Need To Get Started

carley

1- find a vendor website (forevervapor.com, puresmoker.com, dfwvapor.com, goodprophets.com are ones i go to regularly)

2- order an eGo starter kit, throw in a couple bottles of juice that sound good in a couple different nic levels and a 5-pack of cartomizers (lr is generally preferred)

3- press the buy button

4- formulate questions and post them here :thumbsup:

Jon

I agree. Get the ego system, low resistance cartomizers are what I use. Juice and you are on your way. The kits come with one or two atomizers. You might like to get another lr atomizer as was previously mentioned. If you go with the cartomizers, get 2 5packs. You can get about 20ml out of a cartomizer before it needs to be replaced. I have never like direct dripping...or just not used to it yet...so I use the cartos. Enjoy!

You go through internet, search for the best Ecigs vendor, order a kit for yourself. When you receive the product. Start vaping. This is may be the easy way to get started and that is what I am going to do but first I did some research about it which also be done by you.

How do you know when your atomizer has to be replaced?

When it no longer heats up. There is not pre-warning either. So make sure you have back-ups. And have back-ups for your back-ups.

I'm brand spankin' new to this vaping thing myself. I started with the Ploom, and I bought that because I read about it in a New Yorker article. It did fine until it broke. Now I use something called Smox, which I got because the place that sold me my Ploom also carried it. So I got into e-cigarettes purely by virtue of what happened to be in the store.

What might be helpful here is a recommendation of which brand or starter kit to buy. Which brands do the experienced vapers recommend to noobs like myself and Carley? What's easy to use and effective?

Joye Ego-T Starter Kit. The standard kit includes two 650mah batteries, but some starter kits include 900mah or even 1000mah batteries. Can't go wrong with any of those batteries. Obviously more mah means longer vaping time before charges at the expense of having to carry longer batteries.

You will need to purchase E-liquid with your Ego-T Starter Kit, and wthen atch some YouTube videos on how to refill the tank cartridges. If you find that you do not like the Ego-T Tank system, the Ego-T batteries are fully compatible with 510 Cartomizers and 510 Atomizers so you're not limited to using the tank system.

Shortly after your first order, you will need to purchase replacement atomizers as well as an extra battery or two. The batteries and the atomizers typically have decent lifespan, but you do not want to have something die out on you and not have any backup/replacement so you can keep vaping, as the goal is to not have to resort to cigarettes at all.

Edited by Emile

If you check the past posts, nearly everyone will suggest the Joye Ego as a great starting device. Some old timers still use it even. It's a solid unit and versatile. I'd suggest making sure that you get a passthrough, and one 900-1000mah battery.

I'm brand spankin' new to this vaping thing myself. I started with the Ploom, and I bought that because I read about it in a New Yorker article. It did fine until it broke. Now I use something called Smox, which I got because the place that sold me my Ploom also carried it. So I got into e-cigarettes purely by virtue of what happened to be in the store.

What might be helpful here is a recommendation of which brand or starter kit to buy. Which brands do the experienced vapers recommend to noobs like myself and Carley? What's easy to use and effective?

Gotta agree with the eGo starter kit...I started with a 510 and ended up ordering an ego shortly (like 3 days) after.

The 510 functions just fine, but battery life is terrible - and decided eGo would be better off than getting 2 XL batteries.

You could start with the tank kit, and order a normal atomizer, drip tip, and a pack of 510 cartomizers, that way you can try them all and see what you like better...I've yet to try a tank system, and with all the mixed reviews of it, still on the fence about if I want to.

Regardless of what you decide on as far as style, I would say stay away from proprietary brands, like BLU (just an example). Most of the reputable kits are 510 threaded from what I've seen.

Edited by Tony_C

Welcome to VT, glad to have you with us. I agree on the Ego, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend the tank, only because there are so many mixed reviews on it. I think the Ego with cartomizers and/or attys and then if you want to try the tank, you could try all three :thumbsup: