The New Cartomizers....

AARONH

Got in a couple of cartomizers for my Ego(ordered 5, but only got two)...I liked them at first, they vaped good, easy to fill. Was just wondering why they die out so fast. Don't get me wrong, I wondered why they are only like $1.90 each. How are they built differently. Seems like they should last as long as a regular atty?? They come in handy, as I have an hour and 20 min commute to work, and I don't like to drip and drive (guilty).:whistle:

If you are talking about these... Mine should arrive today or tomorrow.

I figured if I get more then a day or 2 out of them, it is still cheaper than analogs. I am told they will last a week. For me they will last a while because I will only be using them while driving.

If you are talking about these... Mine should arrive today or tomorrow.

I figured if I get more then a day or 2 out of them, it is still cheaper than analogs. I am told they will last a week. For me they will last a while because I will only be using them while driving.

Well....the ones I bought where .....these I am ok with them lasting a couple of days for a buck 90, but just wondered how they were built, and what makes them die out?....you know...like, what wears out on them......BTW, whenever I read your posts dude, all I can hear in my head is the voice of The Incredibles...LOL!

@Aaronh, LOL.

No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.

I think we need someone that knows the guts of these, but I think the coil gets junked up and there is no good way to clean it because the filling surrounds the coil.

I have heard there are cleaning methods that can prolong the carto.

i got my cartos at the start of october. every last one still works

one i even got hot enough to melt the black sticker on the outside. am actually vaping that one right now.

so rocking these for about 3+ months now.

also i am guesssing you guys are doing 3.7v with like an ego or something. i use mine on 5v

maybe you guys arent keeping them wet and then burning them out.

Each cartomizer is designed to be used no longer than 1 week. It's sort of like asking why an engine stop working at 100,000 miles, sure some cars go much longer, but at the end of the day the motor wears out and is only meant to last so long.

There is a number of things that happens to a cartomizer over time. 1. The filler starts to burn up. 2. The coil becomes gunked up with dried up liquid. Over time it just doesn't work well. You can keep using it if you choose to, but the factory states they haven't been tested for longevity over a long period of time. (IMO Vaping a cartomizer with burnt filling probably can't be that great for you) :)

i got my cartos at the start of october. every last one still works

one i even got hot enough to melt the black sticker on the outside. am actually vaping that one right now.

so rocking these for about 3+ months now.

also i am guesssing you guys are doing 3.7v with like an ego or something. i use mine on 5v

maybe you guys arent keeping them wet and then burning them out.

Yeah Jolly, I am vaping at 3.7...Just seems like it's not making as much vapor as when new. I kept it wet by topping it off. IDK??? Would like to hear from other peeps using these to see what they think using 3.7.

Hi Aaronh - I also use those cartomizers with my ego. What I have found is: it depends on the thickness of the liquid as to how long they last! I do find myself 'dripping' into them more frequently than I like. I start with first fill of about 25 drops and after a few draws find I have to drip to keep it moist. Now - I think what my husband uses is better. He cannot see so I am the filler - he uses the XL ego cartomizer. He is a moderate vaper and I only fill it once per day for him with 1ml of liquid. He uses VG and one of these lasts 2 to 3 weeks on once a day 'needle' filling.

The thing about cartomizers or any atty for that matter is that the just aren't made to last for ever. I've got some that have lasted me for over a month and some have died in as little as 3toots. Being an electronic device and as small as the coil is there just isn't any way to make them 100%. I have found that the Boge 2.0LR cartos seem to last me a little better but I vape on them constantly to the point that they just wont draw anymore. I'm sure the viscosity of the liquid has something to do with how long they will last, but my juices are either all pg or a 80/20 mix. But if you put it in perspective to a pack of smokes....going through 2 cartos a week at $2.50 is a whole lot better than 14 packs of analogs at $5.00 a pk.

I too try to make a carto last forever until I think about the difference in prices between what I'm spending on cartos a week compared to what I use to spend on analogs a week.

I'll take the cartos thank you!

