Are These Flavorings Safe?

Aes

Question for all you experienced folk:

I have access to flavorings from companies such as Sensient, Flavor Waves, and Flavor Dynamics. I use these for flavoring coffees and teas. But this is done to the product before it is brewed, not to a finished liquid. And most certainly not directly onto my lungs... Yet.

Do you think these would be safe to add to my liquids? All of them are a PG base, although some have ethyl alcohol as well as other things- not sure if those would be a good idea. Several are, however, only PG + flavoring agents.

So my question is again, would these be safe to add to some of my eLiquids? What do yap think? And if anyone is worried, I hereby release you, and VT, from any harm that could result from my possible future actions relating to adding a flavoring to a juice. This is all 95% hypothetical, as I'm pretty paranoid about something going wrong!

I took a look at the flavor waves site, and clearly they make flavorings intended for human consumption without processing, if their coffee favors are safe ??

I seems like you could contact them directly and ask - I would think they would answer you!

But this is done to the product before it is brewed, not to a finished liquid. And most certainly not directly onto my lungs... Yet.

I'm not your ordinary chemist. But, how can the non-combustional heating of any combination of elements do anything more than excite molecules to start breaking apart?

I must be missing something here.

Please keep in mind, we are not talking in the realm of the combustion of particles. Correct?

Otherwise... some like it warm, some like it hot.

Go FORWARD,

GPurv

Edited by GPurv

honestly, I think this falls into the realm of ---whoever thought of using food flavoring to flavor liquid we would inhale into our lungs......

The flavorings I use are all candy or food flavorings--not necessarily intended for vaping. That being said--I still put them in a PG and/or VG base add some nicotine, add some flavoring and inhale it into my lungs.

I would think if you felt comfortable with the ingredients contained in the flavorings---still wouldn't be worse than smoking cigarettes and all the chemicals and carcinogens. innocent.gif

Lol @ all. Thanks for the replies. I guess for some reason the Ethyl Alc. Was throwing me off. Most of the flavors with EA have such a strong odor we all end up coughing and choking whenever we are mixing it up. (we really should have a vent hood of some kind...) and when I saw the MSDS on them there was notices about "don't inhale" and "possible risk for..." I wanna say cancer and stuff but I'm not 100% now.

Valid point though. It can't be worse than smoking a cig. So...I'm gonna give a few a try and report back my findings. I'll let y'all know later how it works for me.

Thanks again for the replies.