Best E-Cig For Dripping

hoydog23

Last year I bought an NJoy NPro and immediately cut out the habit of smoking analog cigs. I absolutely loved it. Anyways, after doing some reading about the different ways to smoke I decided that using the e liquid was the most cost effective. I don't know if it was that the NPro is not designed for dripping or just that it is an inferior product, but I continually had issues with it...everything from the battery to the atomizer. This wasn't a huge deal for a while, because NJoy has a 1 year warranty, so I kept getting new ones delivered to my door, and pretty quickly too I might add. Flash forward to now, when my warranty is up and once again it is broken.

So....my question is what e cig should I invest in next. Here is my situation:

- I liked that the NPro was smaller, but I don't want to sacrifice quality for size.

- I want to continue to use the e-liquid over the cartridges and would like a product that is able to accommodate this.

- Obviously, I would like to keep the cost down, but again don't want to skimp on quality and have it break again.

- Battery life is obviously a concern, but most places I will be using it (work and home) will have somewhere to plug in to charge it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I am so sick of smoking analog cigs, and want to get back on the e-cig train immediately.

Thanks!

Me first, me first! eGo kit... for the win! ! One of the main things you will want to look for when making your decision is that you go with a manual battery instead of an auto battery. The manual batts are sealed so you don't need to worry about ruining any that way.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Me first, me first! eGo kit... for the win! ! One of the main things you will want to look for when making your decision is that you go with a manual battery instead of an auto battery. The manual batts are sealed so you don't need to worry about ruining any that way.

Is this the one you are talking about: http://www.bigboxstore.com/hot-sale-high-quality-electronic-cigarette-vaporized-joye-ego.html

This one seems so cheap compared to all the other eGo kits i am finding. Do you see any reason not to grab this one over all the others that are listed anywhere from $60-$90? Is something missing out of this one, or is it a possible knock-off?

Is this the one you are talking about: http://www.bigboxstore.com/hot-sale-high-quality-electronic-cigarette-vaporized-joye-ego.html

This one seems so cheap compared to all the other eGo kits i am finding. Do you see any reason not to grab this one over all the others that are listed anywhere from $60-$90? Is something missing out of this one, or is it a possible knock-off?

Looks like that cheaper one comes with only 1 atomizer instead of 2 and doesn't come with a storage pouch, but everything else looks the same if you compare it to this one for $65: http://www.route66vapor.com/products/Joye-eGo-Starter-Kit-Black.html To me, it doesn't sound like those 2 things are worth the extra $30...am I wrong? Do the atomizers break quickly? Am I going to be kicking myself for not having a second one in two weeks, or are they pretty reliable?

Unfortunately, atomizers could last you a couple of months... or a couple of days... you never know when one could go down on ya. You should always have backup parts lying around for e-cigs... this is something learned quickly. Otherwise, if something breaks, we would be right back on analog cigarettes again. The eGo battery will last 6-8 hours on average... whereas a little 510 battery might only last an hour or so. Many people on here have a eGo in there arsenal... they are simply a solid unit that will last. There are also alot of knockoffs out there now.... some are junk and others may be fine. I'd stick with the Genuine Joye eGo and you should be golden. If I were you though... I would also make certain that I bought some Boge/LR 510 cartomizers (1.8-2.0 ohms)immediately if not sooner. These could end up working great for you like they do for me. And if you don't already have a drip tip I would also highly recommend that also... they work great on attys or cartos! I don't even buy/use atomizers anymore... and dont plan on buying another one either. Others will be in soon to pitch in I'm sure. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Looks like that cheaper one comes with only 1 atomizer instead of 2 and doesn't come with a storage pouch, but everything else looks the same if you compare it to this one for $65: http://www.route66va...-Kit-Black.html To me, it doesn't sound like those 2 things are worth the extra $30...am I wrong? Do the atomizers break quickly? Am I going to be kicking myself for not having a second one in two weeks, or are they pretty reliable?

The box says ego but the PV in the pics looks like a riva or other knockoff.

the gold toned end cap and threads plus the small button make me think this.

You can get a genuine joye ego from the vaportalk store with a bottle of juice

included in the price.With the 10% off code it's a good deal,I think it also qualifies

for free shipping(not sure,check with Chris on that)and you get a good warranty

with great service.

I'm one of those who is recommending the eGo (or tornado - same exact thing, different name) to everyone. It's a fantastic device.

You can get a tornado kit from totally wicked on sale for $51.79 http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/tornado-products.html

The kit comes with

2 x Black lithium batteries (2 Manual)

2 x Black Atomizers

1 x Battery Charging unit.

1 x US Charging lead.

10 x Atomised Cartridges (5 x 16mg, 2 x 11mg, 2 x 8mg, 1 x zero)

1 x UK user manual. 1x Atomizer cone, 1 x TITAN to TORNADO charging adaptor.

Or you can get an eGo kit on sale at Puresmoker for $50. http://www.puresmoker.com/category_s/69.htm

2 x Joye eGo Batteries (Color Choices: Satin Black, Stainless Steel, Red, & Blue)

2 x Joye eGo Atomizer Cones (Matching the color choice you picked for you batteries)

2 x Joye Atomizers (Black Atomizer = Standard Resistance, Stainless Steel Atomizer = Low Resistance)

1 x Turbo USB Charger

1 x Wall Adapter for USB Charger

1 x Joye eGo Pouch

1 x Joye eGo Manual

1 x TONIC eLiquid Sample (Flavor & Strength Picked at Random)

It's always a good idea to have extra batteries, atomizers, and juice. I always have at least 3 batteries on hand. That's in case one dies. If you are down to one battery and can't vape while it charges, you'll possibly find yourself craving a smoke instead. If you only have two atomizers and one dies, you can be okay until one comes in the mail, but if that second one only lasts for a day, you're done vaping until an order comes in. Better to have a few extras around. If you run out of juice...you'rd done vaping until an order come in. Not good. Not good at all. Backups, backups, and more backups. And then some backups for those backups. Words to live by.

The 510 atomizer is the most popular atomizer. The standard 510 atomizer is perfect for direct dripping. Using a drip tip makes it much more easier and there is no need to remove the top. The vapor production is really good.

The 510 batteries are okay. The only downfall is that they only last about 1-2 hours depending on how much you vape. Most will suggest the Ego. It uses the popular 510 atomizer and the battery life is outstanding. It is small and fits in the palm of your hand.

I agree with Joe about the bigboxstore, it looks like a knock off. The gold band/end and the fact it refers to it as "the Ego" is the tip off for me.

Try not to get so hung up on the price point. Most genuine Ego/Tornado will be in the $65-75 range +/-. You are going to need extra atomizers and liquid. With some of the kits you get an extra atomizer and some offer a bottle of liquid. By the time you add this to the cheap kits it all comes out the same.

I suggest picking up a couple extra atomizers, maybe some cartomizers, a drip tip and a few different flavored liquids. You won't be disappointed.

Good luck.

Edited by BirdDog

The 510 atomizer is the most popular atomizer. The standard 510 atomizer is perfect for direct dripping. Using a drip tip makes it much more easier and there is no need to remove the top. The vapor production is really good.

The 510 batteries are okay. The only downfall is that they only last about 1-2 hours depending on how much you vape. Most will suggest the Ego. It uses the popular 510 atomizer and the battery life is outstanding. It is small and fits in the palm of your hand.

I agree with Joe about the bigboxstore, it looks like a knock off. The gold band/end and the fact it refers to it as "the Ego" is the tip off for me.

Try not to get so hung up on the price point. Most genuine Ego/Tornado will be in the $65-75 range +/-. You are going to need extra atomizers and liquid. With some of the kits you get an extra atomizer and some offer a bottle of liquid. By the time you add this to the cheap kits it all comes out the same.

I suggest picking up a couple extra atomizers, maybe some cartomizers, a drip tip and a few different flavored liquids. You won't be disappointed.

Good luck.

Thanks for all the great info!

One question, what drip tip do you recommend getting for a ego? Will this one work: http://www.puresmoker.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ZIPTIP

If so, what zip tip type do i want? The 510/901/KR808 one right?

The eGo kit already has cones... so you wouldn't need 2 extras. Unless maybe you meant to get 2 extra "atomizers" instead of "atomizer cones"? I would sure recommend you have a couple extra atomizers.

That is what I meant...so I want these instead then, right: http://www.puresmoker.com/product_p/joyeatom510.htm

Any suggestion on which resistance level to get?

Welcome to Vapor Talk. You're making a great choice with the eGo. It's a great unit. If I were you I'd try 1 regular atty and 1Lr so you can see the difference between the two.

Just remember that atty's are hit or miss. They can last for a month or more or as little as 10 mins. You just never know. I know it's no fun doing a lot of looking, you kinda just want to get it an go, but their price for delrin drip tips is a little high. If you don't have to have on right now I'd look around a little first for that. Just take the filler out of one of the carts and use it as a tip. You will have to take it off and on this way but you can handle that for a short time. Also, don't for get to get some extra juice. And I also agree with Dayvape and look into getting some 2.0LR cartomizers by Boge(vaporkings ) They are a great product and really work wonders. Will help when you can't drip, like driving. Other than that it looks like you're on your way to vaping nirvanna. Keep us informed as to how it's going.

Good luck and happy vaping.thumbup.gif

Your cart looks good except for the cones. You really don't need extra cones unless you lose one, you just want extras or other colors. I haven't tried the zip tips, those look good. Some people prefer a wider mouthed drip tip, I don't see that as an option with the zip tips. I have a regular drip tip and it works fine for me. If you shop around, you will find all sorts of drip tips in different sizes, shape, material and colors.

You do want to add the 510 atomizers. The suggestion about the LR atomizers is a good idea. I don't have any experience with LR atomizers, so I am useless on that one. Dayvape and Snubber have good advice about the LR's.

wordupecigs has a huge starter kit for the Joye eGo. It has wordup on it but it is real Joye. They also carry the Joye 510 cartos in packs of 5 with the silver threads which seem to work better than gold ones. You get a bottle of juice with your kit. They also carry the eGo jumbo attys and carts and jumbo cartos. This kit has everything you need, you may want to order the Joye 510 atty and a drip tip, not good for driving but sublime while at home. If you really want to go whole hog you can get the eGo pasthrough which plugs into your computer and charges while you vape. You can never have enough juice or attys/cartos. With winter here you don't want to get snowed in without backups. I think this kit comes with a car charger too. I have already got my winter weather plan in place, if you lose power plug into car charger, mine will charge while engine is off, hubby's will not, but I have the camper with a generator so I'm ready. Always plan ahead and you won't need to go back to analogs and soon you won't want to.

I got my Riva kit for $36 shipped from www.vapor-ize.com. The Riva is essentially the same thing as the eGo, made by Eastmall. $51 isn't too bad, so you might wanna go with Totally Wicked, specifically because you can get cheap atomizers there. They have 5-packs of 510 atomizers for $30, which comes out to just $6 each. Most sites I've seen charge $9 to $12 for a single atomizer.

Edited by DerStadtschutz

I've had my Joye eGo for almost a week now, and I cannot think of a single let down yet. My next purchase will definitely include some LR atomizers, but the eGo performed like a champ right out of the box.