Taking The Plunge

susan55040

I bought my first E-Go last spring. I have to admit this thing is a little intimidating. So afraid I will run the batteries out or it will not work. I am 46 and have been smoking 1.5 packs of analogs a day since I was 14. So I did this: I ordered another set of the e-gos that way I have 4 e-cigs on hand if any go out it gives me time to get a new set. I really need to quit the analogs for many reasons. I am hoping that this time I can set a good plan. I ordered Dulcias, Midnight and Sweet Dawn as they came highly recomended. My hope is to start with the 24 MG and slowly wheen to lower nic levels. I think I am going to go direct drip.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Any long time smokers out there who have accomplished this and have any tips would be greatly appreciated. I really want to be successful this time. I have set a date of September 1st as the quit date.

Thanks in advance

Sue

My best advice is to have fun with vaping. One of my biggest smoking triggers was stress. If setting a quit date works for you, then go for it. Once you develop a passion for vaping smoking will soon lose its hold on you. Good luck and please keep us posted. We are here to help along the way. :)

You are so right. Stress to me is also the biggest trigger. I have come to the conclusion there is always going to be some "thing". I keep putting it off like when this calms down ot that calms down. Then I realized that to some degree there will always be some form. Good for you 665 days is awesome. Are you still using Nic in the e-liquid?

Yes, I still use 24mg. I have fell in love with vaping. Some say I traded one addiction for another and I cant disagree. The thing is that I find vaping soooo much more enjoyable than smoking. True it may be a vice, but honestly out of all the other choices of vices this one rocks :punk:

My best bits of advice would be to cut yourself and vaping some slack. What's good for us usually requires more work, however it can be a VERY VERY fun hobby. You are off to a really good start but be patient with flavors as well as your setup. I love to direct drip, it's just about the only way I vape and I think it's awesome that you want to give it a go. Keep your mind open though .. you may encounter issues with flavor or style of vaping. ALWAYS remember that there is, without a doubt, an solution to any issue or setback you may have and this forum is the place to come for the remedy. Everyone here vapes a little bit differently based on their needs and can surely help you to figure out what will work best for you.

Also, most of us have from time to time thought of cigs .. vape through those moments and you'll see it's pretty easy. It's nothing at all like quitting cold turkey and trying to distract yourself from those thoughts.

Just learn to vape, and vape through it. It was surprisingly easy (instantaneous) for me to transition out of 2ppd with vaping. Ask any questions you have, hang out in the chat room, vape through it! Congrats, and welcome to VT!

I think you made some good juice choices :)

If you travel commute drive any distance etc..

You may want to think about trying some cartos,

I know you said you were gonna be a dripper but

dripping and driving is no fun lol.

Driving was always a smoking trigger for me and

now vaping with a carto takes its place.

Chris Dayvape and I recommend boge lol

And yes absolutely backups backups backups :)

I was wondering if I was going to have to be the first to recommend the Boge LR cartos! Thanks Joe!!

Seriously though... everyone likes different things, so just give them BOTH a try and see what works best for you.

I'm not bashing attys... heck, I still use 306's quite a bit anyway. ( starting to use the more and more honestly)

But the Boge cartos will always be my 'go to' way to vape. And I'm not alone in this choice... so you might want to give em a shot. They can be bought here as well, heck, maybe Chris will even toss one in for you to try if your order hasnt' already shipped. ( it takes him every bit of about 30 minutes to pack and ship orders it seems!) Good luck !! It won't be long and you will be amazed at how great this all really is!

Edited by DAYVAPE

Welcome to Vapor Talk! Like Jeff said, just enjoy the journey and keep in mind there are many options for the eGo, so if you feel something isn't working for you, there's other things you can try. Use the forum for support and learn all you can. I was up to 1.5 ppd and smoked for 20 years. Stress was big for me also, but I was always able to vape heavily until the craving passed. I started with 24mg and still use 24mg. Haven't put much effort into try to reduce that.

Welcome to Vapor Talk, Susan! I was one of the those long time smokers...smoked a pack and a half a day for 34 years. Found ecigs almost two years ago and never looked back. I didn't give much thought to how I did it or when I would quit. From the very first drag on an ecig, I knew it was for me. My first "kit" was a not so good choice, but it was new to me. It only came with one battery and while that battery charged, I smoked. I didn't like that idea, so did some research online and found this place. Within two weeks of starting to vape, I had my new kit with two batteries and never had another smoke (analog) again. Although it hasn't been that easy for everyone, I'm really glad it was for me.

Don't try too hard and don't give yourself a hard time if you smoke for awhile after you start vaping. It happens. And any cigarette not smoked is a step in the right direction. But don't be surprised if you like vaping so well that you never even want another smoke again. That happens, too.

Good luck and happy vaping!!

Welcome to VaporTalk, Susan. You are off on a great start, you couldn't have made better starter choices. Like Brian said, the choices of gadgets for the eGo's are vast and you'll find your very own sweet spot in due time. Meanwhile, just sit back,, vape, relax and count the cigarettes you didn't have instead of the ones you did.

It's almost a year for me since I started vaping, and I went through many trials as I started. Thought I'd use a ton of cartos ... didn't like filling them. Knew I had to vape in the car or risk falling asleep, so I kept at the cartos. Loved direct dripping at home and my low resistance atties. Dripping and driving aren't safe. There are lots of options to remedy this, from box mods that have juice bottles inside to the option I use which is a vapemate from SuperT Manufacturing. I use it on my eGo and enjoy "direct dripping" while on the go with it.

Take it easy, relax, and vape away cravings. You'll do great! And you'll find the perfect set-up for you somewhere along the way! Enjoy! :)

I know I will have tons of questions. I can see where this can be very interesting. I am excited and nervous for this journey but know it is the right thing. I do know I do not care for the tobacco flavors very much. Just not the same. So will experiment around. I am thinking at least the 24 will be needed. Some of the juices taste darn good.