Going To Have To Learn

I keep reading about dripping and at first I thought why should I do that? I just read in a post that you can change your flavors. that is part of my problem with ecigs. I want to try all sorts of flavors but I don't want to have to keep buying cartridges and replacing them. Exactly what are the pros versus the cons in direct dripping?

do you put drops in the atomizer and not use the cartridge for your puffing/drags or do you put the drops onto the filler in the cartridge and go from there? I am not too clear on that portion.

I want to try different juices to find one that I really like and will stick with then I can go back to the cartridges. Plus will vaping burn your tongue (or make it irritated) like the cigarettes did to me?

Edited by savanahrose

Dripping can provide better flavor, and for some- doesn't compare to other methods such as tanks and cartos. There are plenty of happy tank and carto users also. It comes down to preference. If you are trying a lot of different juices, direct dripping is the way to go IMO.

You would put 2-3* drops in the atomizer -most use a drip tip on top of the atty for ease of dripping. *Start off with 2-3. I'll often go 4-6, but it seems to depend on the atty. They do make larger atty's also, along with drip shields and other accessories to assist in the DD.

Vaping should not burn your tongue. If it does- you might be doing something wrong.

Good luck- and congrats on getting past the first week.

I keep reading about dripping and at first I thought why should I do that? I just read in a post that you can change your flavors. that is part of my problem with ecigs. I want to try all sorts of flavors but I don't want to have to keep buying cartridges and replacing them. Exactly what are the pros versus the cons in direct dripping?

do you put drops in the atomizer and not use the cartridge for your puffing/drags or do you put the drops onto the filler in the cartridge and go from there? I am not too clear on that portion.

I want to try different juices to find one that I really like and will stick with then I can go back to the cartridges. Plus will vaping burn your tongue (or make it irritated) like the cigarettes did to me?

Direct dripping allows you to switch up flavors more quickly, like if you wanted to test flavors before filling a cartomizer or cartridge. It also produces much better vapor when compared to using a cartridge. The only downside is that you really shouldn't drip and drive, better to use a cartomizer. You want to use 2-3 drops and you should get anywhere from 5-10 draws before needing to add more drops. If you are going to try direct dripping, I suggest getting a drip tip. It is a mouth piece with a large bore hole that you can add the drops without having to remove the mouth piece (empty cartridge/no filler).

This video will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h14QDp4v3O4&feature=player_embedded

I'm the type of person who has and uses multiple different flavors on a daily basis. I'm also the type of person who pretty much drips exclusively. I've used cartos and cartridges before, and in my opinion, they're totally useless. I even drip and drive, but I know it's not a great idea. I keep a hand on the wheel as I drip and try to do so at stop signs, red lights, or on straightaways, definitely never while going thru a turn, and I always do it in a way that I can still see the road. It's still not a good idea, but to me it's whatever. Cartridges seem to need to be topped off way too often that I might as well just drip anyway. Plus, somehow the flavor of the juice seems to get soaked up into the filler and never wants to completely come out. The filler seems to absorb and lock in some of the flavor in both cartridges and cartomizers. As it has already been said, dripping provides better flavor and vapor. I'd like to try a tank, but I haven't gotten around to it. I won't use the MAP tank or any other tank that utilizes a cartomizer because I personally hate cartomizers. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong(I can't possibly fathom what or how to do it any differently), but cartomizers leak for me every single time I try to use them, and I've taken suggestions from forum members on how to properly fill and whatnot... It doesn't matter; they ALWAYS leak, so I've given up on doing anything other than dripping. However, I personally feel cartridges are less bothersome than cartomizers.

As for how to actually drip, well there's a video in a previous post. You can either hollow out a cartridge and use that as a makeshift drip tip, or you can buy an actual drip tip for a few bucks. My personal favorite(not that I've tried a lot of different designs anyway, and they're not all that different from one another) is the generic anodized aluminum drip tips you can find just about anywhere. They come in what I think is some cool colors(all of them are metallic colors). They're contoured nicely and feel really comfortable on the lips. One thing I was worried about before trying them was that the metal would get too hot(I don't know if you've noticed, but when chain vaping or just taking a long drag, sometimes even a standard 510 atomizer can get pretty hot. The heat isn't an issue, but the aluminum can get too cold in winter for some people. It doesn't bother me, though. You can find them here: http://www.volcanoecigs.com/anodized-aluminum-drip-tip.html Actually, come to think of it, you didn't mention what kind of device/atomizer you're using. The ones I'm referring to are for a 510 type atomizer.

