Cartomizers Vs. Attys

birdievk

I have been reading alot here and many seem to really like the caromizers.. Being new, I bought a regular tornado and I dont know much about cartomizers. Can someone please explain the difference/ such as which gives a better TH , which is very important to me.. and I dont quite understand the difference between a LR cart and a regular one.. anything would be helpful since I am ready to buy more items.

A cartomizer (carto) is an attomizer and cartridge in one. There is fiiler material and a heating element down the center. They hold about 1 ml of juice. I think direct dripping gives better TH. An lr carto or atty will give warmer vapor and more th than a standard one. Lr cartos and atties simulate higher voltage vaping. Hope this helps!

Edited by Erika

Erika summed things up nicely. You will find many personal preferences. mine is dripping--be it LR (Low Resistance) or standard atty. I have never had much luck with cartomizers, but many swear by them.

Honestly, over time, you will probably try a little of each to find what works best for you.

The low resistance atomizers and cartomizers--heat a bit faster and requires less pull, gives a better throat hit overall..

Clear as mud??? if its still a bit murky, somebody will have more information........

I like the cartomisers for when I am out of the house ,they last quite a while on a fill and produce pretty good vapor and flavor.For at home I prefer to drip with a 306,510 or 901 atty which for me produce similar flavor and vapor.The 306's seem to tolerate flavor changes better without carryover unless one of the flavors is particularly strong like clove.

Like mcquinn said, I use cartomizers when I can't drip. I have a 45 minute drive to work, so I use a cartomizer for driving. I also use them when fishing, or traveling. They're not nearly as satisfying as dripping on a 510 atty at 5 volts, but they get me by for those shorter periods.

Hi bird! Don't worry, everyone eventually finds what they enjoy. I use standard eGo batteries with the

eGo HUGE Mega Cartomizers from VaporKings $2.45 (they can each last a week or more)

http://www.vaporkings.com/eGo-MEGA-blank-empty-cartomizer-Genuine-JoyeTech-p/ego-cartomizer-blank.htm

Filling a eGo HUGE Cartomizer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKjINSlX38E

Good luck. Let us know what works for you.

Yep, just grab a box of LR cartos on your next order and see if you like them. Just make sure they are the BOGE cartos ... with the silver threads. I basically 'direct drip' with a carto and it's "winning' for sure for me. You will find everyone likes different things for different reasons around here. The main thing I can recommend is to make sure your juice is mainly PG... if not 100%. VG doesn't seem to wick as well and will gunk em up much faster. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

I guess since I am on a posting rage today -- WINNING --- I will also point out explicitly you may find that while different approaches work for different needs, like carto's while driving verse dripping while home or work its also not uncommon for your preferences change over time.

As you try more things something that worked well for you stops working so well and you shake it up for a bit. I used cartos at first, and I liked them okay but soon enough I started Dripping. Well the other day I broke out a carto and gave it a go and really enjoyed it so I think I am working some back into rotation.

I guess my point is, if you have the means to have various options on hand you will find yourself moving back and forth over time with them. Its part of the joy (or Joye - get it?) of it all.

You won't find me going back and forth... I have been there and done all that. Which explains why I have a crapload of 510 attys, 901 attys, eGo Tanks, and MAP tank... you name it I've probably tried it. All of which will NEVER be better than the carto... for me at least. Believe it or not, I have even been 'direct dripping' some too, when I mix up new stuff I don't want to try it for the first time in a carto as it may need tweaked. After over a year I have tried every dang thing that comes out claiming to be the latest and greatest... and have rarely been over joyed with most thing. I was all excited about the eGo Tank too... but it sux in my opinion! But I don't want to get in to that now. I totally understand where you are coming from, but after all the money I've spent buying the new things, cartos are simple where its at for me. At least I have been able to find my 'HAPPY PLACE'... things could be alot worse or I could still be smoking! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Hi bird! Don't worry, everyone eventually finds what they enjoy. I use standard eGo batteries with the

eGo HUGE Mega Cartomizers from VaporKings $2.45 (they can each last a week or more)

http://www.vaporkings.com/eGo-MEGA-blank-empty-cartomizer-Genuine-JoyeTech-p/ego-cartomizer-blank.htm

Filling a eGo HUGE Cartomizer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKjINSlX38E

Good luck. Let us know what works for you.

Hey GPurv, I remember reading another post of yours where you mentioned using the Mega cartomizer. I went to VK website and looked at the mega carto. Naturally they were sold out, but I did request an email when they were back in stock. From just looking at the picture, I can't tell what the bottom piece, the end that screws onto the eGo battery, is made of. It looks like plastic, but then I thought, it must be a different type of condom then the one I am use to seeing on a regular carto. Can you clear this up for me? :thumbsup:

Hey GPurv, I remember reading another post of yours where you mentioned using the Mega cartomizer. I went to VK website and looked at the mega carto. Naturally they were sold out, but I did request an email when they were back in stock. From just looking at the picture, I can't tell what the bottom piece, the end that screws onto the eGo battery, is made of. It looks like plastic, but then I thought, it must be a different type of condom then the one I am use to seeing on a regular carto. Can you clear this up for me? :thumbsup:

It's a rubber/silicon protective condom covering the male connector that screws inro the battery (like for an eGo battery). The 'shell', yes, is plastic (so no boiling these).

