Proposed Ban In Seattle Area

Wow!!!! The logic behind the ban is non-existant. :thumbsdown:

totally no-existant logic. The FDA ruling is to regulate them under the tobacco act, not treat them like real cigarettes. Talk about bending the law!!!!

How stuuuupiddd can ya get. That's just plain ridiculous. That's as bad as banning coffee due to the caffein rising from the steam. Or banning ice cream cones because they make one too joyful around the kids which is bad for POSSIBLE obesity. Idiots!!! They were on the verge of drawing shoppers, movie goers, diners back that haven't spent locally in years... What's next, the internet? No vaping while opening shopping cart tabs... lol

Well so far it's only King county, and King county has always been more severe on BS laws and taxes. Hopefully the other counties don't follow their screwed up lead.:thumbsdown:

well neighboring pierce county is proposing the same thing now

Yeah this makes no sense. The whole point of vaping is to stay away from analog cig smoke! That is why I don't even bother vaping in public here. I just vape away in my house and my car. Saves me money from not sitting in a bar or restaurant and oh well, they lose my business. Plus saves me all the dirty looks...rolls eyes. All I keep hearing from non-smokers is their fear of second hand vape. Dumb!

• 1 month later...

OMG, this is the funniest response I have ever seen. If you read the news article on the link on Mark's post above...the whole reasoning is so childish, illogical and TOTALLY promoting a "nanny state". This ridiculous chairperson said that the ban is needed because of the "subliminal" message it sends to people, primarily children....that if someone is puffing away on something that looks identical to a cigarette it is sending the message that it is okay to smoke. So this guy wrote the following.....

"Posted by ecbot at 12/16/2010 12:26 p.m.

Think I'm going to buy a 3/8" wood dowel, cut it into 3.5" lengths and paint it white/orange with a little red on the end. While it won't emit smoke or vapor, I can probably imitate smoking with it in a bar. Then we'll see how long it takes to ban w-cigarettes (wood cigarettes). Just my little contribution to civil disobedience."

OMG, we should all do it, would THAT be hilarious in a restaurant or work place. Just sit there with something that looks IDENTICAL to a cigarette, but is doing NOTHING. See if that sends a subliminal message to others, primarily children to smoke. EVEN BETTER....show up at these idiotic hearing with our "w-cig".....I will volunteer to make them....I have TONS of paint and could make a VERY realistic looking w-cig. We would only need one....but even funnier to make a "pack" of them and carry them VERY obviously out in the open. Picture being in a public place doing this and handling it just like a cig.....pretend you are flicking ashes. Will they try and outlaw it???? OR what if you had an e cig, with NOTHING In the cartridge, in fact the battery could be uncharged.....if you are DOING nothing at all other than LOOKING like you have a cig, will they try and ban it, based on that illogic???? Talk about ridiculous! ROTFLMAOPIMP

I just read about that, but I am sure we are all aware that King County has a history of caving to big lobbyists, this comes as no surprise

our entire government has a history of that.....THAT is what all this banning BS is about.

Haha Juliery. That would be funny. I bet anything that some snively nosed doo gooder would start crying and go tattle on you.

I have heard that Spokane is considering a similar ban. :thumbsdown: Hopefuly we can stop it. Come on really here? We even have the vapor lounge and 2 other advertised vapor friendly establishments. something has to change before we lose all our rights and are all turned into politicaly correct brain dead sloths.