510 Vs. 808

KSully

ok, so I just got my first ecig. As I'm vaping on it, I'm pondering if a 510 is better. I have a Nebula (KR808). wondering if it is more cost effective to have the 510 and direct drip. From the videos (with Phee) I saw that he only used 3 drops and when he was filling a 510 but the carto took a lot more on the 808. Soo, how often do you have to direct drip? I realize this is all personal preference, but would love to have opinions of expert vapers. Which do you prefer as a "veteran"? Please don't tell me "mod"...I'm so not there yet and it will confuse me..so just between the two! :unworthy:

Well, you have to drip those 3 drops every 5-6 puffs. I don't have a clue which way actually uses more juice... I think it really comes down to a personal preference of what works best for you. I prefer cartos so I don't have to drip every 5-6 puffs... but that's just me. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

interesting! another question...can I use liquid on a prefilled carto? I have an order out for some blanks and some liquid. But, just wondering. I don't want to throw them if I can fill them. :blink: I'd also like to say, I haven't had an analog since I got the ecig. I do have a slight craving for it, but the ecig seems to be filling the void, so far!!! :jump:

I direct drip. I tried the cartos and never liked them. But, I haven't tried the LR cartos, so that might possibly make a difference. Dripping doesn't bother me at all. I drip, vape awhile, maybe put it down for awhile - or not - then drip and vape again. It's just never been a big deal for me.

the 808 and 510 are pretty much the same size

the threading are different from the two as where the 510 threads stick out.

when you break it down 510 is what people tend to go with.

in all honesty it doesn't much matter because you can get an adaptor for any thread to any thread.

i would say start with 510 and then get a 510 to 808 adapter. then you can snag a few 808s and see how you like them.

mainly i say go with 510 because thats what most mods go with, so later down the line you can play with more devices as you mature in the vape scene.

now cartos vs attys

on a regular 3.7v ecig (like ego or any other standard device) the carto is going to suck unless its a low resistance one. hands down the atty will give you better vapor and taste. whe you use LR it evens that out. the lr attys aren't as good as lr cartos due to cartos staying wet and attys needing to have more of a chance to get dry and burn out or dry burn giving you a nasty taste.

as for something like a 5v device, you can run a 2.9-3.2ohm carto and never need to look back at attys again.

i use 5v ONLY, and ONLY with cartos. mainly because you sizzle up more juice per hit. dripping on a 5v device is a pain. those 3 drops last no time at all.

i did mod an eGo Mega atty and it would take 5 drips. loved it on 5v but still dripping i found to be something that i could cut out and just carto it up.

do this, get yourself both LR and regular cartos and attys. then use them and figure out what the best direction is for you.

just because we like something doesn't mean thats going to work for you.

I tend to do a little of both. When I'm just sitting around I usually drip. But when I'm out and about...say walking around the mall etc. then I use a cartomizer. It's just easier than dripping while you're shopping.

you're KR808d should be a good starter for you. You can refill your used carto's if you stick with the same basic flavor as what's in the carto...tobacco types,,,coffee types...fruit and so on. I think you will find that using a LR carto is really a good way to go, but every one's different so find what is right for YOU, not what's right for someone else. Keep us informed how it's going and enjoy.

Good luck and happy vaping.thumbup.gif

thank you all for the info!! Very helpful! I will def. keep you all informed. So, far I haven't had an analog since 12pm. I gave them to my mother...haha! And then told her that she needs an ecig! I'm excited to experiment and try new things with this and I'll, of course, come here first. You have all been so helpful! :thumbsup::unworthy:

Oh, and I'm singing the praises of vaping to everyone and posting all about it on Fb!! :clap:

Edited by KSully