Pass Through

nitekap

A Pass-Through (PT) is an ecig that you plug into a USB port or USB wall adapter. No battery needed. That has changed a little lately as some PTs are now batteries that you can charge while vaping. Pass Throughs that are not batteries generally give higher voltage (depending on the power source - usually 5 volts).

PT - not a battery

eGo PT at Vapor Talk Store (eGo battery that you can charge while vaping)

Vaprlife PT (mod)

A Pass-Through (PT) is an ecig that you plug into a USB port or USB wall adapter. No battery needed. That has changed a little lately as some PTs are now batteries that you can charge while vaping. Pass Throughs that are not batteries generally give higher voltage (depending on the power source - usually 5 volts).

PT - not a battery

eGo PT at Vapor Talk Store (eGo battery that you can charge while vaping)

Vaprlife PT (mod)

Thanks Brian, especially for the links. I feel smarter already...

I think the Joye eGo USB Passthrough has a battery as well so you can use the passthroguh while at your computer and then the battery while driving home or whatever.

Thats my plan anyways. I would like confirmation before I order.

I vape at my desk while at work, and I hate Uni-Tasker devices.

The eGo passthrough is the best thing since the wheel. You get the best of both worlds. Vaping while hooked up to a power source charging the battery. And then unplug and off you go.

Plus..if you want to you can get a car adapter and hook it up while driving. You almost never have to unplug it. Highly recommended !!!!thumbsup.gif

I think the Joye eGo USB Passthrough has a battery as well so you can use the passthroguh while at your computer and then the battery while driving home or whatever.

Well there is no such thing as an eGo passthrough, read what Brian said.

Nowhere does Janty list an eGo passthrough.

NEW ARRIVAL! This convenient eGo USB battery allows you to vape while you charge!

The Janty eGo USB battery allows the user to vape while charging the battery. This USB battery includes an astounding 5 foot USB charging cable allowing for ample mobility while charging.

There is no current passing through to fire atty, it's simply another battery device.

And if your are a Joye/Janty/eGo atty user you have to be very careful about the simple cord/switch/connector assemblies that vendors now like to call '5V PTs'.

Here's one vendors spiel.

This Passthrough runs at 5 Volts and requires 1 Amp (1000mAh) of power to run properly! (Don't Say we did not tell ya ;) )

(No you cant use Low Resistance Cartomizers or Atomizers on The 5 Volt Pass-Through.. They are meant for 3.7 Volts remember?

These run between 4.8-5.1 Volts depending on the power supply.

A 1 Amp (1000mA, there is no 'h') supply won't even fire a Joye atty as it will only provide about 2.2V, loaded volts.

While I see what your saying the bottom line is there really isn't a need "true" pt these days anyway. The whole point of a PT wasn't for extreme power it was for a constant vape back when batteries only last 45 minutes. These days units last well over 6 hours including 5 volt modifications.

While the eGo passthrough doesn't technically "passthrough" it will work from a dead charge, which bottom line, is what most new users want.