Your cart is empty!
View Cart Checkout
Cart subtotal: $0.00
Welcome to Vapor Talk E Cig Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Water In Your Lungs?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Ouster

Ouster

VT Member

• VIP Member
  • 95 posts
Hey
I was hit with a comment/question at work this week I didnt really have an answer too. One of the guys I work with, who is interested in starting to vape, told me that someone had told him that vaping would cause a person to have water in their lungs, and may lead to to illness like ammonia. Ive just started looking into it..if anyone has an info on this...plz post. Thanks guys

Edited by Ouster, 06 August 2010 - 04:48 AM.

Kragax

Kragax

Mega Poster

• VT Member
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Competive Shooting, Computers, Vaping
There may be some extra humidity going in but, PG is a dissicant in itself. I don't belive it is an issue.

Jeffb

Jeffb

I always will be awesome

• V|T Admin
  • 8,255 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas & getting caught in the rain
Any water vapor imposed on the lungs from vaping will be absorbed.

FTJoe

FTJoe

Vapor Talk Veteran

• VIP Member
  • 2,228 posts
We've talked about this a while back. No real difference as far as we can figure between this and a vaporizer, sauna...when my daughter's asthma kicked up we ran a shower hot and stuffed her in the bathroom, humid days, etc.

Christopher

Christopher

The Godfather

• Vapor Talk Founder
  • 9,655 posts
While I'm not a doctor I doubt its enough to fill you lungs. I can't give an exact medical responce but vaping has been around almost 5 years now, if this was the case something would have come up by now.

We do know however without a shadow of a doubt the smoking does cause cancer ;)

Jeffb

Jeffb

I always will be awesome

• V|T Admin
  • 8,255 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas & getting caught in the rain
Smoking bad :thumbsdown:
Vaping good :thumbsup:

FTJoe

FTJoe

Vapor Talk Veteran

• VIP Member
  • 2,228 posts
Past discussions in case they help...

http://www.vaportalk...dpost__p__39837

http://www.vaportalk...dpost__p__38195

Jolly

Jolly

Supreme Poster

• e Cig Supplier
  • 823 posts

We've talked about this a while back. No real difference as far as we can figure between this and a vaporizer, sauna...when my daughter's asthma kicked up we ran a shower hot and stuffed her in the bathroom, humid days, etc.

+1

when i had thought about this on my own, i said; "well if a sauna is fine then this should be".
I'm not sure about the whole "PG is a disinfectant in itself", i know it's used in some of them. that could have to do with more of the effect it has on the skin though. it makes your hands soft because it absorbs water. it's thought that it makes skin soft due to pulling water to the surface of hands when you apply the disinfectant to them.

FTJoe

FTJoe

Vapor Talk Veteran

• VIP Member
  • 2,228 posts
Here's me being a jerk in another discussion about inhaling PG.

http://www.vaportalk...dpost__p__31815

Bottom line is there were studies done with minimal inhalation to make sure fog machines were okay for actors on Broadway (I think). I think they used to pump it into a children's ward at a hospital and studied how those kids were healthier, talk of pumping it into the air at airports, etc. So I ain't too worried.

nana

nana

Vapor Talk God Poster

• VIP Member
  • 3,322 posts
I don't have an answer, but I can say - without a doubt - that I breath a whole lot easier now than I did a year ago.