Help!

drummingchef

I purchased a blu cig, not knowing much about e-cigs. Battery life sucks, vapor is decent, flavor is good but faint, virtually no throat hit just a little itch or "tickle" on the EXHALE, but all the good things about blu are inconsistent. I am wanting to use e-cigs to try to quit smoking, so the appearance is some what important but not a priority. I am a pack a day smoker, so throat hit and battery life to me is most important. 2nd would be vapor production. 3rd would be flavor ( but I am not sure if the device has anything to do with how strong or vivid the flavor is, or if that's just dependent of the juice itself ), and lastly being appearance. I don't want anything TOO tiny ( because of battery life ), but I also don't want to look and feel like I am smoking a bong either, and also because of convenience of travel a transportation. So what do you all think would be the optimal e-cig for me?

I'd say (and many others will too, once they are awake!) to get an eGo or a knock-off of such a device (Riva, Tornado). It is about the thickness of some smaller cigars and depending on the mAh, either short or long.

The different ways to enjoy it are mounting up: atomizers with cartidges, cartomizers, tanks with their respective atomizers, and drip tips on atomizers. I've had my eGo since September and it's worked really great. I use an atomizer with a drip tip while at home and cartomizers when driving.

There are lots of places to purchase liquid to enjoy. You won't find one that tastes like your favorite brand of smokes because there is so much else in them that give them their "special" (ick!) taste. After a while you'll be ordering up many different flavors that sound good to you to see what you like the best. I like coffee types because, well, coffee tastes good to me. I also like more smooth flavors like caramel and toffee. I didn't end up caring for really sweet candy liquids or fruity flavors, though I thought I would. Lots of places sell sample size liquids and you can order a bunch to see what you'd order in a larger size later.

The Noobie Guide and the Jargon For Noobs posts here will help tons on the basics.

We're glad you're here and want to kick that pack a day habit with something better than the blu. Feel free to ask any other questions you have! We're happy to help.

I started out with a 510 back in December 2009, but in June (or was it May?!) 2010, I purchased an eGo...and so far I can safely say now that it was perhaps the next best thing since I bought myself a 510 starter kit. The others are pretty much the same as an eGo, though I do not know the exact estimate cost for them. The VaporTalk Store does have some eGos on stock, I believe, but if you're more interested in the Riva, Tornado, ect., it never hurts to look around. If you check on where there is the list of suppliers in the main forum, they're bound to have the right electronic cigarette for you on stock.

My eGo

^ This link here should give you an idea what the eGo looks like, though it would be shorter and not have the "whistle tip" mouthpiece like mine does. Mine has a mega battery and a eGo atomizer, so I deeply apologize for providing a picture that is different from what a standard eGo would look like. They do come in different colors rather than just my black one. I do hope this was helpful for you.

I too bought all the stick "cigarette looking" batteries at the beginning. I was a very heavy, nervous smoker for 30 yrs 2-3 ppd and could blow through the stick batteries in well under an hour. Like 30-45 mins, ESPECIALLY when driving....or watching tv. I was rotating 6 of those batteries. I use KR808 devices and had accumulated between my husband and myself hundreds upon hundreds of cartos....so I didn't want to switch to an ego or some other device that the 808 cartos wouldn't work on. I think for most people starting we want something that resembles a cigarette as close as possible. But even the XL batteries do not have a good battery life even though they say 4-6 hours vaping....I guess if you smoked half a pack a day or something that might be true, but i got NOTHING near that kind of battery life. Now I have basically the 808 version of the riva....it is 750mah, and fully charged I get under 5 hours life, even though others get 8-12 (which is how it is marketed). I wouldn't get anything with less mah than this. The good thing is that with the turbo charger these batteries are fully charged in two hours. I don't know if I would have liked it in the beginning because it looks nothing like a cigarette. It is shorter and thicker, and it comes in gold or black, so doesn't look at all like a cig. BUT it is much better battery life than the small stick type batteries.

The flavors vary A LOT. The same flavor from 5 different vendors will all be different. I too am into the coffee type flavors...cappuccino, pumpkin spice, white chocoate, etc....they are smoother type flavors, not sticky sweet. In the beginning I liked the fruity flavors. The flavor thing sort of evolves...what you like in the beginning may not be what you like down the road as your taste buds recover from the smoking. You might also want to stick to vendors of liquid like vapor renu (vaporrenu.com) where you can get double and triple flavor, 4 different levels of thoat hit and various other options. They custom blend all their liquids, per your order, when you order. Many other places give you a choice of mg and that is about it...it is all just premixed, prepackaged stuff. I haven't had anything yet from vapor renu that I didn't at least like....so far none that I won't vape or dislike. Right now I am vaping the aforementioned three flavors...alone and in various combinations with each other.....I get their stuff regular strength, can't even imagine it double or triple flavor. Another great thing is the price, they are the cheapest price I have found anywhere, but the best liquid. But flavor is very personal and subjective. Don't be afraid to try flavors because really the stuff I am vaping a year ago I would NEVER have thought I would be vaping. It is a journey and it does change over time. But that is part of the fun. Like everyone says, no flavor tastes like tobacco....mainly because no matter what you do, you aren't burning tobacco, and that is part of the taste of a cig. Plus a huge part of taste is smell and there just is nothing that smells like a cig except a cig. But that really turns out to be a good thing. I NEVER EVER thought I could quit smoking. I tried everything through the years and even during the various "quittings" I knew it wouldn't last...I missed the ACT of smoking. To me that is the best thing about vaping....I get to do the inhaling, exhaling, having the thing in my hand, etc. Blowing the vapor is about as close as you could get to blowing smoke.....I love it, so does my husband, he was a much lighter smoker so while he really likes vaping, I love it. I can't say enough about it.

