Flavor

kev

ok so when i first got my ego i got a bottle of 18mg menthol juice. hit pretty hard in the throat and lots of flavor.

ordered some sample juices from Juicy Vapor at 0mg nic (I've not been a smoker for a long time, so I don't need the nic really).

I got the 80/20 pg/vg mix and I gotta say I can barely taste the flavor and it doesn't hit the throat AT ALL. I only taste it on exhale and even then it's pretty weak, as if I smelled some faint scent.

to what should I attribute this issue with little flavor and no throat hit, is it:

a. bad juice

b. reduced pg

c. 0mg nic

d. all of the above

? helps please.

Edited by kev

Well I do know that nic and pg are what gives you the throat hit, when you reduce both of those the throat hit will be weaker. Some ppl have found some 0 nic juices that do still give you throat hit, but I do not know the details on them.

Menthol is over all one of the strongest flavors and throat hit. many 0 nic liquids lack throat hit. There are a few options and a bit of trial and error.

1. Can try adding some menthol to your existing flavor. The menthol will add some throat hit and enhances the flavor a bit. With Menthol-a little goes a long way.thumbsup.gif

2. add flavoring to your current flavor. Loranns candy flavoring My link--concentrated flavoring. The flavors have been used with varying degrees of success. I like the raspberry, watermelon, cotton candy, champagne, english toffee and pina colada.

Flavourart- My link. I have had better luck with this brand. not as concentrated, but like the flavors a bit better. The arctic menthol is great for that extra kick.

3. DIY flavorshack My link.

4. Ms. T's Bakery My link.

finding the right flavors can be a bit of a challenge.

Others will chime in with more suggestions.

When I first started vaping, the only flavor I could taste at all was menthol. I wasn't a menthol smoker, so I looked for something else. Except I couldn't taste any other flavors. Still can't for the most part. There are only a couple of vendors who have liquid I can taste. I've added Lorann's flavorings to my liquid and I can taste those. Maybe you can try that. Some people have trouble tasting liquid until their taste buds come back to life (which doesn't seem to be my problem), but since you say you were smoke free for a long time, I doubt that's your problem either.