Fishing

I use to fish a lot when I lived in TN. I moved to WV in 2000 and didn't fish for a long time. I was use to bass fishing from a boat, but all the "rivers" up here are more like big creeks/streams. Wade fishing didn't interest me at the time... seemed like to much effort. LOL! In 2008 I moved to a different part of the state and the house I bought had small river (creek) behind it. The first summer I here walked down to take a look and thought "damn - I can walk across that, there won't be any fish" and that was that. The next May I walked down again to take a look and found some deeper spots, and saw some fish. Hmmm, interesting. I bought some waders and some new gear and started wade fishing. What a surprise it was! I have so much fun doing this! For me, it's a complete escape from the world, so peaceful. I've seen deer, turkey, turtles and a few other critters (hoping not to see any snakes or bear). And to top it all off, I've caught lots of fish! It takes less than a minute to walk from my back door to the river.

post-1693-0-83157300-1306579042_thumb.jp

post-1693-0-48752300-1306579058_thumb.jp

post-1693-0-76434300-1306579070_thumb.jp

post-1693-0-41374000-1306579081_thumb.jp

post-1693-0-37093800-1306579091_thumb.jp

post-1693-0-07136900-1306579098_thumb.jp

post-1693-0-50352500-1306579112_thumb.jp

Edited by Brian

nice fish! im a fisherman too, was odd when i wasnt smoking and fishing this spring, load up some cartos and went. I live 1 mile from lake erie, but love to bass fish. only caught like 5 bass and 3 croppies so far, going tomorrow and sunday though, hell ill post some pics too

nice fish! im a fisherman too, was odd when i wasnt smoking and fishing this spring, load up some cartos and went. I live 1 mile from lake erie, but love to bass fish. only caught like 5 bass and 3 croppies so far, going tomorrow and sunday though, hell ill post some pics too

Cool! I'll probably go this evening and/or in the morning. It only takes a little rain to make my river unfishable and we've had a lot of rain this year, but it didn't look to bad when I crossed the bridge last night. One thing I've noticed - vapor don't keep the skeeters away like real smoke does! LOL!

Brian,

Those are some really nice looking fish you have there! Congrats! I too love to fish! :) Within 1/4th. of a mile is the Skagit River that I Fish a LOT! :) Last year when the Salmon were running I spent 10 -12 hours per day, 5 days per week on the river playing Catch and Release. The best day I had was 84 Salmon Caught and Released, plus 6 kept for my limit in 10 hours!

I also have a total of 24 lakes within a 25 mile radius of me that hold Trout, Bass, Perch, Crappie, Catfish, and Bluegills. I never go without a place to fish! Heck, I still have 24 Salmon in my freezer to smoke up or to Bar-B-que!

8lbCoho9_15_10copy.jpg

GrandpawrichardwithanicelittleCohoSalmon1-1.jpg

grandpawwithfish3.jpg

ThomasandIwithastringeroffish2.jpg

AtipofthehattoMiracleLuresforanotherSalmonLarge.jpg

BradandhisfirsteverstringerlimitofPinkSalmon1small.jpg

Danandmewithastringerofhumpies2.jpg

AttackoftheSkagitRiverShark.jpg

DickandhisfishingpartnerGeorge.jpg

Richard

Thanks Brian! I absolutely Love to Fish! :) I have taught so many people how to fish and helped them to catch their first fish that I have lost count! :) Every person in the posted photos (except for the Old Geezer that owns and runs my boat) were people that I took out and taught how to catch their First Salmon! :) By the end of their fishing day they were extremely arm weary from reeling in fish. :) But every one of them are on a list for trips out with me for this year and next! :)

Richard