New Guy With A Question

Erowid

Hey vaportalk! I'm new and began searching the web for the best options for e-cigs. It seems like the 510 or 401 would be suitable, as they are light and are probably the closest feel to a real cigarette that I'll be able to find. I've just got one issue.

Based on this site and some associated youtube reviews, the Dragon m401 is a very popular choice, however the website truesmoker.com seems to be down for good. The truesmoker rep (?) on this site, I think his handle was Krakkan or something along those lines, hasn't been active since last year. That website seems to be the exclusive vendor of the Dragon, and unfortunately I can't find the thing on amazon or ebay or anywhere else. I would really like to see more about this product before giving up and settling with the 510 or something else.

Does anyone know what happened to truesmoker.com? Is there anywhere else that I could find myself a Dragon m401?

welcome to the forum...I never heard of a Dragon m401. I used the joye 510 when I started. kept having to buy a lot of long life batts. I switched to the joye eGo and bought a couple 1000 mhz batts and I am good to go.

Welcome !!!

Sorry no help with truesmoker.

The 510 has been around for a couple years and is a fairly tried and true product and most(if not all) vendors sell 510 parts.

Now, that being said....The biggest draw back to the 510 is the battery life. for heavy to moderate use, the battery life is only a couple hours before needing to be recharged. Need to have more batteries no hand or a charging case.

The standard ego is the same length as the 510--just a bit fatter. The battery life is 6-8 hours. the 900mah and the 1000mah are each a bit longer, with longer battery life.

You can even check out the ego tank--the cartridge holds the liquid without filler or refilling.

Welcome to Vapor Talk. I agree with what kitsune said. Except...I didn't even get two hours out of a 510 battery before having to recharge. Although the 510 was wonderful and I did recommend it to everyone, the battery life left a lot to be desired. It was very frustrating having to change batteries every hour (or even less sometimes). Once they came out with the eGo battery, that's what I started recommending to people. Where I got an hour of usage with the regular 510, I got 5 or 6 hours with the eGo. Much, much better. Lots of people get 10 to 12 hours with the eGo battery.

Welcome to the forum. I haven't heard of the website or the user name. Sorry.

Go with the eGo, seriously you will be happy. The stick e-cig I started with only lasted me 2 hours between recharges.

this site too has m401's ...

http://www.electronic-cigz.com/

my guess is you are looking for a decent battery life with as close to a real cig feel as possible?

from what ive been reading i can see why youre interested in the 401, it would seem it lasts a bit longer that regular pen styles

however, should you decide you dont mind what it looks and feels like i second the eGo suggestion

Hello and welcome, as you can see the trend of many of the posters here is to provide you with personal accounts and help you with the core information that will help you find the right choice. It seems so many of us (me included) started out with the - "I want it to feel like a cigarette" thinking - only to find out battery life is and will always be one of the critical issues that a new vapor finds in determining if this change in habit makes sense.

So for what its worth - I bought the ciggy style and it just frustrated me, I switched to the eGO with the longer battery life and its made the world of difference. Its light and comfortable in the hand, it vapes like a champ and it works consistently for hours and hours. I start with a freshly charged battery every morning, work from home and chain vape in my home office and around 4 in the afternoon switch over to my second battery.

Everyones needs and preferences are different - yet so many here point to the eGo, I think that speaks volumes.

Good luck and feel free to ask anything that comes to mind.

Hi new GUY welcome to Vapor Talk. I personally recommend the eGO as well but I just hope your happy with whatever option you go with. Many of us have tried the smaller stick models and found we were dissappointed with the battery life just that's why we recommend the eGO it's still small just a little fatter but the battery life is much better. :turned:

Wow plenty of feedback. Thanks everyone for your input, I just ordered a 510 starter kit from electronicstix.com because I saw a few people reviewing their products over at the Reviews subsection of this forum. It was only $40 for a starter kit, but if the batteries don't last long enough like the people here are saying, I'll have to try the eGo! Too bad about truesmoker.com, but I didn't have my heart set for the m401 anyway, I was just considering it as an option :)

When I get the ecig I'll post back with what I think. Thanks again for all the input, I'm sure I'll be back asking about how to fill carts or some other type of newby question.

Cheers everyone.

Welcome to the forum. You will like the 510 it is a great product but, as everyone has said, the battery life is not good. Sometimes I didn't get but 45 minutes and if you don't have a couple of batteries charged and a couple charging you won't be vaping much. But, that being said, if you had your heart set on an e-cig that is somewhat like an analog you will be fine. I had a 901 and a 510 and loved them both but, had to give out to the longer battery life so I got an eGo. Love it. . . . There's so many ways you can use it, carts, cartos, tanks and map tanks, so many toys, so many choices. Good luck on your vaping journey.

I love my eGo-t... That said, it's a bit of a stopgap until I can afford an infinity and some fluxomizers. But if you just want to get going, stop thinking about it and buy an ego-t. It was more than enough for me to quit smoking. Plus I bought it at a local store that stocks viking juice, and i'm enjoying some of their flavors

welcome, I think you will like your 510, if you decide to upgrade to an ego, the cartomizers or cartridges will work with the ego that you have for the 510. I hear they have a 510 tank coming out at the end of the month.

Looks like it's already out. Here is one supplier that has them

http://www.ovaleusashop.com/ovaleshop/product_info.php?products_id=43&osCsid=ngq7pva401fu6jm4m57fe1v697