eGo twist vs Mods?

For the past couple of years I've been using an ego c-twist with clearomizers and they've worked great, but my current set is barely holding a charge and I'm considering trying something different like these "mods" I keep reading about. My question is, what makes something like a vtube, provari or other mod so much better than a VV ego? Do they last longer or produce more vapor? What is considered to be the top mods and why? If I'm going to buy one, I'd rather go ahead and spend the money for the best of the best. What would you suggest and where can I find it for a fair price? Also, I've been using ce4 clearomizers. Do these still work with mods like the provari? If not, what's a good clearomizer or tank that will work? Sorry for all the questions but I'd really like to be well informed before I invest in one of these.

Edited by Rattlehead

Ok mods are wired to hold a consistent voltage unlike a twist. When a twist gets close to needing a recharge it doesn't holds the voltage you have it set on. If you set a mod at lets say 4.5v out will stay there until the battery it's dead.

Ok mods are wired to hold a consistent voltage unlike a twist. When a twist gets close to needing a recharge it doesn't holds the voltage you have it set on. If you set a mod at lets say 4.5v out will stay there until the battery it's dead.

not all mods do this, just so that op understands.

your right blu but all APV's SHOULD do this. Mechanicals however dont. They are built to be push and play type mods. The APV's however have circuitry that actually make the device draw enough power to supply the set voltage or wattage until the battery is dead or up until the last 2 draws. The egos only stay consistent until about 1/4 battery life left, then they slowly drop down from there. :)

Thanks for the comments. So what do you guys think about the vtube or lavatube? Would something like that be good, or should I go ahead and get the Provari?

Thanks for the comments. So what do you guys think about the vtube or lavatube? Would something like that be good, or should I go ahead and get the Provari?

really whats your budget like? I will tell you, you cant go wrong with the provari. Its an amazing APV. But if you dont want to drop that much money on an APV right away i would try something like the VAMO or the ZMAX both are great for the price and are pretty user friendly. I keep seeing the SVD being recommended lately but i dont have any experience with the SVD so its all up to you. :)

Tesla is a great unit, built like a tank, but some don't like it, I do...and the EVic is anther good choice, hard to blow a head, does most of the adjusting for you, and if your into it, programmable option via PC. There's a lot of great units out there, but they like to hang in crowds!!

Ok, so after watching a few youtube reviews, this VAMO looks pretty interesting. Can someone tell me who has the best price on it in "kit" form.. including battery, charger, etc? I'd like a stainless steel one if possible.

Edited by Rattlehead

http://vaportalk.com/marketplace/vamo-v2-2013-kit-black-chrome.html

little bit more expensive but there you go :)

Thank you. I believe I will order this kit:

http://vaportalk.com/marketplace/vamo-v2-2013-kit-black-chrome.html

Do you recommend a different clearo or tank for this rather than the included CE4? Also, I see that this kit is the VAMO V2 and the other was the V3.. Does that matter?

Thanks so much for all your help. :)

Thanks for all the help and comments in this thread.. After watching a ton of youtube vids and reading a bunch of reviews, I ended up ordering a Provari. I almost got the VAMO which a lot of people seem to like, but I really like the idea that the ProVari is made here in the USA and it seems to get a lot of great reviews too. Can't wait to get it!

My husband has the Vamo V2 and won't change! He uses his with dual coil carto's and his menthol juice and has no problems, He tried the segeli and went back to the Vamo because of the button menu. Check the marketplace here...lots of great vendors!