It...is Almost Time.

Well fellow vaportalkers...it has happened! I got the call and just got a job offer that pays over double what I am making now...with the added bonus of 10 hours more or so of work every week. What does this mean, you may ask?

It means I will finally have the money for a mod. I only have $50 saved up so far, but I hope this fund will increase in size rapidly. I need some input fellow members. I have wanted a mod for over 4 months now, but cannot seem to choose which one to get. Here are the options I am considering (I am always willing to listen to experienced vapor members, though):

The Chuck- Very cost effective (could get it VERY soon, like, next week)

The Joker A/V- Has everything I would need (or so it seems)

The Provari- Seems like the E-cig mod of the Ages (Very costly, but maybe worth it?)

Something from a mod maker?

I was originally leaning towards the Chuck, but now the Joker seems better...but I don't like having to use a meter just to change my voltage, and I want a Provari, but is it better than the Joker? URGH, so confusing! If they didn't cost a pretty penny, I wouldn't be so worked up, but I am very excited. Plz, anyone who owns these, feel free to put your unbiased (yeah right, lol) opinion here. Been creepin the forum and listening to everyone's views, but now I am actually getting my money all ready for it and need to make a decision soon. (sorry for rambling, again, very excited).

One part of the reason I want a mod is that I seem to have terrible luck with eGo batteries and think it might be cheaper in the long run to have a mod...based on a couple of vaportalkers opinions...they know who they are. :D

Edited by PsychoMaster

At least in my opinion, the short answer is: Pro Vari. :) Yes...it's worth it.

Hmmm....Pricey, yet worth it...Have you had any problems with yours? All that circuitry kinda makes me nervous, whereas the Joker seems "mechanical" and less delicate. I don't wanna break something that I would love so dearly.

I've used both and hands down prefer the Pro Vari. The Joker isn't a bad device per say (though my Joker died quickly) but the features and on the fly voltage changes on the Pro Vari make it worth it. It's built VERY well (I've dropped it more times than I can count) and it works perfect. No issues at all. It also comes with a 1 year warranty standard. I hear the few that have had issues, had their units fixed promptly. You might have to save a little but it's worth it. The pictures also don't do it much justice.

EDIT: I checked Vaprlifes website and the Joker only comes with a 3 month warranty.

I've used both and hands down prefer the Pro Vari. The Joker isn't a bad device per say (though my Joker died quickly) but the features and on the fly voltage changes on the Pro Vari make it worth it. It's built VERY well (I've dropped it more times than I can count) and it works perfect. No issues at all. It also comes with a 1 year warranty standard. I hear the few that have had issues, had their units fixed promptly. You might have to save a little but it's worth it. The pictures also don't do it much justice.

EDIT: I checked Vaprlifes website and the Joker only comes with a 3 month warranty.

Ah, that added sense of security! Now that is important, especially for an expensive mod. I will have to see what the cost of fixing either of them out of warranty would be. I would hate to have to buy another mod just because mine broke a month out of the warranty.

I doubt that's going to be an issue with the Pro Vari to be honest. Thought it does have a lot of built in features so does a calculator. How often do those go out :lol:

One thing to note about the Joker, if it's out of warranty Vaprlife will repair it for 30 bucks. Not sure what Pro Vape charges.

I doubt that's going to be an issue with the Pro Vari to be honest. Thought it does have a lot of built in features so does a calculator. How often do those go out :lol:

One thing to note about the Joker, if it's out of warranty Vaprlife will repair it for 30 bucks. Not sure what Pro Vape charges.

Ah, thanks for that! Just got a bit of good news too...I got my tax refund! With the $50 I already have, it looks like I can buy whatever e-cig I want (refund wasn't LARGE, but it's better than owing)...provided my fiance doesn't find out how much I plan to spend on it! She is the one who wanted me to vape however :D.

