What Does The First Vape Experience Feel Like?

jen_haynes

Hi again for anyone that responded to my first post. I plan to make my first purchase with the Joye ego in less than 3 months - carts for traveling & drip for at home. Most of the time at home anyway. And of course -- a back up unit. I would really like to hear your personal experiences from the first time you vaped & what it feels like.

Mother of two little ones

& hoping to be there for them for many years + to come.

Thanks in advance!!

Ah, takes me back to be asked that. :)

Being a long time smoker, I was really REALLY skeptical at first about e cigs. I didn't think I could get a genuine smoking 'experience' using anything that wasn't on fire and filled with tobacco. Boy, was I wrong.

My first unit was a RN4081 unit, a small one that looks and feels most like a real cigarette. I took that sucker out of that box, charged it up and the very first puff, I KNEW I was a vaper and an ex-smoker. The feel as I inhaled was identical to a smoke, the hand to mouth habit was satisfied also. My harshest test was how satisfying an e cig would be with my morning cup of coffee. It did the trick. I was amazed.

This may seem a bit dramatic, but at that moment I felt the potential of these devices and I was filled with hope that I may have actually found a way out of my own smoking hell.

The juice that came preloaded in the cartridges was ok, but light years away from the juice I ended up with as my all day vape. The device was ok, and I enjoyed that first time, but as my pre-filled cartridges ran out, I knew that my 4081 wasn't going to be enough to handle a hardcore smoker like I was.

At that point, I decided to arm myself with any e cig knowledge I could find, that led me here....and the rest is history.

Since then, I determined what juice I like best, and moved up to a 5 volt device. And it was good.

I haven't looked back at cigarettes and I can't wait to see how much farther the development of e cigs goes, and (insert favorite deity here) willing, we will all get to spend just a little more time on Earth with our kids, friends and our families because of them. :)

You guys are hilarious! From one hardcore smoker to another this has given me some "hope" to kick the traditional way of smoking the weed (tobacco) . I'm guessing there will be some trial & error in the beginning, but if I stay determined, I will find the right method/combination to satisfy my nico itch of 25yrs. I will be so happy not to have to do my crazy ritual to not smell like smoke around non-smokers.

I come from a long line of smokers & if this works for me - I will spread the love.

Edited by jen_haynes

I was almost in shock that me, as a hardcore, 2ppd 20+ yr. smoker put down the cigs. ...it felt like a miracle that I found e-cigs, and was easy, which didn't seem right. I immediately knew that it was a life-saving alternative to my old habit.

Hello Jen, if i were you i would not wait a long time, make the plunge, you can slowly cut down the amount you smoke analogs and vape inbetween to get the feel of what would be best for you. this is just my opinion. i stopped cold turkey and started vaping the 3rd week and now i wish i started from the beginning. it is sure easier quitting now that i have this device. i have been smoking analogs for almost 40 years and now i no longer have the urge due to my new found e cigs and i am only in my 1st week of vaping :cheers:

I was a chain smoker for 30 years. smoked 2 1/2 packs a day. 1 month after my hubby passed away, I purchased my very first joye 510 e-cig from americaneliquidstore.com for 29.99, and it was love at first vape. I think after taking the first puff I was, Like Wow, this is so awesome! took me 5 days to go from 2 1/2 packs to 7 cigs, then to 5 cigs and then to non per day. After spending a little over 500.00 the first month on vaping stuff, I figured out what i liked a lot more and I ONLY buy the stuff I need. sometimes I will go out and buy a new MOD. one bad thing that happened to me while vaping was trying to boil my cartomizers and I spilled boiling hot water all over my left hand and wrist. OMG never again would I boil my cartomizers. that night at the hospital I held onto my eGo and would not let go of it. I educated the nurses in the ER about what this thing was and how I burned myself trying to clean those "throw away " cartomizers. A few of the nurses looked interested in the unit and I passed them the web site to the vaportalk.com forum.

PS. 6 months later and I am boiling the cartomizers again and I am still smoke free and loving it.

Is all about how you'll start! If you really want to quit the analog ones you'll definitely be successful. Only if you'll get the whole deal a bit unfaithful, the e-cigarettes are going to be a failure. Takes about a week to forget about the cigarettes and a month to hate them.

sometimes I will feel like having a smoke but, I dont.. I see people who I work with on Fridays smoking, and sometimes it bothers me. As long as I have my e-cig I am doing fine. sometimes I think to myself. If I have 1 cig then I would have to start quitting all over again at day 1 instead of day 194.( thinking that way helps me a lot) I set my passthrough down in a house I was cleaning and now I cant find my PT anywhere =( always buy backups.

