510 Atomizer Wick

JamesC

I'm pondering whether I should removed the wick or not from my 510 lr atomizer to direct drip. I'm still a noobie trying to figure things out and just want to know what you more experienced people do, whether removing the wick or not. Pros and cons?

Thanks,

I don't have the LR atomizers. But I have removed the wicks from the standard atomizers. It had its pros and cons. The cons outweighed the pros for me. I thought they leaked way too much after and it just made me frustrated.

Like juice this really is a personal preference. You do run the risk of damaging the atomizer if you pull the wick.

Edited by BirdDog

Thanks for the input

I don't have the LR atomizers. But I have removed the wicks from the standard atomizers. It had its pros and cons. The cons outweighed the pros for me. I thought they leaked way too much after and it just made me frustrated.

Like juice this really is a personal preference. You do run the risk of damaging the atomizer if you pull the wick.

It just makes it easier to drip. The point of the bridge was to stop cartridge fiber from entering into the heating area. If you're direct dripping then there is no need for it anymore. Just be sure to remove it carefully so as not to damage the heating element. :) (Another thing to keep in mind, this will void your warranty with most suppliers)

I think the wick helps keep the liquid in place ,I had more leakage when I tried removing it.But I don't do high voltage ,I can see where you would have burning issues at high voltage that would not occur with the wick gone.

I remove the wick because after a few days use my attys begin to taste horribly burnt - and not metallic, but chemical. I think I have sensitive taste buds though. I think maybe Chris misunderstood and is talking about the 'bridge'. I do not remove the bridge, only the wick which lies beneath the bridge itself. If you do try this be sure to use a penlight or something that will allow you to really see down in there. The slightest little fiber can contribute to a nasty burnt taste. And yes, it is possible to reach down in too far with your implement (I use very fine tipped tweezers) and damage the coil, however I have not damaged an atty yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I removed my wick after a couple weeks of using my atomizer, when I did, you could see the burnt ends on it. However I don't notice much of a difference besides the fact I got to drip more often. Leaking hasn't been much of an issue though for me unless I flat out just overfill it.