In a recent thread I did a comparison based on my experience, with both of these models. You can find that here:

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/10765-your-opinion-on-what-pv-should-i-get/

I agree with Christopher that the Provari is worth the price. However, we are both techno-hoarders and seem to buy the latest technologies so experiencing them is often "worth the price" =)

Warranty is important but I would also suggest that service is equally as important. E-cigs and especially mods, are emerging technologies and these companies do not have extensive R&D or QA teams to put the product through its paces before it is released to the market. I know the Joker had a redesign and adjustments post launch and the Provari has had at least 3 changes to the circuit board programming in the past 2 months. This is pretty normal so don't be too bummed if whatever you choose needs a repair.

I have sent the Provari back twice and my Joker back once and in all cases, the service was very good. I think it is primarily a matter of which device suits your needs.

PsychoMaster, I don't know anything about Mods. Can't afford one so I remain ignorant on the subject. But, I do want to congratulate you on your new job and your tax return. And good luck on finding the perfect Mod. :thumbsup:

In a recent thread I did a comparison based on my experience, with both of these models. You can find that here:

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/10765-your-opinion-on-what-pv-should-i-get/

I agree with Christopher that the Provari is worth the price. However, we are both techno-hoarders and seem to buy the latest technologies so experiencing them is often "worth the price" =)

Warranty is important but I would also suggest that service is equally as important. E-cigs and especially mods, are emerging technologies and these companies do not have extensive R&D or QA teams to put the product through its paces before it is released to the market. I know the Joker had a redesign and adjustments post launch and the Provari has had at least 3 changes to the circuit board programming in the past 2 months. This is pretty normal so don't be too bummed if whatever you choose needs a repair.

I have sent the Provari back twice and my Joker back once and in all cases, the service was very good. I think it is primarily a matter of which device suits your needs.

Thanks for that link! Very informative and well thought out. I realize now that all I would need is the Joker...I just WANT the Pro Vari. My fiance says that if I agree to wait and save a little bit out of each paycheck, she will allow me to buy one very soon. She helped me realize when I was talking to her that, like how there are more colors now, if I wait just a LITTLE longer, there might be something else for it around the corner. So now...the waiting begins :ninja:

PsychoMaster, I don't know anything about Mods. Can't afford one so I remain ignorant on the subject. But, I do want to congratulate you on your new job and your tax return. And good luck on finding the perfect Mod. :thumbsup:

Thanks, it isn't a lot, but it certainly sped up the wait for me to be able to buy a mod.

Congrats on the new job!! I, myself, am staying away from mods for now because I'm perfectly happy with my eGo especially now that i got my Ego-T tank today and my MAP tank is supposed to be here tommorrow :)

Thanks, I want a eGo-T or MAP tank, but figured a mod with my drip tip would probably be the way to go. I think no matter what I am gonna spend more than I feel comfortable with, so I might as well save up for a bit and get the best I can.

And now I hear about the Infinity e-cig! Gawsh. Able to change voltage without a screwdriver (also, numbered). Smooth look. Probably not so good battery life...but eh, sometimes you can't have everything. Also seems pretty cheap (I am very greedy, heh)for what you get.

Anyone have one, or heard whether or not they are good? Looks almost too good to be true for the price (also the fact that it's a full kit!). http://www.notcigs.com/products/-Infinity-%E2%88%9E-Kit-with-Batteries-and-Charger.html

I had a Buzz, in fact, it was my first VV mod so I will always remember it for that, I did a review of it last year you can find here:

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/6307-the-buzz-final-review-update/

I can not find any information on the site about warranty, I think you would want to find that out first especially for such a "new" device. I think it was released within the past month or 2. The owner is a nice guy, I do recall speaking to him about the Buzz and enjoying the discussion. I did sell my Buzz because i had the opportunity to have 2 Jokers and didn't need it as backup but it worked just fine and I liked it, even if I wasn't crazy about the looks of it. This device surely looks better. The batteries are a bit uncommon for e-cig mods and the kit doesn't specify how many you get with the kit. You will want 4 so you are not waiting for them to charge.