Edited by Tagsanstuff

I had quit cold turkey for 3 days, on the 4th day I could not take the cravings nor the insomnia any longer, I could not function at work on 3 hours of sleep a night more than a couple days in a row, I was wearing a 21mg nicotene patch but I still craved the feeling and I missed the Motion of smoking.

I remember 7-11 had an electric cigarette by xhale02, I would always see it when I went in to buy my American Spirits and I always thought, "how stupid, who would spend $19.99 on that", well that night I was feigning like a heroin addict so I went and bought one, it felt so good to smoke I puffed for an hour straight then started to feel sick, I just happened to read about nicotene poisoning so I took off my patch and started to feel better.

I enjoy vaping even more than smoking, and at the same time if I don't have it I can wait till I get home, before I never went ANYWHERE without my smokes, EVER, not even on a short drive to the corner store "what if something happened I wouldn't want to be stuck without my smokes"!!!!

they gave me Zyban and the patch. that made us stop smoking for 1 week. after that 7 days, my husband and I went out and bought a pack of smokes.. it was so stupid of us to do that. about 3 yrs ago, I purchased Chantax and that gave me a strange taste. every time I smoked I would get this odd taste. it made me smoke more just to figure out what that taste was. It did not work for me. Now what did work for me and I was very shocked was the E-cig =) been smoke free for almost 7 months now...I have to have my e-cig with me at all times. I once went 1 hour without it even with it in my purse. without it I get very nervous

Was up to 1 1/2 packs a day after 20 years of smoking. I was fortunate enough to find VT before buying anything and still give VT full credit for my success. :) Received my 510 kit on a Tuesday after work and started vaping right away. I was completely amazed. The rest of that week I continued to smoke in the day at work and vaped in the evenings while getting though the learning curve. By Thursday while at work I was missing my vape... couldn't wait to get home to start vaping! Saturday morning I woke up quite early, smoked my last cigarette with a cup of coffee then started vaping. Never looked back. Don't get me wrong, I did have some cravings, but they didn't really hit hard until after I had been vaping for a couple of months (thought that was odd). However, I was always able to vape heavily to get through. I can't remember the last time I had that "I gotta have one" feeling... it's been long time.

You're gonna love vaping!

Just over a month analog free, and i do still have small cravings. What I have discovered is that now my cravings or for my e-cig. Still have two packs on my kitchen table and don't even consider them. Guess is should get rid of them before one of the grandkids get ideas!

I was a pack and a half per day smoker for 34 years when someone showed me an ecig. I was amazed. Somehow I just knew it would work for me. I bought an expensive "cheap" kit and was surprised that the cartridges they said equaled two packs of analogs only lasted part of a day for me. But I loved it. My hand to mouth habit was satisfied, the vapor felt like the smoke in mouth (only so much cleaner), and the sight of the vapor on the exhale satisfied my "visual" need. Vaping was every bit as relaxing as smoking had been. My only problem was that my kit only came with one battery. During the two hours it took for the battery to charge, I smoked even though I didn't want to. After all those years of loving to smoke, I didn't want to smoke any more. I only wanted to vape. It tasted better, I felt better, my sense of smell was better, my sense of taste was better. When the store I got the kit from ran out of cartridges (massive panic), I started researching online to see what I could find. Learning that there were lots of different models and that I could refill my own cartridges was a lifesaver for me. I saw some of Chris' videos and started buying units and juice, etc. The day I got my first kit (an 801 model) that came with two batteries was the last day I ever had an analog. That was almost two years ago. I quickly learned that I really needed backups. Not only a backup battery, but several batteries, lots of juice, a backup charger, several backup attys. I knew that I didn't want to ever be in the position of not having even one element that would cause me to have to buy a pack of smokes. I went over the top a bit by buying several different models to see which worked best for me, but overall I didn't spend any more than I had smoking. After almost two years of vaping, I always have a lot of backup supplies and know that I will never again buy a pack of analogs. I don't even like the smell of someone else smoking anymore. I still love vaping and vape a lot more than I smoked, but I am spending a lot less money than I was before and I feel so much better.

The first vape experience?!

You just put a smile on my face! I thought I hand-shacked Good. I was looking for so much to quit the regular cigarettes and I realized that THIS IS IT!

I think it was Tuscan from Flavour Art. I felt myself so relived. And honestly... I think this is my best achievement on 2011.