Bad News

Jflo02

Sorry to let you all know (mostly vapors in Tampa) although i personally didnt prefer the establishment myself. Regardless, i went to "The Rack" in Tampa Fl 1809 West Platt Street. i was confronted by my waitress after 3 hours of being there and only after the "Crowd" had gone, telling me there is no smoking allowed. I advised her when i first arrived that i wasnt "smoking". That the device i have is only vapor, which she responded was ok. Only to find the owner had told her afterwards that even that was unacceptable and approached me later that night telling me so. I explained to him there was no smoke or smell. He advised me that even so, it would give the impression i was "smoking" and that others would "think" it would be ok to smoke analogs. lol.

Although i see his point, BUT, if your drunk and see me "smoke" and put my "smoke" in my back pocket and decide to "lite up"... you're an idiot. Needless to say, although i've only been there 3 times, "The Rack" has lost my business. I didnt like that place anyways.

In conclusions, everywhere ive been and vaped, has had no problem with me. Not to say i can do it without consideration. Before hand i explain myself to the establishment, including "The Rack". The waitress in question only said anything (which was weird after 3 hours and asked me to not smoke after i already explained myself earlier) when her boss showed up.

sigh, regards, Jflo02

PS The Rack... yeah, dont waste your time.

Edited by Jflo02

I feel your pain. New Jersey has officially banned electronic cigarettes, apparently it was added to the "No Smoking" ban back in 2009, so all of my vaping is done outside until I get home.

Edited by Emile

We need a wealthy vaper to run some tv/paper adds :) It's just lack of education on the part of most people and maybe a touch of ignorance, people will always dislike things they don't understand, and the fda, ala and friends aren't really helping.

I guess it really doesn't bother me that I can't vape in public places, that's not the reason I started vaping in the first place. But if I really needed a nicotine hit I would go to the restroom and vape away. If anyone were in there I would stealth vape. But I find I can function better without nicotine now that I'm vaping rather than smoking. Wonder why this is?

Dont get me wrong, i dont feel i have to vap inside nor do i feel a sense of supremacy over analog smokers. Although, i do drink, and when i drink i smoke, BUT for me to been inside where there is no smoking allowed and the smokers outside to where i dont have to smell it (which it really stinks)i would think is fair. I would like to think i shouldnt have to "steath" vap or go to the restroom, Im not in middle school anymore. Not to say vapors who do this are childish, just id rather not do that. Id rather explain myself so that the establishment in question can be informed and educated to make a decision on whether or not they would like to keep my business. I dont think enough people know about e-cigs and the people who do know, have either been misinformed and/or heard rumors about e-cig. As a matter of fact, ive turned several people from analog smoking to e-cigs in the past 2 months just by explaining to them how the device works and how they can benefit from not smoking analogs. Ive put others at ease by informing them how it works and that its safe around children (exhale, 2nd hand). Anyways, i guess i'll continue to inform and educate others and hopefully get the rumors and misinformation turned around sooner than later.

Heres to the team, 1 in Tampa Fl, informing and educating 1 person at a time.

regards, Jflo02

I dunno...I think there's room for compromise here. It's not like you have to blow clouds of vapor.

You get your "fix", the "establishment" doesn't have to deal with someone who appears to be smoking.

Everybody's happy.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

in a private establishment you really dont have any expectation to vape,pick your nose or take off your shoes. It is really up the the owner to determine what they allow and it is up to us to respect that, as a community. This thread has been done several times and I always come away with the same reaction....so what??

Up here in the Northwest most establishments do not care at all I also work In a Pub and after educating people though they actually like the idea , but people around here are very easy going I wish there was a better way to educate everyone about the vaping society and about the positives about it.

I'm with Burn- The owner of the establishment has the right to choose whether misinformed or not what they will permit. It's no different the my house, - I don't allow smoking in it, and anyone who enters has to take of their shoes- some will say but they're not dirty, or their brand new- doesn't matter my rule is take off your shoes. Not to say I haven't played sneak a toke... I have but I'm not going to try and get them to change their rules.