Doesn't seem to have a drip well but can't tell for sure as there is only one picture of the device.

It is probably safe to assume that because it is so new you are getting the "first gen" model and for me, that must have a good warranty and you should consider the price of return shipping.

As far as battery life, it is rated the same as the original eGo, I would expect 3-4 hours of run time. Mah ratings can be deceiving and my estimate is a guess, of course.

It is priced to move and the design looks pretty good and familiar. I would suggest contacting the owner to discuss the mod with him, I expect he would be forthcoming to you.

If you are the first to get this (on V-Talk) please write a review for others to benefit.

I did find some reviews of the mod over at another (and inferior) forum as well as a you tube video, in Japanese.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=infinity+mod+review+notcigs

I had a Buzz, in fact, it was my first VV mod so I will always remember it for that, I did a review of it last year you can find here:

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/6307-the-buzz-final-review-update/

I can not find any information on the site about warranty, I think you would want to find that out first especially for such a "new" device. I think it was released within the past month or 2. The owner is a nice guy, I do recall speaking to him about the Buzz and enjoying the discussion. I did sell my Buzz because i had the opportunity to have 2 Jokers and didn't need it as backup but it worked just fine and I liked it, even if I wasn't crazy about the looks of it. This device surely looks better. The batteries are a bit uncommon for e-cig mods and the kit doesn't specify how many you get with the kit. You will want 4 so you are not waiting for them to charge.

Doesn't seem to have a drip well but can't tell for sure as there is only one picture of the device.

It is probably safe to assume that because it is so new you are getting the "first gen" model and for me, that must have a good warranty and you should consider the price of return shipping.

As far as battery life, it is rated the same as the original eGo, I would expect 3-4 hours of run time. Mah ratings can be deceiving and my estimate is a guess, of course.

It is priced to move and the design looks pretty good and familiar. I would suggest contacting the owner to discuss the mod with him, I expect he would be forthcoming to you.

If you are the first to get this (on V-Talk) please write a review for others to benefit.

I did find some reviews of the mod over at another (and inferior) forum as well as a you tube video, in Japanese.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=infinity+mod+review+notcigs

I am interested in the Infinity, but if one else has used, or has anything good to say about it, then I will most likely save up for the ProVari since, despite it still being new, no one has said anything negative about...that I can find anyway. The battery life is important to me, but I could sacrifice a longer lasting battery for a great vape (although this is NOT the case with a ProVari, apparently!).

Oh, forgot to mention, contacted the owner, will wait for his reply.

Edited by PsychoMaster

Okay, the Infinity has a 6 month warranty and lasts 6-8 hours on a heavy vape, according to the owner. Sounds interesting, I would like more battery life, but maybe there are better batteries that could fit...idk. I will think about the Infinity as it is cheap and wouldn't really be a waste.

Edited by PsychoMaster

Darn PsychoMaster, now you have me looking at Mods!!!! :wallbash:

What do you think of the Precise 18650? The cost is a little high, $160, but I like the way it looks and the replacement parts seem reasonable. :question:

A little late to the thread but first of all congrats on the Job. I was out of work for over seven months beginning in early 2009 through most of the summer and it was just the worst feeling in the world - I was very happy when it ended and as it turns out landed in place that was much better than the one I left so with every change is an opportunity.

I am (no so) patiently waiting for my first mod to arrive. I went with an Ali'i mostly for the bottom feeder and the variable voltage option. Being on the go a lot, with business trips and long long long road trips I needed something that would allow me to vape for long periods of time on a set of batteries and without the need to drip. The Ali'i has a 6 ML bottom fed bottle so that should keep me going for 100's of miles while driving my roadster across the country.

I guess the point I am making is a mod really should meet your core needs, what are you going to need it to do and blend into your lifestyle. Good luck in the new job and equally as good of luck with whatever choice you make.