Just Saying Hello

Shelley

I can not believe that after smoking all of this time that I could stop just like that and start vaping !!! Amazing!!! Tried almost everything that the market had to offer and never would have believed that this would do it. Why didn't someone tell me this years ago? Now I'm telling everyone, well those that listen lol

Welcome Shelly. I was told about ecigs about 2 years ago, but never followed through. I kind of whish I did, but at the same time, I'm kind of glad I didn't. I look at OLD posts from 2 years ago, and it seemed there still wasn't alot of GOOD products out yet, and alot of people got frustrated and stopped vaping. I mean if I had to use one of the 'analog' looking ecigs, that only lasted an hour, and pay $7 bucks for, I would have given up. But that my opinion, and I could be wrong, maybe I would have stuck it out.

It really is quite amazing! I remember when I first found out about them on the internet in some ad or something... I had never heard of them before at all. I thought they looked mighty interesting to say the least... so I started doing a bit of research and landed on the Vapor Talk website/forum. Shortly after, I ordered my first e-cig and gave it a shot, and didn't want another analog from then on. I never thought it would be that easy... nor was I even planning on quitting analogs in the first place... it just kind of fell in my lap and loved it. It's nice to hear about all of the great success stories from everyone... and to think that there is such a debate over them is insane! It's crazy that something that has saved/is saving so many people, and improving the everyday lives of those using them... could create such a huge fiasco! I never have really understood 'those people' that are so against them... but then remind myself that it's all about money to that group of individuals anyway.

Same here :) I investigated the device & medical info for about 2 months on this site & a few others. And finally decided to give it a go once I figured what kind of PV would best fit to begin my journey. In the past, I've tried Zyban & the patch, &the gum. None of it worked longer than a month. I was kind of skeptical on whether it really would work for me or not, but remained hopeful. But from the moment of my first vape after dinner the first night, I felt satisfied the rest of the evening. The next morning, I vaped with a cup of my morning coffee. By mid morning, I decided to try a cigarette & could barely finish it. That was my very last cig to date. The first 3 days were difficult, but I knew this is my only way out so vaped through the discomfort. Since then, I see no good reason to switch back to analogs.I'm converting my little brother, my cousin, my step dad -- everyone I love - to make the switch by trying out my device. I know they don't need to suffer anymore under the spell of cigarettes Just vape :) & celebrate the joy of being free.Congrats on your new freedom! Keep up the good fight.

Edited by jen_haynes

Just have to jump in and agree wholeheartedly (sp?). Ran into my reg. conv. store today for a drink and mentioned my e-cig to the counter lady :secret:Lots of smokers in my teeny tiny town who are desperate to quit. Suggested they get on the internet and look at FV. Wish there were more local retail avail. for folks who can't shop online. My first purchase was the pricey and disappointing result of not enough research. Have managed to remain tobacco free 3+ weeks and my e-go tank is on the way . What I really love is being able to vape anywhere (well almost). No more spouse complaints.

love the smileys :yes

Well here's my pennies as well.When i first started vaping I was smoking analogs also.Found out I didn't smoke them as much with my PV.Now no desire at all for them .In fact got around a neighbor who smoked and boy waht a gross smell.And I thought "....thats what I am not putting in my lungs."Thank God for PV's.Congrats ,good luck,and welcome to our house,hope you enjoy your stay!

• 2 weeks later...