These cartos last about 4-5 days for me if I keep them wet. I use them at all voltages and the work very well. I like to use a 510 drip tip with them so its easier to keep them topped off after the initial fill. Using a pg based juice will also help them last longer (vg tends to not wick as well and it can clog them quickly).

I don't know if any of this applies to these kind of cartomizers, but I don't see why it wouldn't. I use the KR808 cartos and I have hundreds upon hundreds, most likely over a thousand of them, but I have had about 60 in rotation for a year. Every 3-5 refills (when they start to have a funky taste), I boil them. I usually do like 20 at once. I boil them in a $10 hot pot. If you don't know what that is, it is like an electric kettle, but it reaches boiling in a minute, you plug it in. I use this so I can do it in the master bath, instead of being stuck in the kitchen. Anyway, I boil them, for about 5 minutes, change the water, because it will be stinky, and I keep doing this, boiling 5 to 10 minutes until the water is not stinky and not dirty and it is clean water. Then I boil them again for good measure for awhile. It is probably a couple hours of boiling while I watch tv, am online etc, Then I rinse them in cold water and blow all the water out from the top end (oh and all the little caps are taken off and rinsed off too). Then i leave them standing on the connector end to dry out a couple days. Then refill with juice and they are as good as new. The next go around I do the same thing with them, and then soak them in everclear or some cheap vodka (no rubbing alcohol or anything that is not meant to be put in the body), I soak them for a few hours. Then I boil them to make sure all the alcohol is out of them. Dry for a couple days and they are SO clean they are like never filled cartos. In a year of vaping we have only had like 10 cartos die. For a "disposable" device they sure are lasting. There are vids on youtube showing this whole process.....that is how I originally started doing it, and I am glad I did. I have saved A LOT of money not paying $2 for each carto. On these they say you should get a day or two out of them.....I was a heavy smoker (2+ppd) so I could easily go through a whole 5 pack in a day or day and a half.

So I don't know if these cartos are the same, but it appears they are, just to fit a different style of battery. It sounds like a big fiasco in writing but it really isn't. It is nothing. I easily do this in the evening while watching a movie, working on art, or surfing the web. I have a couple of filled gallon ziplocs of washed cartos that we haven't even started using because we have so many being used now. I have about 60 of them and my husband has easily 150 because he vapes like 8 different flavors...I only use one. If you google "washing cartomizers" or "cleaning cartomizers" you can find the videos showing various methods....I use a combo of them. It DOES work, and the people that say the everclear is a problem are usually the ones that aren't boiling afterward.....you have to clean out the alcohol otherwise obvious the filler will taste like it. And I have torn apart cartos, there has NEVER been burnt filler....BUT there is dark brown crap near the inner part which I suspect is burnt and reburnt juice. If you burn polyfil it smells like burning plastic, which has a VERY distinct odor, and I don't think that coil gets anywhere near the temperature where that could happen. AND it would be melted, and no longer fluffy and loose, and I have found NOTHING like that, I did it in a couple really crappy tasting cartos, just to see what was going on in there. No burnt filler. Anyway, we have had excellent results with this method and on the vids people say they have used the same carto for 3 years with no problems at all.

at first I was afraid the labels would boil off or I would mess up the atty in there, but nope, labels still firmly affixed (would LOVE to know what the heck kind of adhesive that is!!!), and attys inside perfectly fine. You do kill one every now and then, like maybe out of 50 one dies, but big deal. That is like nothing. The MAIN thing when you do the everclear is to MAKE SURE you get it all out. I probably boil excessively to make sure, but better too clean I figure. I have had GREAT success with doing this. In the past 8 months all we have bought it juice. We used to buy prefilled cartos, like every flavor known to mankind....we accumulated a TON of cartos. Then I came across all the cleaning info and was like awesome. Everclear is sort of expensive, so I switched to the cheapest vodka. The main thing is that it is a high alcohol content with NO flavor or sugar. . . and it has to be like alcohol you can consume, not any other kind of thing. Good luck....we have saved tons of money, and the cartos have been cleaned literally dozens of times.