Vamo V5 thread issue?

Tw1sted

Hi All,

I just ordered a SS Vamo V5 from Fasttech http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10004394/1491700 $32.43 w/Free Shipping!

And I've been reading reviews on it and some people have voiced concerns over the threads being fragile.

Does anyone have any experience with these, and if so, have you had any issues with the threads?

I work with sheetmetal so I understand the importance of being delicate with threads, if there is a potential issue is there anything I could do to avoid it?

I just ordered a Davide fullsize and I was hoping to keep that on the V5 fulltime.

On another note, the V5 has not shipped yet and will not ship until next week, I probably have enough time to cancel the order and buy something else.. Any reccomendations for a similar mod? I'd like to keep my price range under $60 for just the mod, I don't need a kit.

Been using a V3 for about 4 months now with no issues except the spring that holds the battery in is a little weak and over time needs to be stretched a bit to re-expand it or the unit will turn off because the battery will lose contact. The threads are like anything else, just don't cross thread. Had no issues here and use both the 510 and the Ego connection regularly.

Well if that's the normal then I've got nothing to worry about, based on the few negative reviews I read I thought there was something seriously wrong with the threads that made them prone to wearing off faster than normal. People have even gone far enough as to suggest using an "Air Controller" to help save them.

Well if that's the normal then I've got nothing to worry about, based on the few negative reviews I read I thought there was something seriously wrong with the threads that made them prone to wearing off faster than normal. People have even gone far enough as to suggest using an "Air Controller" to help save them.

In all honesty I pay very little attention to reviews anymore. Your experience will be as varied as the reviews are. I see things that have hundreds or thousands of reviews. Some things will have a lot of very good reviews, not many in the middle, and several very low. I think there is as much "user error" that goes into reviews as actual information on a lot of things. I trust a few people on here that I have gotten to know and their advice and to be honest never really read reviews on liquids and hardware anymore.

You can always put, what is it, nichrome on it?

I mean, I'll look at like Busardo's reviews, but obviously, the reviews don't tell you how they stand the test of time, you have to dig deeper to find that - and I found that out the hard way when my zmax's button started malfunctioning, and THEN I did the research on problems with it.

I appreciate the responses, for a brief moment I had that anxious feeling like I made a bad choice going with the V5, but the price was right and I feel it should be a nice upgrade from the twist v.v I'm using now.

Just got my Vamo V5 and the threads are smooth. So far I like it better than the SID.It is a little smaller around and feels better in my hand. My SID is acting up after its dunk so this Vamo is going to be my everyday unit. Could just be me, but I swear it has better vapor production that the SID at the same settings. Thinking it has better air flow.