Noobie Wanting Some Answers! Please Help!

NES

Hey what's up everybody. Noobie here. Looking to purchase a PV/Ecig but dont know which one to choose. Ive smoked regulars but mainly more of a hookah smoker. I don't care about size, i dont want like something supper skinny. I want something with good life, and good hits.

If anyone can help me give me some good models to look at, prices, etc... That be great!! Thanks for reading

Budget, how much you plan on using it would help...but other than a mod, I'd recommend the eGo.it's the most customizable- you can even get a part for it to go variable voltage.., and Joye is known quality.

I agree with the eGo. It's the way to start. While you sit back and enjoy that, you can do a lot of research and see what other models you'd like to have. And you will (most likely) want more someday.

Good luck and happy vaping!

Definitely the eGo (XL size). for all the reasons previously mentioned. I still use my eGo every day as well as my Mods. I'd be lost without my eGo. It's solid and dependable, with tons of ways to vape it. (gadgets for your gadgets). It never grows "old".

Welcome to VT!

Yet another concurrence on the Ego. The 900mah is a great fit and just the right size for me. Just my take, but you'll have more expense figuring out what delivery device to stick on it. Ego allows for this research to be done with just the right amount choices.

Get the right batt and your 1/3 there, with ease. Now for the juice and delivery device.....and let the fun begin.

Edited by maverick

Hi all! Noobie as well looking for an answer on LR ego tank atty. I am brand new with different gadgets including a couple different LR attys. I really like the LR cartos that I got and the 306, but the tank atty I got does not seem to provide the same bang. Is this normal for this type? I mean it seems to perform like the standard 510 atty that I have. Almost think that maybe I got a standard ego tank atty, but don't know. Got this gear to try out and see what I like. Don't really have any experience with any of it. Any thoughts?

Hi all! Noobie as well looking for an answer on LR ego tank atty. I am brand new with different gadgets including a couple different LR attys. I really like the LR cartos that I got and the 306, but the tank atty I got does not seem to provide the same bang. Is this normal for this type? I mean it seems to perform like the standard 510 atty that I have. Almost think that maybe I got a standard ego tank atty, but don't know. Got this gear to try out and see what I like. Don't really have any experience with any of it. Any thoughts?

Welcome to Vapor Talk! In my experience, the eGo-T LR atty will not give you the same bang as other LR attys.

Thanks for the feedback. Seemed like the tank idea was almost too good to be true. Nice Vapor but almost 0 TH. I do like to boge LR cartos I have, they work well. They do seem to dry out my throat a little more than dripping does. I have seen some cartos out there that do not use a filler at all. Kinda thought that might be something worth trying. Any experience with any of those types?

Thanks for the feedback. Seemed like the tank idea was almost too good to be true. Nice Vapor but almost 0 TH. I do like to boge LR cartos I have, they work well. They do seem to dry out my throat a little more than dripping does. I have seen some cartos out there that do not use a filler at all. Kinda thought that might be something worth trying. Any experience with any of those types?

You're probably looking at something like the CE2s. I'm using them in a modified tank and they work pretty good. I haven't tried one in the form it comes in, but the reivews on them are mixed... biggiest issue seems to be problems with wicking and leaking/craking tubes.

Good to know. I have been analog free for just two weeks and loving it so far. I appreciate the help, the information and gear out there can be a little overwhelming. I have been pretty happy with the eGo 650 mAh that I bought. Cool to have so many options. Any wisdom as to when to toss a carto. I have had about three of them going for 2 weeks now with a different juice in each. Seem to be working fine. No bad taste, keep firing up, seem good? Also I have some 24 mg juice that was just to stong for me. Cutting it down with some VG help?

Good to know. I have been analog free for just two weeks and loving it so far. I appreciate the help, the information and gear out there can be a little overwhelming. I have been pretty happy with the eGo 650 mAh that I bought. Cool to have so many options. Any wisdom as to when to toss a carto. I have had about three of them going for 2 weeks now with a different juice in each. Seem to be working fine. No bad taste, keep firing up, seem good? Also I have some 24 mg juice that was just to stong for me. Cutting it down with some VG help?

Congrats on two weeks! I don't use cartos, but there are quite a few members that do. Most will probably say 2-3 days and toss it. When I did use cartos, I usually got about a week or so. They are fairly cheap and meant to be disposable.

Yes - vaping has come a long way in the last year and 1/2. There are so many new things and so many options. The eGo is a great battery and with the 510 connection you got lots of options.

You can cut your juice with PG or VG, but it will dilute the flavor. Also, VG doesn't do as well in cartos (very thick) so you may want to use PG.

