Please Help The New, New Guy

CantusPro

Howdy, and thank you for having me here. What is the best e-cigarette for me?

I’ve been smoking for 20 years. Now, I have a Health e-cigarette starter kit, prefilled cartridges of different nicotine levels and a few bottles of various flavored juices. My e-cigarette doesn’t normally produce a lot of vapor, and I probably won’t be using this one for much longer.

What do I want an e-cigarette to do?

I absolutely want more, consistent vapor.

I want to use e-liquid instead of buying prefilled cartridges.

I wouldn’t mind a USB pass through option. I smoke/vape at my computer more than anywhere else.

Please help me make a better choice this time than the Health e-cigarette. If you need more information, just let me know.

Thank you,

-Cantus

Welcome to Vapor Talk! Most everyone will recommend the Joye eGo. It has great battery life and with a 510 conntion you have lots of options for different attomizers/cartomizer/tanks, etc. I would also suggest you watch the direct dripping video in the turotial section. I would get an eGo kit, a drip tip and a pack of cartomizers to start with.

welcome to vapor talk get your self a ego starter kit add a passthrough and you will have lots of options go for 1000mah batteries are best last all day get some cartos and some juice and your set. :yes there is lots of help here just ask good luck

Thank you for the warm welcomes. I really appreciate the fast responses too.

I’m looking on line for Joye eGo starter sets, and I’m getting a choice between Type A and Type B.

Any preference between A and B?

Thank you,

-Cantus

Okay. It’s the eGo for me. There are a lot of different starter kits to buy from so many different suppliers.

Any recommendations on what to buy first or where to buy it?

Thank you again for all your help,

-Cantus

Cantus,

This is my own opinion but I prefer the type B atty. I have not noticed any performance difference between the two myself, I just like the type B because it is cylinder shaped. The type A is cone shaped. I know you said you did not want to use a cartridge, but you do have the option of using a mega atty along with a mega cartridge.The mega sizes perform way better than the standard sizes from my experience. But realize, you MUST use a mega cartridge with a mega atomizer as a regular eGo cartridge will not fit the mega atomizer. Just my two cents worth. :) Try the Vapor Talk store at the top of the forum. Click on the VT silly Cantus lol :D

Robert from Gulf Coast Vapor spent several hours of his time on the phone helping me make selections.

Kit: http://www.vaportalkstore.com/products/Stainless-Steel-Joye-eGo-.html

Tips: http://www.madvapes.com/Rubber-Drip-Tips-_p_3175.html

Pass through: http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=49

I called him because he posted here. He walked me through the available choices, and I can’t thank him enough for his help.

Pretty much, he recommended going here to buy this, there to buy that and to the other place for the final part. I decided to buy the bulk of the items from vaportalk.com for putting me in contact with such great support

Thank you all, one more time,

-Cantus

Cantus,

Your welcome Jim it was my pleasure. I am here anytime you need anything. I know what your doing right now. You are waiting for your eGo kit :dribble:. Wait until you get it, you are going to love it more than your girlfriend :lol: . Well I wonder how long it is going to take Christopher to move your comment to the reviews of suppliers thread...waiting...waiting. In all seriousness though Jim, you are very welcome that is what I am here for. Good luck with your new toys!!! Please keep us updated on how it works for you.

i would check out electronicstix, good prices and fast shipping, Buy a $10 5v passthrough and some reg resistance boge cartos $17.25 w 5 cartos, just got a 2nd passthrough and LOVING IT - i vape at a PC all day too. Pm me and can send you a coupon code too for them 10% off this month

My thanks go out to everyone.

You guys are great, and this website is wonderful. I can’t believe how much help is available so quickly.

I can’t wait for my Joye eGo to get here!

Thanks again,

-Cantus

Noob question incoming. Please prepare yourselves… :unsure:

When you set your e-cig down between uses, should you set it on a level surface, filter up to soak the atomizer or filter down to prevent soaking the atomizer?

Does it matter?

Thank you,

-Cantus

Noob question incoming. Please prepare yourselves… :unsure:

When you set your e-cig down between uses, should you set it on a level surface, filter up to soak the atomizer or filter down to prevent soaking the atomizer?