Anyway, welcome, glad you are making a healthier choice for yourself!! Lots of great people and info here!

Welcome to Vapor Talk! Definitely go with the eGo. It has great battery life and the 510 attomizer delivers a nice punch. However, keep in mind that throat hit is mostly a factor of the nicotine level in the eliquid. The lower the nic level, the less throat hit you'll get. I smoked 1 1/2 packs a day and now vape 24mg. For a pack a day smoker I would suggest 18-24mg. The eGo has become quite versatile now with lots of options if you want to try something different down the road (Low Resistance attomizers, the new Tank attomizer, etc).

Welcome drummingchef, glad you found VT this soon into your e cig experience. I too started with the cigarette looking ecigs and was getting frustrated and thought it wasn't going to work out well. But then, I found VT and everyone help direct me as to what to buy and where to find videos on direct dripping, refilling carts, and the wonderful world of cartos and tanks. When I got my ego from VT Store, I was in heaven. Within a matter of minutes I was filling and vaping with a cartomizer. Man what a difference! A week or so ago, I ordered the Tornado Tank atomizer and carts from Totally Wicked. Unfortunately the atomizer did not work (DOA), but TW quickly responded to my email and instructed me to send it back to them. This does happen occasionally. Like everything else, sometimes things just don't work. The great thing about VT Forum, the members, with their experience and feedback, helped me find good vendors to buy from so when something happens I don't have to worry about customer service. No matter where you get juice from, that is not returnable. So at first, order a small quantity to see if you like the taste and the nic strength. Make sure you check out the difference between PG and VG. I'm sorry but I am still quite new on VT forum and I haven't been able to figure out how to post links to videos or web pages. But, PG and/or VG is what is added to liquid nic (besides flavoing). PG is thinner then VG and if you are direct dripping VG is great because you get a lot of vapor. But when you are filling carts/cartos you would not want 100% or a high VG. Buying prefilled carts/carto is not the best idea. They are so easy to fill your self and its less expensive.

Check out the forum, do searches or just post any questions you might have. Experience vapers will be able to answer any of your questions. Also, VT Store has some really good eliquids and they sell empty cartos. I personally love their Dulcis and Midnight eliquids. Their prices are comparable to the other reputable vendors and they have super fast shipping. They stand behind their products and the customer service is the best.

Good luck and welcome again. :thumbsup:

What's the difference between the standard eGo and the eGo T Tanks?

The only difference is the type of attomizer that comes with the kit. The Tank attomizer is the newest thing with vaping... With the tank attomizers, you use tanks that hold 1.2ml of eliquid. When the tank is inserted into the attomizer it get punctured and allows the eliquid to feed the attomizer. I haven't tried one yet, but so far the feedback has been positive. With either kit you can use regular 510 attomizers or the tank attomizers. So, no matter which one you choose at the start, you can buy either attomizer (and there are some other options also) for it. If you go with the eGo-T, you can use regular attys on it, or if you go with the standard eGo, you can use Tank attys on it if you want to try them sometime.

well I appreciate everyone's great advice! After taking in the advice given on here, and doing more research of my own, I am going to go with the eGo. I will get either the standard or the tank system. Probably the standard just to try it out, since I can just buy the atty and the tanks when I'm ready (the eGo's all being interchangeable is genius to me!). But first thing's first, I have to return my blu in through the mail to get my money back since I am still under my 30 day money back guarantee (we'll see well how that goes). Then, use that money to buy my eGo. Once I receive it and try it out for a day or two, I will come back and let ya'll know what I think about it! Thank you again for the advice!!!

Good luck in returning your Blu! You are going to love the eGo. I started off with just the regular eGo kit. I added the 900 mah battery (more vaping time) and I am waiting for the Tornado Tank atty I ordered from Totally Wicked to come in. Your right, you can add on as you go. :thumbsup:

Well, I returned my blu a couple of days ago. Haven't got my money back yet, but I went to Vapor Galaxy and ordered the eGo tank, late last night. It has already been shipped and the ETA is Monday. I also went to Vapor Renu and ordered a 30ml bottle of re(4)nu Menthol, which is supposed to be Vapor Renu's version of the RY4, with menthol. Got a double flavor shot, 24mg nic, medium throat hit, and 60/40 blend (60% PG/40% VG). So I am looking forward to receiving everything, and getting my money back from blu! Thanks for everyone's advice and I will be back on here when I receive all the products to do a review of the ego-t and the juice I purchased! Special thanks to the VT administrator for supplying me with the coupon code for Vapor Galaxy! Saved me nearly $7 on my purchase!

Special thanks to the VT administrator for supplying me with the coupon code for Vapor Galaxy! Saved me nearly $7 on my purchase!

LOL! Never buy without a coupon code. :thumbsup: Seriously, most vendor (not all, but most) have discount codes floating around. If you can't find one for a particular vendor, ask. :)