Can you tell I love these eGo mega cartomizers yet? 3ml juice per refill then 1-3 hours of non-stop heaven.

I have 30+ "in stcok". Let me send you a few. I just wish Chris stocked them... they've been around over a year or more.

It's a rubber/silicon protective condom covering the male connector that screws inro the battery (like for an eGo battery). The 'shell', yes, is plastic (so no boiling these).

Can you tell I love these eGo mega cartomizers yet? 3ml juice per refill then 1-3 hours of non-stop heaven.

I have 30+ "in stcok". Let me send you a few. I just wish Chris stocked them... they've been around over a year or more.

Yeah, I was picking up on the fact that you might be loving the mega cartos!!! LOL

Thanks for the quick reply and the offer to send me a few is so very nice of you. Today I decided to throw caution to the wind and make the two + hour drive to the VapeFest in Philly Friday. My thinking is that some vendors are holding onto some of their stock for the VapeFest. If I get the Mega Carto fever real bad and find out that my theory was totally wrong, I just might send you a pm.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Enjoy the fest. I'll look for your posts.

GPurv, If you have a chance check out the eGo Cartomizers at GoodProphets http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/product.sc?productId=154&categoryId=34 . They look the same as the mega cartos, but not called that. They are only $9.99 for 5, kinda funky colors though.

Good Prophets is having a big sale. Sure hope their not going out of business???

Yeah, I'd happily mail you a couple as well... but mine aren't the MEGA ones. They taste too much like plastic for me !! I tried to like them... trying several, all had the same 'plastic-like' taste to them. Not to mention they are a pain to fill... needing to use a syringe to do so, and having to take those tiny two pieces out to be able to do so. No thanks... I'll pass. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

GPurv, If you have a chance check out the eGo Cartomizers at GoodProphets http://www.shop.good...4&categoryId=34 . They look the same as the mega cartos, but not called that. They are only $9.99 for 5, kinda funky colors though.

Good Prophets is having a big sale. Sure hope their not going out of business???

The specs are right. Nice find. Thank you Sharon! I guess it's not for everyone as these take a day to break in. (some ppl just want everything NOW... lol, like my manager). I'm not good with bottle feeding my habits anymore.

Length 53mm

Diameter 14mm

Slightly Shorter than eGo Atomizer and Cart

Edited by GPurv

Yeah, I'd happily mail you a couple as well... but mine aren't the MEGA ones. They taste too much like plastic for me !! I tried to like them... trying several, all had the same 'plastic-like' taste to them. Not to mention they are a pain to fill... needing to use a syringe to do so, and having to take those tiny two pieces out to be able to do so. No thanks... I'll pass. :thumbsup:

Thanks DayVape, I'll pm you my address!!! LOL

The best vaping experience I've found to be a nice leak free bottom feeder with a 510 atomizer. And i've tried every possible combination.

Still pretty new at this. What is this bottom feeder you mentioned? :pc:

Still pretty new at this. What is this bottom feeder you mentioned? :pc:

Bottom feeders are box type mods that have a juice bottle in them. There's tube that runs from the bottle up through the atty connector and into the bottom of the atty. All you have to do is squeeze the bottle a little and it juices the atty. Check out the Ali. There are some others, but can't think of what they're called. Nana or Uma can tell you where to get a cheaper pretty nice one.

Ok GP, I got my order of eGo cartomizers today. I loaded it up around 2:00 PM and its still going strong. How do I know I need to refill because I don't want to let it go dry? Also, these do appear to be totally disposable or am I wrong? What is the average life span? I am also assuming you can't change the juice?

Ok GP, I got my order of eGo cartomizers today. I loaded it up around 2:00 PM and its still going strong. How do I know I need to refill because I don't want to let it go dry? Also, these do appear to be totally disposable or am I wrong? What is the average life span? I am also assuming you can't change the juice?

I get a very soft burnt taste when they start getting low on juice, so I refill right away. I refill with using the method here: Filling a eGo HUGE Cartomizer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKjINSlX38E BUT, I also do the Taryn (sp?) spin while doing it... fill... spin... fill... spin... fill and final spin, until my 3ml 18ga syringe is emptied.

I refill 3-5 times a day. I can usually keep refilling for up to a week or so. I don't worry too much about using/mixing different flavors nor cleaning. I'm sure you could use any cleaning method you like, avoiding boiling of course. I may try the Coke method on a nasty one tonight.

Good luck. Let us know progress.