Please Help The New, New Guy

CantusPro

Keep it up. Don't worry too much if you don't crave an analog. If you do- try to vape through it and see how easy it is. You can vape through stress too. Take a nice pull off your ego filled with your favorite juice and release your stress with a huge cloud of vapor. ...Maybe that's why I chain vape. :yes

I think you will find, as many of us have, that the craving for a real cigarette fades very quickly. Once you find your vaping 'happy place' it's a breeze from that point on. I mean really, do you honestly crave the smell/taste of a stale ashtray for cryin' out loud? For me... the flavors of the juices are so much better tasting/smelling than the real thing that it made the switch super easy and painless! We are still getting our nicotine with vaping... then throw in the wonderful juices out there and you have yourself a recipe for a huge success in quitting those nasty analogs!! I never knew how easy it would be until I found that one juice that I truly enjoyed vaping... that device that performed like I needed one too (more like multiple devices!)... after that, the thought of having an analog ceased to enter my mind.

Day 2 was pretty easy. I only smoke between the time I get home from work and bed time. I didn’t want to try an analog, and the PV was still amazing.

Um…day 3 was different. I wanted to light a cigarette, and my eGo tasted different to me. The cigarette monster was knocking at my door for an hour and a half to two hours. I didn’t answer, and I think he went away for a while.

-Cantus

Edited by CantusPro

Day 4 (Saturday): “Take Your PV To Work Day.” I worked a few extra hours Saturday and found every excuse to show my new eGo to the smokers. I used it every hour because I had it in my pocket. I set a bad example. I set a bad example by using it too often…not by using it instead of cigarettes.

Day 5 (Sunday): “No smoke for you!” I didn’t smoke or vape on Sunday. I parked myself on the couch. I turned on Netflix, and relaxed. I’m going to be at work up to 60 hours per week, 6 days per week for the rest of August. I decompressed with a lot of humor a very few stimulants.

Day 6 (Monday): “The big hole was hairy.” I took my PV to work on Saturday, and I kept it in my jeans pocket. When I went to use it today, the drip tip opening was coated with a fine layer of pocket lint. I rinsed the drip tip out, and we resumed vaping. Do I have to carry my eGo in the case to prevent pocket lint form accumulating in the drip tip?

-Cantus

Day 4 (Saturday): “Take Your PV To Work Day.” I worked a few extra hours Saturday and found every excuse to show my new eGo to the smokers. I used it every hour because I had it in my pocket. I set a bad example. I set a bad example by using it too often…not by using it instead of cigarettes.

Day 5 (Sunday): “No smoke for you!” I didn’t smoke or vape on Sunday. I parked myself on the couch. I turned on Netflix, and relaxed. I’m going to be at work up to 60 hours per week, 6 days per week for the rest of August. I decompressed with a lot of humor a very few stimulants.

Day 6 (Monday): “The big hole was hairy.” I took my PV to work on Saturday, and I kept it in my jeans pocket. When I went to use it today, the drip tip opening was coated with a fine layer of pocket lint. I rinsed the drip tip out, and we resumed vaping. Do I have to carry my eGo in the case to prevent pocket lint form accumulating in the drip tip?

-Cantus

LOL @ "The big hole was hairy". Could say something but I'm not going there LOL. An eGo carrying case or a lanyard will do you just fine. With a carry case you can put some juice and other knick-knacks in it as well. You can find them at Liberty Flights: http://www.liberty-f...duct.asp?id=46. or maybe some other people know of some cheaper prices from another vendor. Glad the eGo is working well for you. :)

the e-go kits & the e-go pass tho is all great choices and the way to go , the only thing I would change in all that is get a liquinator tank from vaporescence.com, fill prob. once a day and it is like juice on the go, from one p.v. to another ( if you choose to).......................................my 2 cents ! .....................good luck ! :thumbsup:

Da-da! Da-daht, da, de-dah!

Day 7 (Tuesday): “Take this analog…and shove it.” I ain’t a smokin’ here no more. Yeah, it’s only been a week, and I’ve had cravings, and my attitude toward the cravings is pointed in the vaping direction.

My girlfriend has my other eGo, but she’s still smoking. I walked through the living room today and asked “is something burning?” She said “No, I’m just smoking a cigarette.” I politely asked if she had accidentally dropped some wet hair in her ashtray off the rear end of a mountain gorilla.

She didn’t respond, and I’m going to guess the answer was no. I’m probably smelling things a little differently than I did last week…and I don’t see a lot of cuddling in my immediate future.

Still, thank you all,

-Cantus

Edited by CantusPro

Day 8 (Wednesday): “This used to be harder.” The last time I tried to quit smoking, it was very difficult. I had constant cravings for cigarettes.

This time, it’s much easier because the e-cig tastes better than a “real” cigarette. I seriously feel like the caterpillar in Alice In Wonderland for smoking my e-hookah from the pass-through battery.

“How doth the little crocodile improve his shining tail. And pour the waters of the Nile, on every golden scale. How cheerfully he seems to grin, how neatly spreads his claws. And welcomes little fishes in, with gently smiling jaws.”

If you’re smoking in my line of sight, you’re in the same position as the little fishes.

-Cantus

Day 9 (Friday): “I counted the day I started.” So, I’m a day behind my actual claims.

Unrelated, but this old joke came to mind today…

Two flies are sitting on a piece of poop. One fly lights an analog cigarette. The other one says, “Hey, I’m eatin’ over here!”

-Cantus

Day 12 (Monday): I’m almost ready to prematurely claim I’ve quit smoking.

Currently, I think 30 days is the right amount of time. If I’m still wondering if it’s long enough after 30 days, maybe 90 would be better before making the claim.

I hope everyone who gave me tips here realizes how important you are to my quitting process. I couldn’t have gotten this far without you.

Thank you,

-Cantus

Yes, please keep it up!! It's an inspiration to any new people coming in and it reminds the rest of us how wonderful those first days of being smoke free were. I'm still amazed I've come as far as I have, so the wonder never goes away, but it's still a neat reminder. I'm so happy for you!!

• 2 weeks later...

I’m talking to people about the number of weeks I’ve been smoke free instead of days now.

Once you stop thinking about the number of days it’s BEEN since you smoked, and start thinking about how many days it is UNTIL you can claim the next week of being smoke free, you’re in a different mental place.

I even asked my girlfriend for a cigarette today. She tried to hand me a pack of smokes with a lighter. I said, “No. This is a test of the Emergency Smoking System. I’m not a smoker. If I ever ask you for a cigarette again, you need to remind me I’ve quit smoking and refuse to give me ammunition.”

2 hours later...I just tested her again. "Hon, can I have a cigarette?" She said "NO!" Mission accomplished.

-Cantus

Edited by CantusPro

34 days and I didn’t even worry about celebrating the 30 day mark. Seriously?

If you want to quit smoking, do your homework, and read the forums. Spend the money, and find a combination you like.

My Cliff’s Notes version:

(1) Joye eGo starter kit

(1) Geoff’s Blend e-liquid

(1) Plastic, tapered drip tip

(1) Group of supportive folks on an internet forum

-Cantus

40 days, and I’ve switched to ZERO nic liquid.

Apparently, I’m not as hooked on the nicotine as I am on putting this cylinder in my mouth and sucking.

If a psychologist thinks it means I’m going to change my sexual preference because I’m vaping, that’s okay. I was a boy who smoked...and liked girls. Now, I’m a boy who vapes…and still likes girls.

Conclusion? Vaping does not make me less boring.

-Cantus