Juice Question....

Y'all tell me if it's just me, or does everybody get this. When I first started (a whole week and a half ago, woot, LOL) I ordered a 0 nic Mentha from VT because he just happened to be out of it with nicotine in it. So, I was mixing that half and half with some high octane Mist from...somebody... At any rate, that flavor is heavenly. So imaging my excitement when Chris got in the Mentha with nicotine! But it doesn't seem to taste as good. It seems to have sort of a vaguely bitter flavor underneath. Is this just the difference in with nicotine and without? Do most of the juices taste better when they're straight juice without nicotine? Or am I just starting to slowly get my taste buds back? Or am I just weird? LOL. Clearly I'd like to get off the nicotine, but I'm not in a hurry because I KNOW I can stay off the analogs with my trusty eGo. I'm just curious. I don't know how I could enjoy vaping any more than I already do, but I guess anything's possible! :jump:

Zero nicotine liquid will always taste better than nicotine e liquid. This is because nicotine itself has a bitter taste. It tastes a lot like pepper. It doesn't smell great either, often times citric acid is used to neutralize the smell. So, your taste buds are right on. :)

Zero nicotine liquid will always taste better than nicotine e liquid. This is because nicotine itself has a bitter taste. It tastes a lot like pepper. It doesn't smell great either, often times citric acid is used to neutralize the smell. So, your taste buds are right on. :)

Aha, so I'm NOT crazy! Well, I'm crazy, but I was right about this. Thanks, Chris! There's my incentive to cut the nicotine down as quickly as I can and get to where I can just have fun with it. Gee, I wonder if I'll run out of flavors to try before I make it down to 0 nicotine? :innocent:

Some people who make their own juices (Where is Dave Larson anyways?) will suggest that you dont add nic when experimenting with flavors. However, I found exactly what you described, the taste does change, even when at weaker amounts of nic (6 or 12). I forgot about that way back when (June?) it was discussed in another thread. Yes its true and thanks for bringing back the memories. =)

I too just got the Mentha with nic.. OMG I'M IN HEAVEN! I don't taste the bitter you're talking about but then again, I've not tried any w/o nic. BUT.... I've been off analogs for 19 days and am really staring to taste the various flavors. At first I was not as impressed with the various differences between them ( bad taste buds from 25 years of analogs) but now.....OH YEAAAAA BABY!!!! In fact, tonight was the first time that Jack In the Box tacos reallyyyyyyyy hit the spot on my toungue!!! I may actually finally gain some weight...food it soo much better already!!!

Stick with it!

Save $, Vape More!

I too just got the Mentha with nic.. OMG I'M IN HEAVEN! I don't taste the bitter you're talking about but then again, I've not tried any w/o nic. BUT.... I've been off analogs for 19 days and am really staring to taste the various flavors. At first I was not as impressed with the various differences between them ( bad taste buds from 25 years of analogs) but now.....OH YEAAAAA BABY!!!! In fact, tonight was the first time that Jack In the Box tacos reallyyyyyyyy hit the spot on my toungue!!! I may actually finally gain some weight...food it soo much better already!!!

Stick with it!

Save $, Vape More!

The Mentha IS awesome, isn't it? I have several flavors now, but keep coming back to that one. It rocks my socks. :)

Couldn't have said it any better Chris.

Although it also depends on the Nicotine in the E-Liquid. Some nicotine is very harsh and just over all low quality.

If mixed right with very high quality Nicotine, I honestly believe it will taste as good as it does without Nicotine, IMHO.

:thumbsup: