E-Cig Vs 'analogs'

Tony_C

I knew about the over 4000 chemicals in analogs, part of the reason I finally decided to quit them...here's just a few:

cigarette-ingredients.png

VS ecigs:

PG/VG

flavorings

tobacco-specific nitrosamines (TSNAs)

nicotine

and, possibly Diethylene Glycol

A sloppy FDA report in 2009 said that diethylene glycol was found in a small batch of e cigs. The report said that DG is an ingredient in antifreeze, when it is not, and DG was only found in 1 out of the 18 cartridges tested. This one cart only had about 1/10 the DG found in aspirin and 1/40 the amount found in a regular tobacco cigarette. In fact, you’d have to consume about 12,000 cartridges in one day to get close to a toxic level of DG. It is also 8 times safer than caffeine based on toxicity levels. Regardless, it’s been nearly 2 years since diethylene glycol was found, and e cig safety is ever improving with better ingredients and quality controls.

Now which one do you want as your nicotine source?

The whole FDA testing was a joke all the way around, but of course its the gospel according the FDA.....

Not to mention they are always looking for a good excuse to control the vaping industry -- they will need a new source of income with cigarettes becoming too expensive (and dangerous)......

I will take my chances with vaping!!!!:unworthy:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As we all know, it all comes down to $$$. If the government is not getting thier share, then they will do everything they can to say its dangerous, or ban it or whatever. You got the expensive and powerful lobiest from the tabacco comanpies in washington as driving force. Tabacco companies don't want thier profits cut in to. Is funny, they says e-cigs are dangerous, and have chemicals, etc..... but they never compare them to analogs... Because they know there is no comparison, hahaha. Obama is a smoker. Even if he says he's quitting, he still sneeks one in everyonce in a while. Imagine what would happen if he started vaping, and word got out about it.. Wow..

You got the expensive and powerful lobiest from the tabacco comanpies in washington as driving force.

Don't forget pharmaceutical companies. I'm sure they don't like this any more than tobacco. :)

Along these lines. The tobacco companies need to adapt to ever changing times, just like all other companies. I mean the USPS is adjusting because of email. But since its government, it only took them 10+ years, lol. Tobacco companies need to embrace change and not fight it. Once they come out with their own version of the e-cig, you know all of a sudden it will be published by them that e-cigs are a safe alternative. Of course I kind of hope that doesn't happen, because once it does, juice will be regulated, and taxed, and prices will go way up. But within the next few years it will happen, I'm sure..

Don't forget pharmaceutical companies. I'm sure they don't like this any more than tobacco. :)

yea, I'm sure pharmaceutical companies hate it even more. Its cutting into thier 'quite smoking aids' profits. I quit cold turkey about 3 years ago for 3 months before starting agian. I did buy some nicotine gum, but didn't really use it because, didn't really help, and it was more expensive than cigs. I know for a fact e-cigs will alow me to quit smoking, then, if I want to, I can evetually quit vaping much easier by adjusting the nicotine levels. (FYI, I'm a newbie, been vaping for only 3 days, was 1-1/2 pack a day. In the 3-days of vaping only had about 10 total cigs, and plan on being smoke free in a couple more days)