Always feel free to ask questions - everyone is here to help. :)

Probably should be getting close to tossing them now then, lol. I do like how easy the cartos are to use, but I think that dripping with the LR 306 is the way to go for me. Not sure that I got the hang of it quite yet, but the flavor and vapor is great. Do seem to go through the juice a little faster that way which seems normal? This forum is really helpful and I am glad to have the help!

Yes - you'll burn through a lot more juice with the LR atty. That's why you get better vapor and throat hit. When I first started I couldn't get enough throat hit. They didn't have LR attys then. I vaped at 6 volts for a while. LOL! Do you have a drip tip?

You'll find a balance soon enough. I had been dripping most of the time and using cartos or the eGo-T when driving (45 minute drive to work). I'd also use a carto or tank when fishing or cutting the grass. Any other time I would direct drip.

I do have a drip tip for both the 510 and 306. How much juice do you drop in the atty. I am putting 3-4 drops right now and it seems to last me an analogs worth of vapor. Works great at work because I can still take the 'smoke break' LOL! I agree with the cartos being good to travel with. Seems like maybe a bigger battery or a higher voltage would be better with them. Did you notice any difference between using the cartos at 6V compared to that of the 3.4 or 3.7V with LR?

Another Iowan in the mix? Grew up SE of Des Moines and hello to DMIA.

I agree with Brian in total. You'll never get the pure hit and flavor of the direct drip, but I gave it up pretty quick for convenience. Still have a couple 306's and use them for new juice testing. Here's the gig on the tank atty......you'll love it for a couple of weeks until it begins to go south (and that can happen quickly, with no indications) and then you'll begin the messing around, pulling wick plates, dry burning etc. Would not recommend it for a new vapor person unless your willing to toss the 8-12 bucks out the window when it begins to act up. Loved it for a while and still fiddle with a couple of them because their awesome when they work at full potential.

Have moved to the Echo-e, and though the draw is too tight for me? It holds the same amount of juice as the tank and is ultra reliable. I leave for a 10 hour shift with three flavors loaded, and of course, three Joye 900-1000mah batts. No way I'll get hung up here and be out of juice or batt power. No leaks, no mess, and no fuss. Fill and go.......

I do have a drip tip for both the 510 and 306. How much juice do you drop in the atty. I am putting 3-4 drops right now and it seems to last me an analogs worth of vapor. Works great at work because I can still take the 'smoke break' LOL! I agree with the cartos being good to travel with. Seems like maybe a bigger battery or a higher voltage would be better with them. Did you notice any difference between using the cartos at 6V compared to that of the 3.4 or 3.7V with LR?

It's been a while, but I do remember that the caros were very hot at 6V. LOL! I tried LR attys and didn't care for them, I've always preferred regular Joye 510 attys (2.2ohm) at around 4.9 volts (once I got a variable volt mod and started dropping voltage). If you look at going with a high voltage move, I would suggest getting something that is variable voltage, then you can use just about any atty/carto and adjust the voltage to suite your needs.

Yeah, I think I will wait till I try out the tank atty again. I think that I have already burned the wick somehow because there is a burny taste to the juice now. They are too pricey to get another one right now. I figured that the 'drip' would not be imitated. Have you used any of the dual coil LR cartos. Just looking for new stuff to try. Don't think I will go with the CE2 per brian but am looking to try different gear?

Go Hawks!

I'm having pretty good luck with the 1.7 LR on the standard 3.2-3.7 range and would go no lower in resistance on the Ego. While the 1.7 is pushing the mosfet........it's best to charge these batts often and not let them drain down too far. I've "topped them off" most every day on the 650's, and every other day on the 1000mah; never to lose one. The aforementioned Echo just came out in dual coil, and per usual, I don't see the big craze. Lower resistance on the single coil out performs all duals I've purchased.

IMHO? It would have been better for this vapor person if they'd simply dropped the Echo from 2.5-2.8 range and run it down to 2.0 on a single coil. Others may have a different experience but I'll take the 2.0 Boge (best TH out there IMV) or the 1.7 singles and if I never buy another dual coil, I'll be fine. The 1.7 holds more than the Boge but does not equal the TH factor......but I'll take the juice capacity on most days.

Provari is pretty awesome vaping for what I hear. Would probably have one if funds allowed, but my 3.7 mods are humming right along.

Good to know about the dual coil, I appreciate the info. I am trying to not blow a whole bunch of money on every gadget out there so i am diggin hearing the experience. I felt like the the boge 2.0 was a pretty good TH almost too much. Have you heard anything about the KGO? I've read posts that the battery actually runs between 3.7 and 4.0 . This higher voltage would work good with LR boge?