808 cartomizer comparison review

SonjaWi

I've tried now three types of cartomizers over the last week, and wanted to give you a review of them.

Kanger 808 Cartomizers (1.80 per piece)

Pros: Cartomizer soft cap is super easy to remove, I need no needle or anything, can just pop it out with my fingers, which makes inbetween dripping a breeze.

Cons: out of five that came with my set, two had a terrible burning undertone.

Boge 808 Cartomizers (1.60 per piece)

Pros: seem to be a little tighter filled than the Kanger's Cartomizers and seem to hold a few drops more.No dead ones so far in the 10 I ordered.

Cons: I actually need some tool to remove the soft cap, which means I can't just easily redrip. I also have the feeling that I have to suck a bit stronger to get a nice hit, probably because its filled tighter.

And the winner is:

Ikenvape Mega Cartomizer (1.85 per piece)

Pros: This is the Cartomizer for people who do not want to redrip all the time. This Cartomizer holds about 70 drops. I prepared it in the evening and used it the next morning to start vaping. Holy cow! This is my kind of cartomizer - set it and forget it.

Cons: the soft cap is here also flush with the cartomizer so you need a tool to get in. However, as you don't have to refill as often, it does not matter as much.

Edit: I smoke 50/50 juice, mainly clear, but also have one dark juice in the rotation, so the performance with other juice consistency might be different.

Edited by SonjaWi

Thanks for your review! You might just want to ditch the soft cap and use a drip tip. I find that using the universal drip tip and a regular drip tip on top of that very handy. The long universal keeps you from getting juice in your mouth when vaping. It might look a little funny and much longer but I love these things! You can get those at Empire Mods.

http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/chrryuni.htm

If you doesn't has a drip tip you can cut down a cart that you would use with a DSE 901 attie so it fits in without hitting the filler but is still long enough to get a good hold.Way easier to remove and no hot metal in your mouth.I have used 510 carts as well but prefer the thin flat tip 901 carts.

agreed with the others on the drip tip. and i pretty much agree with your reviews though personally i stick with the lr boges when i'm using my 808s.

keep in mind as well that what battery your'e using it on will make a difference. if your'e using those kanger horizontal coils on a freshly charged gen1 battery then that is why your'e getting a burnt taste. horizontal coil carto's don't play nice with gen1 808 batteries. the same goes vice versa. vertical coil carto's produce little vapor at all on a gen2 battery and honestly just perform poorly.

gen 2 battery-horizontal coil carto= win!

gen1 battery-vertical coil lr carto= win!

anything else, not so much. some parts just don't mix and match well.