Does it matter?

Thank you,

-Cantus

Jim, you can set the eGo on the battery end because it's flat but I don't because it can tip over. I keep mine laying flat. And the atomizer touches the filler material constantly whether the device is up, down or sideways. A wet atomizer is a happy atomizer :)

LOL. I did a poor job of describing those positions.

When I said “filter up”, I meant the approximate position a cigarette would sit in an ashtray (30 degrees or so up from horizontal). “Filter down” was supposed to be the opposite with the filter end resting on the bottom of the impeccably clean, and unsoiled, “ash” tray.

I still get to use an “ashtray”, don’t I?

Thanks,

-Jim

LOL. I did a poor job of describing those positions.

When I said “filter up”, I meant the approximate position a cigarette would sit in an ashtray (30 degrees or so up from horizontal). “Filter down” was supposed to be the opposite with the filter end resting on the bottom of the impeccably clean, and unsoiled, “ash” tray.

Thanks,

-Jim

I give you permission to use an ashtray as long as it stays "unsoiled". :) And yes, "filter up" is best.

Thanks,

-Jim

LOL! I have an old ashtray that was my Dad's. I really didn't want to get rid of it, so it's still sitting here on my desk, but I use it to hold vaping supplies. :)

Edited by Brian

When I first started vaping, I HAD to put my PV in the ashtray. I was so conditioned to reaching for the ashtray, it was the only logical place for me to set it down so as not to lose it.

I use to grab a lighter too out of habit, damn near lit my RN4081 a few times.

Talk about Pavlovian.

Edited by Phaseman66

My first impression is “I love the eGo!” Thank you all so much for the recommendation.

Compared to my original Health e-cigarette, the eGo produces clouds of vapor…and consistent clouds of vapor. I’m dripping this one and haven’t tried the supplied, prefilled cartridges yet.

It’s just a classy looking piece of electronic gear too. The cardboard package is even held closed with magnets. Classy, I tell ya!

Without the drip tip, the eGo is about the length of my original e-cig, but the eGo is twice the diameter at the battery. I don’t know I would have been as interested in the eGo without first trying the analog sized e-cigarette. The Health e-cigarette let me get used to the idea for a month.

The eGo batteries came mostly charged and only needed 15 minutes each on the charger before the light turned green. On the down side, one of the cones drags a little when screwing it on or off. The cone threads look fine, but the battery threads don’t look as clean.

My girlfriend, who purchased, and then would not use, the original Health e-cigarette kit, just ran off with one of my two eGos after 1 puff. I think the last sentence says more than everything else I wrote tonight.

Thank you all so very much for your help,

-Cantus

It’s been about 2 hours since I charged my new eGo. For now, the eGo, with Tasty Vapors “Geoff’s Blend” 24 mg liquid is BETTER than a regular cigarette.

The analogs are right in front of me. It makes sense to me to smoke a “real” cigarette to experience the difference tonight. I just don’t want one.

Last night, I tried to prepare by restricting myself to only smoking one analog every hour and vaping my Health e-cigarette in between. Last night, I couldn’t wait for the top of the hour so I could have a “real” cigarette. Tonight, I’m trying to talk myself into smoking a “real” one, and I’m losing the argument.

I’d like to tell you about the differences, but it’s not going to happen tonight. It doesn’t mean I won’t smoke tomorrow when I get home from a stressful day at work (I haven’t smoked at work for years). It doesn’t mean I won’t reach for an analog next week. I just have to say again, the Joye eGo you recommended is so wonderful, I don’t want a cigarette right now.

Thank you,

-Cantus

8:05 PM PST. Top of the next hour has come and gone.

I’m still not tempted in any way to reach for the cigarettes in front of me. I intended to compare a cigarette to the Joye eGo, but it’s not happening tonight. Maybe I’ll feel differently tomorrow after work.

My Sweetie hasn’t taken the past month to get used to the idea of a PV. I’ll keep the spare around, charged and available. Who knows? Maybe she’ll like this one.

-Cantus