Low Resistant Cartomizers?

Elementgreen

I recently ordered a Joye 510 and I have been thinking about buying Cartomizers for them, instead of using regular cartridges. I've done quite a bit of research to make sure that it would be worth the money to at least try out. During my research I saw quite a bit about 2.0 ohm low resistant cartomizers... I hear that they're much more effective than the standard 510 carto's, but I really haven't found much information that really describes why they're better.

So should I invest in some LR Carto's from Vapor Kings? Or just go with the standard ones? Also, can you drip with the carto's after the poly fiber has kind of gone bad?

You really should do yourself a favor and grab some up to try. Just make sure you get the Boge cartos with the silver threads... they tend to be better in every aspect. They are better because they have a lower resistance which allows them to heat up faster and hotter. I use these on a daily basis and really like how well they perform. Also, if you haven't used a carto before, I would also recommend that you try them using a PG based e-liquid. VG based juices, from my experience, are simply too thick to work/wick well. Every time I've used a VG based juice after about 3 or 4 drags it started to dry out and the flavor would drop drastically. Some people have not had problems using VG... but you will find that the majority of folks will suggest using a PG based liquid because of these issues. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Of course, I will agree with Dayvape here...only thing, you may have some problems with low resistance on just a standard 510 battery. The battery life is fairly short to begin with, and supporting LR on something of that size may give you problems. I personally have tried it on my 510 batteries, and remember getting about a 30 min battery life with the LR BOGE 2.0 ohm cartos. Other than battery life, I'm not sure if there are any other negative aspects to using a lr atty or carto on a 510 due to the way it drains the battery, so hopefully someone with a little more knowledge on that can chime in. Hope this helps, and congrats on your new kit!

Thanks for the help guys. I did a bit of research on the kinds of liquids before purchasing any, so I'm set on that.

There's still another question that I have. Can carto's be used for dripping once the poly goes bad? Or should I just stick to atomizers for dripping?

As a new vaper I would suggest you start with a pack of the standard Boge 3.2Ω cartos. You need a reference point. You need a base to start with, to compare to. They won't go to waste. These will be easier for a novice to master and use, as there is a learning curve. How to refill, how often to refill, what it takes to avoid that 'burnt' taste etc. Master and understand the basics first, and note many folks are more that happy with high ohm atties and cartos.

It's odd as just a few months ago I was always in debates as many found fault with my recommendations for Joye 510's (which compared to all the other atties out there were LR) over the higher ohm imitations. Many claimed the Joyes were too hot, too harsh etc. While calling atties like the SLB/DSE 510's (3.2Ω) a much better choice.

Carto's are a great choice, especially for driving or when you can't drip. But the LR carto's aren't recommended for the smaller mah batteries like the standard 510.

They really are meant for the higher 450 and above range. They will kill your battery quicker if used on the standard 510.

That's why a lot of us suggest going with the eGo. Longer battery life and high Mah rating. But the 510 is a great starter kit. You wont go wrong with it.

You really can't "drip" with a carto because of the filler material, but after some use you will need to top it off with some more liquid.

Hope this helps a little. Any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Thanks again for the help. I'll probably end up ordering a pack of cartos and a drip tip or two this weekend. I'm kinda glad I didn't go ahead and order the low resistant ones.

Somewhere in the near future I'll order the eGo starter kit. At the time I was in the market for an e-cig I really didn't want to spend more than $50 on a kit.

You really can't "drip" with a carto because of the filler material, but after some use you will need to top it off with some more liquid.

Sure you can, and how do you think bottom-feeders like the WetBox work?. It's simply soaking the resistance wire (found in standard cartos) like dripping does. It certainly isn't just refilling the batting/filler around the tube. You can't just pop an empty carto on a bottom-feeder.

And FWIW a standard top-feeder with the feed tube shoved up against the inside wall of the mouthpiece works quite well with cartos as most of the liquid actually flows down the sides anyway, right onto the batting and also wetting the resistance wire. The CE2 cartos (with their little atty like coils) become vapor monsters when top-fed.

Sure you can, and how do you think bottom-feeders like the WetBox work?. It's simply soaking the resistance wire (found in standard cartos) like dripping does. It certainly isn't just refilling the batting/filler around the tube. You can't just pop an empty carto on a bottom-feeder.

And FWIW a standard top-feeder with the feed tube shoved up against the inside wall of the mouthpiece works quite well with cartos as most of the liquid actually flows down the sides anyway, right onto the batting and also wetting the resistance wire. The CE2 cartos (with their little atty like coils) become vapor monsters when top-fed.

Although this doesn't sound like info our "n00b" friend here really needs to know to "learn the ropes" of vaping, etc.

By the way ElementGreen... I totally thought that you said you had an eGo, I obviously read your original post wrong. I missed the fact that you have a 510 right now. Definitely shouldn't be going with the 2.0 cartos with that battery... as Snubber stated. So, your best bet would be, to stick with some standard cartos for now and see how you like them... along with atty's to do your direct dripping if you want. :t :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

You'll find better airflow and a more comfortable mouthfeel in a drip tip. They are easy to clean, an absolute must if you're dripping, and I like the draw with the larger hole in top. Drip tips come in aluminum, delrin plastic, acrylic, stainless steel, and even now coming out with pyrex glass. I started out with a stainless steel tip, but quickly realized that a plastic one for me is the way to go. They are inexpensive, and I know of at least 1 vendor who has about 6 different kinds for around a buck a piece. If you're putting in an order anyway, it would be a nice addition.

I couldn't agree more with Schlitzy... drip tips are essential as far as I'm concerned. They work great on attys and cartos alike... you can drip right through them when on an atty, and pop it off to top it off when on a carto! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

It's been only LR for me, whether it's Cartos or atty's. I'll never use standard, but I just tried a regular atty yesterday because we are out of LR ones. I wasted 3 drops of good juice in it. Only got a fraction of the vapor I get with LR's. For me, going from regular to LR is good thing, but going from LR to regular doesn't cut the mustard at all once you're used to how a LR performs. It seems to me LR's work great with the 3.7v Ego bat, but I don't think it's recommended to go HV with them, you may just fry em, or they won't last as long.

It's been only LR for me, whether it's Cartos or atty's. I'll never use standard, but I just tried a regular atty yesterday because we are out of LR ones. I wasted 3 drops of good juice in it. Only got a fraction of the vapor I get with LR's. For me, going from regular to LR is good thing, but going from LR to regular doesn't cut the mustard at all once you're used to how a LR performs. It seems to me LR's work great with the 3.7v Ego bat, but I don't think it's recommended to go HV with them, you may just fry em, or they won't last as long.

Yup, I'm told that the LR's really aren't recommended for the 510 batteries... I'm definitely investing in some LR equipment once I get an ego somewhere down the line.

Not sure... I'd honestly just wait to get an eGo before buying any LR carto's. Even if they did make a bigger battery for the 510 it still doesn't seem like a good idea. I think you'll be fine with dripped and the standard Boge 510 carto's.