They also make drip tips out of glass, acrylic/other plastics, and something called delrin, which i'm assuming is some other type of plastic. I would avoid the glass out of fear it would break easily if dropped. As for acrylic, at least for the 510 drip tips, I've had one break on me where the o-ring is. Now, it might have been my fault for soaking the acrylic in rubbing alcohol(i use it to clean my vaping stuff when needed), as someone told me after it already broke that it can weaken acrylic, so it might not really even be an issue. I just thought I'd let you know. I know nothing about delrin other than the drip tips I've seen made of delrin don't look appealing to me.

You asked about vaping burning your tongue. It shouldn't, and it never has for me. But, sometimes while dripping, due to the fact that there's no filler, hot juice can jump out of the drip tip and onto your tongue. It's never been hot enough to actually give me a burn, but it can sometimes be unpleasant. Also, this happens MUCH more frequently if you remove the bridge of your atomizer(the pointy part with metal mesh on it).

I hope you don't mind reading a wall of text, and I hope this helps you out, even if just a little bit. Good luck, and happy vaping. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Edited by DerStadtschutz

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong(I can't possibly fathom what or how to do it any differently), but cartomizers leak for me every single time I try to use them, and I've taken suggestions from forum members on how to properly fill and whatnot... It doesn't matter; they ALWAYS leak, so I've given up on doing anything other than dripping. However, I personally feel cartridges are less bothersome than cartomizers.

You are correct my friend... you're obviously doing something wrong! Cartos DO NOT leak if filled/used the correct way.

Just an FYI so you don't scare the OP away from cartomizers. LOL! :thumbsup:

Trust me... those of us that have simply given them enough time and got the hang of them , have realized that they can and do actually work... and can work quite well! And, I'm not just saying this to 'create any waves in the pool' here peeps, just speaking the truth.

Perfect example: 'Kingbtheone' in above post.

'savanahrose'... cartos can and do work if you just have a little bit of patience to learn how to use them the proper way. Once you learn how to properly fill/use them they are just splendid... trust me.

I would have to give Boge cartomizers: :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

I agree with DV. Boge cartos are great and easy to fill. I haven't had leaking problems with mine. When it come to dripping, I fail every time. I just can't seem to do it right. Don't forget to use DT's with cartos though.

Really? My last lot of cartos came from vaporkings... and were a buck a piece with coupons/discount. You might want to check that out again. Even w/o coupons they run 1.79 a piece, and that's not bad.

Not sure if this still works or not: VTALK15 gets an extra 15% off

Edited by DAYVAPE

It hasn't actually burned my tongue, just a feeling of like I ate too much cinnamon. Thanks for the tips. I have a riva 750 DerStadt, sorry about that. The atomizer is what came with the kit. I will try it and see what happens.

Dripping is my sweet spot. For me its the best flavor, vapor and throat hit. Using a drip tip is much more convenient, but a blank cart works well too. I drip 2 drops at a time, I get 6-8 draws before I need to drip some more. I find 2 drops leads to less leakage.

One of the great things about vaping is the number of vaping options available. The only way to find out what works best for you is to try the various methods available.

as far as feeling a burning sensation on your tounge---the only time I get that is if the atomizer is a bit too dry or if there is primer left on the atty.

You are correct my friend... you're obviously doing something wrong! Cartos DO NOT leak if filled/used the correct way.

Just an FYI so you don't scare the OP away from cartomizers. LOL! :thumbsup:

Trust me... those of us that have simply given them enough time and got the hang of them , have realized that they can and do actually work... and can work quite well! And, I'm not just saying this to 'create any waves in the pool' here peeps, just speaking the truth.

Perfect example: 'Kingbtheone' in above post.

'savanahrose'... cartos can and do work if you just have a little bit of patience to learn how to use them the proper way. Once you learn how to properly fill/use them they are just splendid... trust me.

I would have to give Boge cartomizers: :thumbsup:

LOL, you have no idea how much patience I've tried to give them. I don't know what I could possibly be doing wrong since I've asked and done exactly what I was told, but they still leak every time. It's not really important, since I don't like the way they vape anyway. An atty and a drip tip works best for me. Plus, my atties last forever. I've been vaping since the beginning of last August, and in all that time, I've only had to throw away like 2 or 3 atomizers.

You're welcome, Savanah. That's what I'm here for.