't have to carry a charger with you. The ego and the 510 are both customizable and there are a ton of options to explore. If you need it to feel like a cigarette to start than go with the 510, but if you deciding vaping is for you.. You'll probably end up buying an ego. No biggie though, all the 510 parts work with it.

thanks for all the responses and im surprised a few are from my area! as i said my dad will be ordering as a gift and hes in VA, but i trust the vape shop will be super convenient when i start..are prices better online? also, is the ego T worth it with the LED display? price wont matter much and im hoping for initial satisfaction so ill stick with it. ive read of the dual coil deal which seems like something ill want? i asked once already but should i expect a savings compared to cigs? thanks all.

ugh one last question and im done i promise...what website offers the best starter packages and prices? im going to go with an eGo. i need somewhere to send him to order it..and i think id like to customize a bit. which package is worth it? (deluxe basic etc)

I think I'm going to have him get this:

http://www.store.e-cigarette-usa.com/eGo-T-Tank-1100-mAh-e-Cigarette-Starter-kit-eGotLed.htm

Is there any downside to the Tank? I think the LED display may be useful, or is it really not? I also kind of like the way it looks. Please tell me if just a regular eGo would be better.

I also think I'm just going to send him links for blank cartridges, maybe about 10, and liquid.

How long does a bottle of liquid last - should I order two bottles for two 5 packs of blank cartridges?

I think I'm starting to understand how all of this works..haha :)

Edited by dragaa

Hi, dragaa! I live in Mooresville & got my first pv, an ego, at the Indy Vapor Shop! They were VERY helpful & Mike is a super nice guy! I've been vaping for 10 weeks & now have a Volt as well! I like them both, but the ego battery life is way better, for sure! The kit with some refill liquid should be everything you need to get started! Good luck!

dragaa- My first e-cig/kit was the eGo-T. I do reccomend that as a starter. However, the eGo-T does not use cartridges, It uses tanks. Tanks last FOREVER, no need to get extras. Eventually, you might move on to cartos, but you will still be using the ego battery. I don't reccomend geting extra atty's/tanks/batteries because if you switch to a different ecig later on, you won't need them. The hard ware in the kit should last you a couple months. I reccomend the following.

1 eGo-T Starter kit. (comes with 2 batteries, 2 attys, 5 tanks, and a couple other stuff you won't use like a soft bag, covers, etc..)

5 different flavors, of 10ml each. See which ones you like. Depending on how much you smoke now, I'd say start with 18mg nic content.

Lastly, get the soft bottom silicon caps for the tank. This will help with the ego-T leaking issue. Check out this you tube video.

hmm.... update... after I posted this last post, I read more on the eGo-C. It seems to be an improvment on the eGo-T, with less leaking issues, more interchangable parts. I haven't tried it yet personally, but based on my research, it seems like a better device than the eGo-T. Go with the C....

so how often do you have to replace the tanks? ill probably get the c if you say its newer/upgraded version. and the tanks basically replace more or less the empty cartos? does it just require cleaning? amd i think i read the tanks hold a ridiculous amount of juice..so ill prolly go with that. thanks for your response!

The tanks are re-usable. I guess you need to replace the cap on the tank occasionally, but I've been using the same tank for over a month on my Ego-T without a problem. I just got the Ego-C less than a week ago, so I can't comment on them much yet. However, I don't see why they shouldn't last as long as the Ego-T. I'm sure the tank itself will evenly develop cracks or something, but they are cheap. Probably want a few tanks if your going to be changing flavors a lot. Then you can have a tank for each various flavor.

Tanks last forever. I used my T for over 2 months. Never had a tank break or crack on me. I think the 'hole punch' method in the above video might help with hte soft bottom caps. I used the same soft bottom caps for weeks on end with out changing them because there was no tearing. If the kit comes with 5 tanks, then that will last you a long time. like many many months. Its soooo very easy to change flavors using the same tank because they are just hallow platic. No need to have a different tank for different flavors. They are not like cartos.

Sounds like a pretty good setup to me. I'm gonna grab a C with a few things of juice.. i suppose with the C i don't necessarily need the soft tips? Are they just nice to have? I would rather avoid any leaking - that would be dismaying.

According to what I saw, The C comes standard with the soft caps. (They are bottom caps, not tips) Soft caps are a FAR improvment over the hard caps. After a while most vendors stop selling the hard caps all together because they sucked. Now I haven'y used a eGo-C yet, so I'm not sure if the soft bottom caps changed at all, but I ASSUME pre punching the caps still might help out because it will keep them from tearing a will last longer. Well worth the $2 to get a 12 guage needle from ebay. And if you end up not needing the 12 guage needle, then you are only out $2... wooow, thats alot of money.. lol...

Edited by mjradik

Be carefull about trying to find the best prices.It is worth a lot to buy from someone you can trust and who will answer questions .There is usually a reason that someone is selling stuff very much cheaper than the rest.

I'm not necessarily looking for the best prices as I'm not even paying for them, I just saw that they had the different colors and I'd like to have a red. The C's arent as popular and I'm not seeing them on as many websites - this is one of the few.

I would keep it as simple as posssible for starters.There is enough aggravation trying to quit smoking without trying to make a complicated device work properly.I would say an Ego with Boge cartomisers would be the easiest introduction to vaping and the best chance for success.A person can always upgrade after they master the basics.After vaping three years I don't even see any advantage to a tank for myself.

The eGo C is brand new to the market. It was just released in the last month or so. That is why not all the suppliers are carrying them yet. I have used the regular eGo tank and I thought it worked well. But I have been vaping for 2 years and I found the regular eGo battery or the eGo pass through with a cartomizer to be simple and less fuss than the tanks.

You should order more than one bottle of juice and few different flavors that might be appealing to you. If you end up with the tank, it is best to have a few extra atomizers and tanks on hand. Anything can go wrong and you don't want to be left empty handed. The same goes for the cartomizers. You always want to have back ups.

I agree with McQuinn, because you are new, keep it simple until you adjust to making the switch.

I am also unfamiliar with the supplier that you have linked in your posts. I do not know if they are reliable or not.

Edited by BirdDog